List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Ugh, just realised I’ll miss the first round because I’m taking the dog out for his birthday dinner.

What has my life become?
What if I told you the dog has no idea what day it is and you could just go the next day and he would be equally as happy

Everyone had covid at some point last year, hardly an excuse
Actually, it's entirely a valid excuse for an elite athlete. Were we fit last year....no, why....BC covid smashed us in the weeks before round one and the first 6 weeks of the season. The GPS and heart rate data from another club, that I won't name, shows that for every covid infection (even a mild one) there is a 20% drop in aerobic capacity for up to 6 weeks post infection. When did we start to look like we gained fitness (arguably not at all) but the last 6 weeks of the season. This is what all respiratory viruses do to our heart/lung function. If any of them were asthmatic, then likely worse still. Lots melts over our strength and conditioning department, but little acknowledgement of the elephant in the room.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone had covid at some point last year, hardly an excuse

I had it and took 6 weeks before I could go on a easy bike ride, it floored me.

My 18 yr old son plays footy, fit as, not a shread of fat on him. Got covid a week before the 1st game and two months later is only just starting to reach the fitness levels he was at pre covid, his lungs took that long to fully recover.

Affects people differently.

Actually, it's entirely a valid excuse for an elite athlete. Were we fit last year....no, why....BC covid smashed us in the weeks before round one and the first 6 weeks of the season. The GPS and heart rate data from another club, that I won't name, shows that for every covid infection (even a mild one) there is a 20% drop in aerobic capacity for up to 6 weeks post infection. When did we start to look like we gained fitness (arguably not at all) but the last 6 weeks of the season. This is what all respiratory viruses do to our heart/lung function. If any of them were asthmatic, then likely worse still. Lots melts over our strength and conditioning department, but little acknowledgement of the elephant in the room.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thank you

And I recall Hewett had asthma complications that didnt help.

Last edited:
What if I told you the dog has no idea what day it is and you could just go the next day and he would be equally as happy
Pfft. Next you’ll be telling me posting on BigFooty does nothing to actually help the Eagles on-field.

Hewett had covid and took a while to fully get 100% fit. Maybe never did get fully fit.

After 2 or 3 preseasons he likely ends up a De Goey size mid / Fwd
Had Covid during the Academy v Pies VFL game, then immediately got the flu afterwards, needed an asthma puffer for a few months after it all

Not sure who Melbourne are targeting with that move.

Would anyone do pick 8 for 13 and Freo’s future first? Take Hewett and Allan at 12 and 13, and get to death ride Freo next year.

Had Covid during the Academy v Pies VFL game, then immediately got the flu afterwards, needed an asthma puffer for a few months after it all
Do you know what happened to Szybkowski? He missed the prelim for Dandy, then came back for the grand final and Vic Metro game but he didn't look quite right.

Ginbey & Hewett double could really strengthen our contested work in a few years time.

Ed Allen is an exciting prospect but there is half a chance he doesn't develop into someone playing between the arches at all.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Would anyone do pick 8 for 13 and Freo’s future first? Take Hewett and Allan at 12 and 13, and get to death ride Freo next year.
I would in a second. Still good picks this year in a fairly even 5-20, next year, our hand would insane in what looks to be a very strong draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginbey & Hewett double could really strengthen our contested work in a few years time.

Ed Allen is an exciting prospect but there is half a chance he doesn't develop into someone playing between the arches at all.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I'm leaning this way too if we miss out on the Poo. (or trade out as per MS)

Genius by WCE if true! Talk of trading up a few slots in order to get a potential gun local midfield talent Rueben Ginbey. A young bloke who played league footy for East Perth and blitzed the combine with his speed and endurance. Essendon in the mix at pick four.

After reading this thread closely I've come to the conclusion that I don't want anyone at any of our picks.
Id go futher.

Id disband the competition and start a new one that’s a truly national comp without the victorian bias.

Was reading an article with gill today telling tasmanians that its the lack of a stadium holding them back from having a tasmanian team. This coming years fixture ought to be interesting. Clearly there cant be any hawf/norf games in tasmania this year or indeed retrospectively - all those games must be expunged from the record as there was no stadium for them to be played at.

A slide back of 5 for a F1!

Tempting. Especially if it was a purple F1. That could be anything from 10 to mid teens. A Demon F1 feels more like mid to high teens and less enticing.

Problem is that we lose access to Ginbey, MacKenzie, Clark et al and I’m already feeling the attachment.

There again, 2 x F1, 2 x F2, 2 x F3 and a F4 is powerful. Would have the ability to buy the Sun’s R1 meaning 3 first rounders.

So not wanting splinters in my ar$e from fence sitting, yes I’d do the deal provided it was the purple F1.

Genius by WCE if true! Talk of trading up a few slots in order to get a potential gun local midfield talent Rueben Ginbey. A young bloke who played league footy for East Perth and blitzed the combine with his speed and endurance. Essendon in the mix at pick four.

Dear lord, I hope we don't... Let the draft come to us, there will be great talent at our first pick. If Ginbey is gone - Mackenzie etc will be there which is a great get at pick 8/9!!!

I'm leaning this way too if we miss out on the Poo. (or trade out as per MS)
Yep, Ginbey and Hewitt is probably the best outcome we can hope for. As I think with Humphreys firming for GC, we'll be all over Ginbey with our first - almost guaranteed.

So it's more about who do we take at pick 12 - Hewitt seems to be our bigfooty boards favourite and for good reason. He's got parts to his game that fit exactly what we need.

I'd love Allan, but I'd rather bank a runs on the board midfielder at 12 especially taking Ginbey at 8.

Yep, Ginbey and Hewitt is probably the best outcome we can hope for. As I think with Humphreys firming for GC, we'll be all over Ginbey with our first - almost guaranteed.

So it's more about who do we take at pick 12 - Hewitt seems to be our bigfooty boards favourite and for good reason. He's got parts to his game that fit exactly what we need.

I'd love Allan, but I'd rather bank a runs on the board midfielder at 12 especially taking Ginbey at 8.
I Wouldn't be mad if we took Hewitt and Allan with 8 and 12.

I’m sure you would have been hugely positive if the club had held onto pick 2 and used it on Ginbey.

A slide back of 5 for a F1!

Tempting. Especially if it was a purple F1. That could be anything from 10 to mid teens. A Demon F1 feels more like mid to high teens and less enticing.

Problem is that we lose access to Ginbey, MacKenzie, Clark et al and I’m already feeling the attachment.

There again, 2 x F1, 2 x F2, 2 x F3 and a F4 is powerful. Would have the ability to buy the Sun’s R1 meaning 3 first rounders.

So not wanting splinters in my ar$e from fence sitting, yes I’d do the deal provided it was the purple F1.

As much as I want the instant gratification of the pick this year, I think we have to do that deal given how even this draft is around 8 - 13 and how strong next years draft is.

Last edited:
“My mail is there is a whisper around that even West Coast are exploring an option of pushing a little bit higher up the draft in the hope of nabbing him before someone else."

Wat?

We're going to "push up" the order to get Ginbey after we've already traded down? Howbout EAD Ablett. If Ginbey is gone by our first pick then there's plenty of other options, big whoop.

No player is worth trading up for after we've already said you can throw a blanket over the 5-15 collection and that's why we traded down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back