List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Other clubs aren't in as dire straights with their midfield as we are. They can afford to take the risk on a defender makeshift midfielder like Ginbey and it could very well pay off.

The lack of fandom re Ginbey is because we need a top end midfielder more than ever, particularly given we never get high draft picks and even more so for the fact we just traded pick 2 away.

If Ginbey is selected by us and is a midfield bust, it'd be huuuuge in setting us back. We're desperate and can't risk it. Likewise Allen at 12 over Hewett IMO.

Agree with this. I get the allure of taking a risk and seeing it pay off but our list is completely broken, the risk of ******* it up now is too great, and will set us back even further.

Now is no time to gamble, we need genuine, proven (as much as it can be proven at U18 level) midfield talent.

We've lost the chance for a Wardlaw or another top 5 midfielder AND THE REASONS WHY HAVE BEEN EXPLAINED TIME AND TIME AGAIN SO THEREFORE WAS ABSOLUTELY THE RIGHT DECISION SO NO MORE TALKING ABOUT IT OK :drunk:, so we need to absolutely nail this draft with the lesser picks we now have.

Start gambling when we start moving back up the ladder. * off with your pieman special defenders with midfield potential, or your kids who haven't played since U10s, or your randoms with ? draft profile pics. Give me midfielders you pie munching, toupeee rocking kent, and your nepotistic offsider Toddy too.

The more I think about it rather more I’d be happy trading next years second & 26 for 14. I don’t think we will finish second last again so it could end up being something like 26 & 26 for 14.

To even make that offer I guess it depends if we think we are going to get a better player with that pick next year than 14 this year. Even if we trade that we still have ports second rounder and a good draft hand & could easily buy back into the second round using future picks.

I’d then go.

8 - Mackenzie
12 - Hewitt
14 - Allan
26 - Burgiel
71 - Lemmey (He’s a risk but could be high reward. Perfect spot to take these sort of risks)

Had a nightmare last night...... I dreamt the flowing:

Its Christmas morning and I have been dreaming all month of a brand new shiny bike, I asked father Christmas for it , even text messaged him to reinforce the wish ..... couldn't sleep last night imagining my new bike.... wonder what colour it is ... red/blue/black/silver ?????????

I bound into the lounge room and my heart sank as I look at my chair will all my pressies on it ...... and I see ..... an olive green scooter.

Tears start to run down my cheeks and I try to hide my disappointment once again.

To make things worse, I then look out the window and I see the kent next door riding about on his brand new shiny purple mountain bike.

I woke up and have been glum all morning ........... surly that wasn't a bad omen.

Have been singing the Kevin Bloody Wilson song ever since I woke up: Santa Claus you F*** C***... feel free to join in if you know the words.
I’ve had those kind of dreams.

I went and bought myself a great bike when I was old enough.

Later I sold the good bike cheaply, now I have an ok one.

I'll put my chips on the table.

Pick 9 Preference Mackenzie after being talked around on his inside game. Ginbey as the second option here and whoever else slides would be a good third option, perhaps Clark given his size/ build. A

Pick 13 I'd take Allan. Massive upside, can find the pill and if he's not a midfielder he's a wingman or a flanker with a huge tank. If he keeps on growing he's a KPP. Don't want Buss or Jeff, but could see the later taken if Allan is off the table.

Pick 23 Hewett if he slides here would be huge win for the rebuild. If not Hewett then one of Clarke or Jones.

Pick 29 dream scenario Jones is available. If we land a tall at pick 13 and don't take Hewett then Szybkowski is hopefully available here.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I'm with you, especially with the first two picks. Mackenzie and Allan are my preference. On the later I don't think he is the boom or bust that some are making out. I think he has a good floor and a very high ceiling.

If Hewitt doesn't make it to 20 am hoping we nab george if he is still on the board.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us walk away with Sydney’s pick 14 or 17 looking at who else would possibly be making a play for it. Talk of Sydney wanting to trade into next year’s draft with the picks we’ve got we’d have to be front runners if we wanted one of them.

I just don’t see anyone trading a future 1st for one of Sydney’s picks and we’ve got an early 2nd this year plus Ports 2nd next year to offer up. Alternatively, our 26 this year plus our 2nd next year.

I am ok with Ginbey and Allan at our first two picks.

Both seem to have real running power and speed which we lack.

Hewett at #20 would be the icing on the cake.

Would be happy with MacKenzie also if Ginbey is gone.

Allan and Jefferson or Busslinger as our first two picks would be the nightmare scenario (a probable flanker/wing and a tall, no midfielder).

Last edited:
Call me insane, but i am going to back the Pieman in here. I absolutely refuse to believe that he is stupid enough to take anything but the best two midfielders available with our first two picks

Any 2 of Phillipou/Mackenzie/Jye Clark/Hewitt/And Ginbey with our first two picks i can live with

If however, he decides to go say, Buslinger and Allen.........we have a problem

I have long had serious reservations about O'Brien on draft night, but i believe he will get this right

Call me insane, but i am going to back the Pieman in here. I absolutely refuse to believe that he is stupid enough to take anything but the best two midfielders available with our first two picks

Any 2 of Phillipou/Mackenzie/Jye Clark/Hewitt/And Ginbey with our first two picks i can live with

I have long had serious reservations about O'Brien on draft night, but i believe he will get this right
Youre insane

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imposter GIF by Partiful

For me:

If our first is any of Philippou/Clark/Mackenzie (in that order), then happy with any of Ginbey/Allan/Hewett/Buss/Jefferson next. If we really think Hewett will slide to 20, or we can trade back in, I’d go with Buss/Jefferson.

If our first is Ginbey/Allan, Hewett has to be next, no questions (assuming no mid sliders from above).

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us walk away with Sydney’s pick 14 or 17 looking at who else would possibly be making a play for it. Talk of Sydney wanting to trade into next year’s draft with the picks we’ve got we’d have to be front runners if we wanted one of them.

I just don’t see anyone trading a future 1st for one of Sydney’s picks and we’ve got an early 2nd this year plus Ports 2nd next year to offer up. Alternatively, our 26 this year plus our 2nd next year.

Had a look at the Sydney board and they are chasing future 1sts for 14 and 17

Not sure second rounders will cut it even if next year is a stronger draft.

Had a nightmare last night...... I dreamt the flowing:

Its Christmas morning and I have been dreaming all month of a brand new shiny bike, I asked father Christmas for it , even text messaged him to reinforce the wish ..... couldn't sleep last night imagining my new bike.... wonder what colour it is ... red/blue/black/silver ?????????

I bound into the lounge room and my heart sank as I look at my chair will all my pressies on it ...... and I see ..... an olive green scooter.

Tears start to run down my cheeks and I try to hide my disappointment once again.

To make things worse, I then look out the window and I see the kent next door riding about on his brand new shiny purple mountain bike.

I woke up and have been glum all morning ........... surly that wasn't a bad omen.

Have been singing the Kevin Bloody Wilson song ever since I woke up: Santa Claus you F*** C***... feel free to join in if you know the words.
Hey Santa Clause ya kent, where me F***n bike?
I've unwrapped all this other junk and there's nothing here I like.
This Jefferson Jones and Lemmy set you can shove right up your arse,
Ya worn out geriatric kent ya forgot me feckin bike!

Apparently the Blues are on Hollands or Allan with their first (providing a Clark etc doesn't slip). So if Blues did take Allan before our pick, I still see Dogs taking Buzz based on him being top 5-6 talent wise and feeling their need to a tee, Hollands and Hewett are at our pick. I know most of you want Hewitt, but this is a very tough choice as Hollands is a top 10 IMO.

Had a look at the Sydney board and they are chasing future 1sts for 14 and 17

Not sure second rounders will cut it even if next year is a stronger draft.
Sydney aren’t getting a F1 with 17 and 14 is only going to get one that’s tied to a genuine contender in the expectation it’ll be at the very end of the 1st round

To get something better they’d need to combine them

Wonder what their asking price is. Like you say, I don’t see any way they’re getting future firsts so we’d have to be in the conversation.

Our 26 becomes redundant if we have 8,12,14 and 20 so effectively it’s just a F2 for 14 on our end and 2 seconds for 14 on their end. Win win trade

Gets us the two WA blokes with massive ceilings instead of a more speculative pick at 26 and we offload Ports F2 that could potentially lose value next season

It’s looking like if we want Hewitt we are either going to have to pull the trigger at 12 before St Kilda try and grab an extra pick to grab him before our third pick or trade our future second to either Sydney or GWS to grab on if there second rounders. We have a better hand than St Kilda so should be able to trump any deal that they offer those clubs.

Jeez I applaud your optimism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back