List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Sad to see Redden go. Selfless decision by a real pro. Unlike others didn't milk the club for money or let his fitness standards drop, stayed hungry till the end. Deserved to go on but did what was best for the club. His selflessness will open up plenty of game time for develpping mids and assist greatly in our rebuild. Now just need to stop trading in 27+ age players who will contribute nothing to premiership number 5 and allow our heart and soul players who contributed to premiership number 4 to go with some dignity.

The only thing hunt didn't cost us is a draft pick.

He's certainly costing us more coin, probably cap and list flexibility in 3 years time and a youngster more game time.

Any rumours on how much he gets over 3 years?
With all our retirements and delistings over the next 3 years fitting his mediocre coin in shouldnt be much of an issue you'd think

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So 4 players out of contract
Main list - Witherden and Winder
Rookie - West and Trew

None merit being in the main list

I fail to see a world that we say “damn, we should have retained West”. Clark, XON, Culley, Chesser and Hough should all be playing before him in 2023.

Winder - we should know by now whether he is up to being a professional athlete. Farewell unless there is something others know that make him a rookie reclassification

Trew - I’d offer him a train on spot only

Witherden - has talent and not sure why it isn’t happening. I won’t worry much if he goes

Can anyone say that one of the above 4 are better than Hunt? I can’t

Hunt with pace and desire to take on the game at speed is something we lack. I think Hunt might also okay as a hff - Cripps is the only forward who has shown much in 2 way running recently
Wasnt impressed with Clark at all this year. I'd have west in over clark

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pick 13, future 1st, Logue, Tucker and Acres all out for Jackson.

That's a huge price to pay

I don’t think it will cost them quite all of that but it’s a big cost and not far off what we gave for Kelly
What makes you think Port will be open to dealing out their first rounder and split it? Because they need multiple extra draft selections to trade for all the players they are chasing?

It was more just an example of how Fremantle might be able to get what Melbourne are after - no knowledge of whether Port would entertain that

I’d take Narkle over Foley or Witherden any day more importantly

Any day, is a stretch.

None of them are AFL standard. Everyone, including myself, is just favouring the idea of Narkle because he's not currently on our list and the most shiny new version that costs nothing.

I'd cut the others and give Narkle 1 season to show something, but I'd be expecting very little and be prepared to cut him loose (like Naish) afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zane Trew buying a new Seadoo based on his Insta story.

Spending his AFL money on a toy whilst looking for a new job or get the good news that he’s getting another contract?

Purchase of that nature might suggest the latter?

Spending his AFL money on a toy whilst looking for a new job or get the good news that he’s getting another contract?

Surely he's being delisted.

Maybe he got it cheap 2nd hand from Daniel Chick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back