List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking up from Dixie Flatline 's excellent list above.

Current known contract expiry by year as at 14th March 2024

Josh Bennetts (B), Luke Breust, Sam Frost, Denver Grainger-Barras, Jack Gunston, Blake Hardwick, Changkuoth Jiath, Lloyd Meek*, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Jack O'Sullivan (2022 ND), Ethan Phillips (SSP) (A), Jack Scrimshaw, Cooper Stephens (A)*, Clay Tucker (A), Chad Wingard
Sam Butler, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Calsher Dear, Connor MacDonald, Finn Maginness, Seamus Mitchell (A) , Max Ramsden (A), Bodie Ryan, Jai Serong , Josh Ward, James Worpel
Karl Amon, James Blanck (A), Henry Hustwaite, Jarman Impey, Mitch Lewis, Bailey MacDonald, Cameron MacKenzie, Will McCabe, Dylan Moore, Jai Newcombe, Ned Reeves, Nick Watson, Josh Weddle
Mabior Chol (with trigger for 2028), Will Day, Jack Ginnivan, James Sicily

* Sourced Aug2023 from Herald Sun, HFC have never disclosed the contract lengths to my knowledge.
(A) Cat A rookie in 2024
(B) Cat B rookie in 2024

Last edited:

Reckon they would be sitting down Now and working it all out,the club won't let go and don't think he would want to leave seems very settled at the moment IMO

is there any chance the club are giving Gus games to boost his trade value for a Western Australian club to look at?

is there any chance the club are giving Gus games to boost his trade value for a Western Australian club to look at?
Say what? Surely this is a joke?

Gus is getting games because he deserves games. He is getting better every game he plays and would be close to, if not in the Hawks best 22 now. If he goes or stays it has nothing to do with him getting given games.

I thought it was his worst game of his short (so far) AFL career. That was due to a mixture of shocking set-up early leaving him one-out with Franklin again and again, and some poor decisions with the ball. I've been so impressed with him this season, but that wasn't one of his best.

I thought it was his worst game of his short (so far) AFL career. That was due to a mixture of shocking set-up early leaving him one-out with Franklin again and again, and some poor decisions with the ball. I've been so impressed with him this season, but that wasn't one of his best.
Yea I thought so to. However I saw him often swapping between the 4 talls. I cannot remember a game previously where his opponent was a KPP and of the quality that Sydney has. I don't see him being put in that situation very often. Still good learning curve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is left to put pen to paper before the season ends,i hope they are working on Luke Lowden.When a player has improved as Luke has i think that is an indicator that the switch has been flicked and we may have a player to work with,i hope the club are working hard to reinterate that Hawthorn is the place for Luke to stay.He has great mobility for a player of that size and i can only see him getting better with maturity and time!!!!Keep the Vultures at bay Wrighty!!!

Shame that Grimley hasn't had many games. Very exciting type

He's frustrating to watch because he does have potential but only shows it in bursts. Good forward/second ruck in the VFL, but lacks the consistency that's required and just hasn't done enough to warrant selection.

He's frustrating to watch because he does have potential but only shows it in bursts. Good forward/second ruck in the VFL, but lacks the consistency that's required and just hasn't done enough to warrant selection.

Has Grimley taken another step the last few weeks or is he still 1-2 years away from being AFL ready?

Would not surprise me if a few clubs had a look at him during trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back