List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking up from Dixie Flatline 's excellent list above.

Current known contract expiry by year as at 14th March 2024

Josh Bennetts (B), Luke Breust, Sam Frost, Denver Grainger-Barras, Jack Gunston, Blake Hardwick, Changkuoth Jiath, Lloyd Meek*, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Jack O'Sullivan (2022 ND), Ethan Phillips (SSP) (A), Jack Scrimshaw, Cooper Stephens (A)*, Clay Tucker (A), Chad Wingard
Sam Butler, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Calsher Dear, Connor MacDonald, Finn Maginness, Seamus Mitchell (A) , Max Ramsden (A), Bodie Ryan, Jai Serong , Josh Ward, James Worpel
Karl Amon, James Blanck (A), Henry Hustwaite, Jarman Impey, Mitch Lewis, Bailey MacDonald, Cameron MacKenzie, Will McCabe, Dylan Moore, Jai Newcombe, Ned Reeves, Nick Watson, Josh Weddle
Mabior Chol (with trigger for 2028), Will Day, Jack Ginnivan, James Sicily

* Sourced Aug2023 from Herald Sun, HFC have never disclosed the contract lengths to my knowledge.
(A) Cat A rookie in 2024
(B) Cat B rookie in 2024

Last edited:

I would keep O’Brien hanrahan cousins as depth players they are handy. Howe can go I don’t even want him as a depth player.
I like Hanrahan and I think he could earn himself another year, but I think Timmy will have some very still competition for his role by the end of the year and he may be encouraged to explore FA.

I like Hanrahan and I think he could earn himself another year, but I think Timmy will have some very still competition for his role by the end of the year and he may be encouraged to explore FA.
Yeah, I wouldn’t lose any sleep if O’Brien left, just wouldn’t mind keeping him purely as depth.

I think were at that stage of our
Iist management where we will start to remove those with bad kicking skills. I think Cousins, O'Brien and Howe are gone in my opinion. Moore another year on the Rookie list, an Hanrahan a one year contract.

Last edited:
Hardwick, Worpel, Day, Scrimshaw, Barass, Koschitzke, Jeka all need extensions.
Worpel and Day both signed until end of 2023, Scrimshaw end of 2022.
Hardwick, Jeka and Kosi all up at the end of this year I believe so hopefully we can get them to re-sign before too long.

Hardwick close to a 3yr extension

HAWKS TO LOCK AWAY CRUCIAL DEFENDER
HAWTHORN is closing in on securing the signature of backman Blake Hardwick – the club's most important out-of-contract player in 2021.

It's understood the Hawks and Hardwick's management – Phoenix Management Group – are working towards a three-year extension that will tie the 24-year-old to Waverley Park until at least the end of 2024.

After agreeing to terms with Hardwick, attention will turn to deals for unsigned pair Jacob Koschitzke and Harry Morrison.

Running defender Changkuoth Jiath holds a games trigger to hit an extension for 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is a fairly accurate list of current contract expiry dates. Please note that it still includes Tom Scully and Jonathon Patton, since both retired after the last date for total player payment submissions. I also assume that Bramble got a one year contract, Callow a six-month contract (to the end of the 2021 season) and that the 2020 national draftees each received a two year contract.

Lachie Bramble (SPP selection), Keegan Brooksby (rookie), Shaun Burgoyne, Jackson Callow (MSD selection), James Cousins, Damon Greaves, Oliver Hanrahan, Michael Hartley, Daniel Howe, Emerson Jeka (rookie), Changkuoth Jiath, Jacob Koschitzke, Finn Maginness, Josh Morris, Harry Morrison, Dylan Moore (rookie), Conor Nash, Tim O'Brien, Harrison Pepper (category B rookie)^, Jack Saunders (rookie), Tom Scully

Tyler Brockman, Jonathon Ceglar, Connor Downie, Sam Frost, Denver Grainger-Barras, Jack Gunston, Kyle Hartigan, Mitchell Lewis, Ben McEvoy, Seamus Mitchell, Jonathon Patton, Tom Phillips, Liam Shiels, James Sicily, Jack Scrimshaw, Chad Wingard

Luke Breust, Will Day, Jarman Impey, Tom Mitchell, Jai Newcombe (MSD selection), Jaeger O'Meara, Ned Reeves, James Worpel

Blake Hardwick

Last edited:
Just your luck LeBuddyRoughShow , as Clarko has mentioned today Jiath and his management are in talks for extra years on top of next year.

The dashing half-back, 22, has had a break-out season, averaging more than 20 disposals in 16 matches and triggering a clause to play on next season. But he and his manager are now seeking a multi-year contract, and the Hawks are keen to get a deal done with the former next generation academy prospect.

Only new one for me is that apparently Morris has resigned until 2023. Jeka, Moore, Kozzie, Howe and Bramble seem safe.

HAWTHORN
Out of contract (17): Lachie Bramble, Keegan Brooksby (UFA), Shaun Burgoyne (UFA), Jackson Callow, James Cousins, Damon Greaves, Ollie Hanrahan, Michael Hartley (UFA), Dan Howe, Emerson Jeka, Jacob Koschitzke, Finn Maginness, Dylan Moore (UFA), Harry Morrison, Tim O’Brien (UFA), Harry Pepper, Jack Saunders

Changkuoth Jiath has hit a contract trigger for 2022 but could sign a longer deal in the coming months. Josh Morris has recommitted until 2023, while Jeka is certain to re-sign. After his career was on a knife’s edge a year ago, Moore’s breakout season up forward has him in a much better position. Koschitzke has also enhanced his standing and will be a Hawk in 2022 and beyond, while Howe is likely to continue for another year. SSP signing Bramble is on track to remain in brown and gold, but there is a bit to play out with Morrison. Maginness is keen to develop as an onballer and a new deal is still some way off. Cousins, O’Brien and Hanrahan may have to bide their time. Burgoyne is retiring this year.

As Stratton24 pointed out in the List Mgmt thread, interesting to note Conor Nash not on the above list.

The latest updates from Marc McGowan

Hawthorn

Out of contract (14): Lachie Bramble, Keegan Brooksby (UFA), Jackson Callow, James Cousins, Damon Greaves, Ollie Hanrahan, Michael Hartley (UFA), Dan Howe, Finn Maginness, Dylan Moore (UFA), Harry Morrison, Tim O’Brien (UFA), Harry Pepper, Jack Saunders

Moore’s breakout season is set to deliver him a two-year deal. Talks have started on a new contract for father-son selection Maginness, while Howe’s career-best season and Bramble’s strong debut campaign have them on target for extensions. Swingman O’Brien played his best football of the year in recent rounds as a defender, but where he fits in Sam Mitchell’s plans is still to be determined. Morrison – a senior regular this year again – Cousins, Callow, Hanrahan, Pepper, Greaves and Saunders are others biding their time. Shaun Burgoyne plays his 407th and final game on Saturday. Veterans Brooksby and Hartley may be up against it.

Hawthorn is happy to let Changkuoth Jiath fall out of contract next year after he hit a trigger clause for 2022 this year, which could end up working in his favour.

“CJ” will be on minimum chips from a salary cap perspective but instead of signing an extension in the off-season the Hawks will let that deal ride.

It means if he can continue his impressive form he will have maximum leverage to secure a significant deal at the Hawks or elsewhere.

Hawthorn has told many of its out-of-contract players they will have to wait until the end of the VFL season before it can make a decision on their future.

It means players including key back Tim O’Brien might have to look elsewhere for certainty, with the Western Bulldogs one potential landing spot.

At 27 he isn’t front of mind in the plans of clubs, but the decision to leave multiple players hanging in exit meetings means many are left in limbo for multiple weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back