List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking up from Dixie Flatline 's excellent list above.

Current known contract expiry by year as at 14th March 2024

Josh Bennetts (B), Luke Breust, Sam Frost, Denver Grainger-Barras, Jack Gunston, Blake Hardwick, Changkuoth Jiath, Lloyd Meek*, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Jack O'Sullivan (2022 ND), Ethan Phillips (SSP) (A), Jack Scrimshaw, Cooper Stephens (A)*, Clay Tucker (A), Chad Wingard
Sam Butler, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Calsher Dear, Connor MacDonald, Finn Maginness, Seamus Mitchell (A) , Max Ramsden (A), Bodie Ryan, Jai Serong , Josh Ward, James Worpel
Karl Amon, James Blanck (A), Henry Hustwaite, Jarman Impey, Mitch Lewis, Bailey MacDonald, Cameron MacKenzie, Will McCabe, Dylan Moore, Jai Newcombe, Ned Reeves, Nick Watson, Josh Weddle
Mabior Chol (with trigger for 2028), Will Day, Jack Ginnivan, James Sicily

* Sourced Aug2023 from Herald Sun, HFC have never disclosed the contract lengths to my knowledge.
(A) Cat A rookie in 2024
(B) Cat B rookie in 2024

Last edited:
I just want one year deals for Burgoyne, Gibson and Hodge in the very near future thank you.
I reckon if there not signed before finals then there might be one or two off them looking to go out on a winning note as in win a forth flag in a row be part of the greatest team in history, and adios

I reckon if there not signed before finals then there might be one or two off them looking to go out on a winning note as in win a forth flag in a row be part of the greatest team in history, and adios
It could be a case that both club and player don't want to make a commitment right now in case a career ending injury (and that could be almost anything at their age) would mean a chunk of the salary cap has gone to waste for 2017. Obviously that would be more club driven but I think these guys genuinely care about the club doing well after they're gone and I also reckon they're not concerned too much about not having that money locked in for 2017 with all 3 of Hodge, Gibson and Burgoyne being prime candidates for coaching and media roles once they retire. Possibly (hopefully) at Hawthorn.

It could be a case that both club and player don't want to make a commitment right now in case a career ending injury (and that could be almost anything at their age) would mean a chunk of the salary cap has gone to waste for 2017. Obviously that would be more club driven but I think these guys genuinely care about the club doing well after they're gone and I also reckon they're not concerned too much about not having that money locked in for 2017 with all 3 of Hodge, Gibson and Burgoyne being prime candidates for coaching and media roles once they retire. Possibly (hopefully) at Hawthorn.
Not sure if its true but I heard Gibbo had a mrs that lives in the states and he's keen to get over there when he does retire

Not sure if its true but I heard Gibbo had a mrs that lives in the states and he's keen to get over there when he does retire

He was dating an Aussie journo/TV presenter who lived over there. He's dating a local now though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

depends how hard ball the suns play for O'Meara.... breust is the player some feel they will want as a trade.

depends how hard ball the suns play for O'Meara.... breust is the player some feel they will want as a trade.
If the rumours that we'll be accepting a second rounder for Hill are in any way accurate then no way are they getting near Breust for a player who has missed 2 years of footy with a serious knee injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back