List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking up from Dixie Flatline 's excellent list above.

Current known contract expiry by year as at 14th March 2024

Josh Bennetts (B), Luke Breust, Sam Frost, Denver Grainger-Barras, Jack Gunston, Blake Hardwick, Changkuoth Jiath, Lloyd Meek*, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Jack O'Sullivan (2022 ND), Ethan Phillips (SSP) (A), Jack Scrimshaw, Cooper Stephens (A)*, Clay Tucker (A), Chad Wingard
Sam Butler, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Calsher Dear, Connor MacDonald, Finn Maginness, Seamus Mitchell (A) , Max Ramsden (A), Bodie Ryan, Jai Serong , Josh Ward, James Worpel
Karl Amon, James Blanck (A), Henry Hustwaite, Jarman Impey, Mitch Lewis, Bailey MacDonald, Cameron MacKenzie, Will McCabe, Dylan Moore, Jai Newcombe, Ned Reeves, Nick Watson, Josh Weddle
Mabior Chol (with trigger for 2028), Will Day, Jack Ginnivan, James Sicily

* Sourced Aug2023 from Herald Sun, HFC have never disclosed the contract lengths to my knowledge.
(A) Cat A rookie in 2024
(B) Cat B rookie in 2024

Last edited:

A lot harder to keep track of contracts this year than previous seasons, for obvious reasons. I understand that this is a reasonably accurate assessment of the current list, taking into account announced retirements (to date):

Keegan Brooksby (SSP rookie selection), Conor Glass (retired), Will Golds, Damon Greaves, Oliver Hanrahan, Ricky Henderson (retired), Daniel Howe, Emerson Jeka (rookie), Changkuoth Jiath, Harrison Jones, Jacob Koschitzke, Ben McEvoy, Darren Minchington (SSP rookie selection), Dylan Moore, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Harrison Pepper (2019 category B rookie selection), Paul Puopolo (retired), Ned Reeves (rookie), Jackson Ross, Jack Scrimshaw, Isaac Smith, Ben Stratton (retired), Mathew Walker

Luke Breust, Shaun Burgoyne, James Cousins, Blake Hardwick, Tim O'Brien, Tom Scully, James Worpel

Jonathon Ceglar, Jack Gunston, Mitchell Lewis, Jonathon Patton, Liam Shiels, James Sicily, Chad Wingard

Jarman Impey, Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O'Meara

unknown contract length

Sam Frost, Michael Hartley

Thanks streetspirit . I assumed it was two years because I believe Essendon offered him one year and he rejected it. But I couldn't confirm that it was two years in length.

Scrimshaw signed to the end of 2022, Morrison to the end of 2021 and Hanrahan to the end of 2021.

BTW, I only know this because I had an email from the club this morning. Nothing on twitter and the club hasn't updated its "news" section in the website for two weeks. A shambles.

Last edited:

Will Golds, Damon Greaves, Daniel Howe, Emerson Jeka (rookie), Changkuoth Jiath, Harrison Jones, Jacob Koschitzke, Ben McEvoy, Dylan Moore, Conor Nash, Harrison Pepper (2019 category B rookie selection), Ned Reeves (rookie), Jackson Ross, Isaac Smith, Mathew Walker

Luke Breust, Shaun Burgoyne, James Cousins, Oliver Hanrahan, Blake Hardwick, Michael Hartley*, Finn Maginness+, Josh Morris+, Harry Morrison, Tim O'Brien, Tom Scully, James Worpel

Jonathon Ceglar, Sam Frost, Jack Gunston, Mitchell Lewis, Jonathon Patton, Liam Shiels, James Sicily, Jack Scrimshaw, Chad Wingard

Will Day, Jarman Impey, Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O'Meara

* Assumed that Hartley signed a two year contract when joining Hawthorn as a pre-season draftee at the end of 2019.
+ Assumed that, as 2019 national draftees, Maginness and Morris each signed a two year contract with Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emerson Jeka (rookie), Changkuoth Jiath, Harrison Jones, Jacob Koschitzke, Dylan Moore, Harrison Pepper (2019 category B rookie selection), Ned Reeves (rookie), Jackson Ross, Isaac Smith, Mathew Walker

Luke Breust, Shaun Burgoyne, James Cousins, Oliver Hanrahan, Blake Hardwick, Michael Hartley*, Damon Greaves, Daniel Howe, Finn Maginness+, Ben McEvoy, Josh Morris+, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Tim O'Brien, Tom Scully

Jonathon Ceglar, Sam Frost, Jack Gunston, Mitchell Lewis, Jonathon Patton, Liam Shiels, James Sicily, Jack Scrimshaw, Chad Wingard

Will Day, Jarman Impey, Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O'Meara, James Worpel

* Assumed that Hartley signed a two year contract when joining Hawthorn as a pre-season draftee at the end of 2019.
+ Assumed that, as 2019 national draftees, Maginness and Morris each signed a two year contract with Hawthorn.

Jiath and Brooksby sign new contracts with Hawthorn, which also announces that Dylan Moore will be delisted with the view of selecting him in the near future. Walker and Jones have not been offered contracts with Hawthorn.

hawthornfc.com.au/news/838153

Luke Breust, Shaun Burgoyne, James Cousins, Damon Greaves, Oliver Hanrahan, Blake Hardwick, Michael Hartley*, Daniel Howe, Emerson Jeka (rookie), Finn Maginness+, Ben McEvoy, Josh Morris+, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Tim O'Brien, Ned Reeves (rookie), Tom Scully

Jonathon Ceglar, Sam Frost, Jack Gunston, Kyle Hartigan, Mitchell Lewis, Jonathon Patton, Tom Phillips, Liam Shiels, James Sicily, Jack Scrimshaw, Chad Wingard

? The club has not confirmed the situations of Harrison Pepper or Jacob Koschitzke, both of whom were listed with Hawthorn in 2020.

Last edited:
Dylan Moore re-signs with Hawthorn for 2021 (as a rookie).

Luke Breust, Keegan Brooksby (rookie), Shaun Burgoyne, James Cousins, Damon Greaves, Oliver Hanrahan, Blake Hardwick, Michael Hartley, Daniel Howe, Emerson Jeka (rookie), Changkuoth Jiath, Jacob Koschitzke* Finn Maginness+, Ben McEvoy, Josh Morris+, Harry Morrison, Dylan Moore (rookie), Conor Nash, Tim O'Brien, Harrison Pepper (category B rookie)^, Ned Reeves (rookie), Tom Scully

Jonathon Ceglar, Sam Frost, Jack Gunston, Kyle Hartigan, Mitchell Lewis, Jonathon Patton, Tom Phillips, Liam Shiels, James Sicily, Jack Scrimshaw, Chad Wingard

* The club has never confirmed the contract status of Jacob Koschitzke, but it appears that Koschitzke agreed to a one-year contract extension.
^ The club has never confirmed the contract status of Harrison Pepper, but it was reported by AFL Media that he had agreed to stay on the category B rookie list with Hawthorn for 2021

Mods; The entire opening post needs an update. It’s got players who are no longer at the club, players assigned the wrong numbers, and players who’s contract status are well out of date. lol

Mods; The entire opening post needs an update. It’s got players who are no longer at the club, players assigned the wrong numbers, and players who’s contract status are well out of date. lol

We'd do that if the first post of the thread was pinned. I do my best to keep the contract expiry years up to date and will update them when I can after every contract announcement from the club. To have to update the first post of the thread every time a contract was announced would double the work, and I don't have time for that.

CJ nearing an extension

BREAKOUT HAWK SET TO BE REWARDED

HAWTHORN speedster Changkuoth Jiath is closing in on hitting a contract extension for next year. [currently has]... a one-year contract that included a games trigger for 2022. [...] Jiath is expected to hit the trigger and win an extension for next year

Other Hawks without a deal for next year include Blake Hardwick, Jacob Koschitzke, Harry Morrison, James Cousins, Daniel Howe, Ollie Hanrahan and free agents Tim O'Brien and Dylan Moore.

Meantime, the Hawks' list management restructure, that saw Mark McKenzie replace outgoing head of football Graham Wright as the club's list manager, has resulted in an upgrade for Nathan Foley.

Foley, who played 154 games for Richmond across 2005-2014, held the role as the head of the Hawks' Next Generation Academy and has since taken up a position as a recruiting manager under McKenzie. – Mitch Cleary

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back