List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:

TerryFilk
There was an interview with GWS list manager where he says that clubs are aware that some Melbourne boys have made it clear they don’t want to go interstate. That was post them trading up to pick one from pick 3.
General consensus was Wardlaw Sheezle and Tsatas was who he was talking about.

Last edited:
Apart from Jackson at Fremantle, I can’t think of another young ruck drafted from 2019 or later, that has played.

And there have been some pretty hyped young rucks who were drafted in mid season drafts, who haven’t even got a look in yet.

We have two on our list who were drafted in that period, Henry Smith (2020 draft) and Kalin Lane (2021 mid season draft), and neither look like being close to AFL ready yet. But no one our board is concerned with their development so far.

We even went and traded in a mature ruck for depth at the end of 2021.

The fact that Jammo (btw he’s related to a Lions poster on our board) is playing at AFL level, is squarely on your list manager ****ing up and not getting in a mature back up to NicNat.

Apart from Jackson at Fremantle, I can’t think of another young ruck drafted from 2019 or later, that has played.

And there have been some pretty hyped young rucks who were drafted in mid season drafts, who haven’t even got a look in yet.

We have two on our list who were drafted in that period, Henry Smith (2020 draft) and Kalin Lane (2021 mid season draft), and neither look like being close to AFL ready yet. But no one our board is concerned with their development so far.

The fact that Jammo (btw he’s related to a Lions poster on our board) is playing at AFL level, is squarely on your list manager ****ing up and not getting in a mature back up to NicNat.
We've had a few mature agers but they didn't work out.

Went for that bloke from Freo last year but he opted for Hawthorn.

Also tried to move a few from other clubs but it didn't work out.

Hickey leaving for Sydney left a hole.

They've definitely tried, just haven't been successful in landing/keeping a mature-ager.

Jamieson was undrafted so compare the 2018 draft.
B. Williams is going along okay for us.
Ryan is kicking bags for Richmonds VFL and goes pretty well in the ruck also.
Bryan (2019) has played and even won Essendons VFL B&F.
Moyle (2020) dominated last year after being a late pickup.

Sorry its been a while.

Who do we want to fail this season to help improve our draft hand? And who are the likely sellers of their R1 picks?

I don't have any confidence we doing anything this year, easily a bottom 4 team. We need quality and challenging which players should around for the next 3 years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry its been a while.

Who do we want to fail this season to help improve our draft hand? Its been a while. And who are the likely sellers of their R1 picks?

I don't have any confidence we doing anything this year, easily a bottom 4 team. We need quality and challenging which players should around for the next 3 years.
Port as we hold their second and third picks

Sheezel was class today and I liked that Clarko pushed him up the ground. He's so composed with ball in hand.
But I'd still rather Ginbey and Hewitt, Ginbey was pretty damn good himself today.
Hewitt I think will take a year or two to build up his fitness snd then will be a gun.

Hey Google, show me Harley Reid highlights

Kristen Wiig Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sorry its been a while.

Who do we want to fail this season to help improve our draft hand? And who are the likely sellers of their R1 picks?

What do you mean do we want to fail? Regardless of what we want the year is going to be a failure whether we want to or not.

Eh I'll go against the grain a bit, wasn't as impressed with sheeze as a lot on here. A lot of his disposals and metres gained were kick ins and most of his possessions were uncontested. He can read the ball well and will be a massive collector but wasn't as impressed by his contested game especially his disposal efficiency when under pressure. Sure he's a first year and has a lot of development to go, but he's nowhere near as ready made as a Sam Walsh type. Also he played defence against the leagues lowest pressure forward line so yeah.

Eh I'll go against the grain a bit, wasn't as impressed with sheeze as a lot on here. A lot of his disposals and metres gained were kick ins and most of his possessions were uncontested. He can read the ball well and will be a massive collector but wasn't as impressed by his contested game especially his disposal efficiency when under pressure. Sure he's a first year and has a lot of development to go, but he's nowhere near as ready made as a Sam Walsh type. Also he played defence against the leagues lowest pressure forward line so yeah.

I mean yeah, but he’s also not a half back, so for him to slot back in there and be incredibly impactful from the opening bounce is very impressive.

I know it’s going to take time, but it kind of hurt to see how invisible Chesser was all game

Only 5 touches and I genuinely forgot he was playing at times
That's his game. Im not sure why everyone just thinks he's a gun. Is an upgrade on Petruccelle who can play wing.

He's the real deal. Id prefer a more outside role actually as a young un. Look at Rowell & Rachele, good players but not mature enough yet to shake off seasoned players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back