List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
I just don't think we take Clark if available. Pretty sure our recruiters will see him as an undersized inside mid, no matter the talent, that's something they don't seem to like.
There was some talk we were interested at 2. Surely we’d be keen at 9

Some good midfielders his height and smaller
Butters, Laird, Touk, Neale, Serong, Taylor Adams, Merrett, Warner

I just don't think we take Clark if available. Pretty sure our recruiters will see him as an undersized inside mid, no matter the talent, that's something they don't seem to like.
We apparently reinterviewed him and Cadman just before the last champs game. There was a murmur that he was a consideration when we had pick 2.
I think if Ginbey isn't there and he is, he'd be a lock.

Hypothetical

Phillipou, Ginbey, Humphrey and Clark are gone in that order

Bulldogs are keen on Tsatas and offer us 11 and 21 for 8 and 26

Assuming we have no interest in Mackenzie for whatever reason, do we make that trade knowing that we’d then be able to take two of Allan, Hewett, Busslinger or Hollands (depending on who Carlton take)

We then have 21 instead of 26

Do we do that trade?

Why would we move from 8 to 11 for a 5 spot upgrade in the 2nd round lmao

How have you gathered that? Reports said we were keen on Clark when we had pick 2, if he’s there at pick 8, I’d imagine we’d be strongly considering him

Fair point. Clark's only knock is his size.

But gee, at least he's a genuine top end pure midfielder, unlike Gumby who's just started playing midfield last week and Rohan will probably peg him to play lockdown defender on Charlie Cameron.

Inb4 someone points out Ginbey was AA mid. I get that, but he averaged like 21 disposals and his his team (WA) was awful.

Ginbey selection can be offset with Hewett at 13 at least.

THANK YOU!

People implying Ginbey is some amazing midfield talent when his production was very meh is hilarious, especially when you factor in how physically advanced he is to most of the guys he was playing against. I really do not want Ginbey at 8, I hope Gold Coast take him

There was some talk we were interested at 2. Surely we’d be keen at 9

Some good midfielders his height and smaller
Butters, Laird, Touk, Neale, Serong, Taylor Adams, Merrett, Warner
I'm not disagreeing at all. In fact, if you look through the history of my posts (who CFB I know), I'm an advocate for real footballers over height any day BUT I know our club is not so much so. I remember asking Bond a few years ago and he confirmed as much as they like the ability to be versatile that comes with height.

I'd still be a bit surprised but perhaps the pendulum has swung back after Brander.

Why would we move from 8 to 11 for a 5 spot upgrade in the 2nd round lmao
Because in that limited hypothetical we are taking the same player at 11, we were probably taking at 8 so we get a 5 spot upgrade whilst still drafting the player we intended to

It presupposes that we have no interest in Tsatas and Mackenzie which may not be the case or something you agree with

As another poster pointed out we could ask for something more

I
We apparently reinterviewed him and Cadman just before the last champs game. There was a murmur that he was a consideration when we had pick 2.
I think if Ginbey isn't there and he is, he'd be a lock.

Personally, I'd be very happy about that mate.

We all know his strengths but are his skills a little underrated? All the vids I can find, his kicking/weighting/field vision ect actually looks to be pretty good.

I

Personally, I'd be very happy about that mate.

We all know his strengths but are his skills a little underrated? All the vids I can find, his kicking/weighting/field vision ect actually looks to be pretty good.
Overall, yes very good and can make things happen with good use. Can occasionally fluff a kick though, buy his determination means he'll butter up for it soon after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginbey’s output was higher than Hewett. Clearly the best mids this year are Victorian. There were melts when we picked A Vic with pick 1 last year, going to be interesting. 2 mids and key position player with our top 3 is my tip

We didn't melt because Chesser is a Victorian, we melted because he's a HBF who hasn't played since the U10s.

And then he injured himself again and missed all of this year too.

Will Ashcroft​

State: Victoria Metro
State League Club: Sandringham Dragons
Community Club: Old Brighton Grammarians
Date of Birth: 06/05/04; Height: 181cm; Weight: 78kg

Jhye Clark​

State: Victoria Country
State League Club: Geelong Falcons
Community Club: Queenscliff
Date of Birth: 23/07/04; Height: 181cm; Weight: 76kg

George Wardlaw​

State League Club: Oakleigh Chargers
Community Club: St Peter’s
Date of Birth 18/07/04; Height: 182cm; Weight: 80kg

Fair point. Clark's only knock is his size.

But gee, at least he's a genuine top end pure midfielder, unlike Gumby who's just started playing midfield last week and Rohan will probably peg him to play lockdown defender on Charlie Cameron.

Inb4 someone points out Ginbey was AA mid. I get that, but he averaged like 21 disposals and his his team (WA) was awful.

Ginbey selection can be offset with Hewett at 13 at least.
Cameron's probably retired before you need to worry about such a match up in finals.

Will Ashcroft​

State League Club: Sandringham Dragons
Community Club: Old Brighton Grammarians
Date of Birth: 06/05/04; Height: 181cm; Weight: 78kg

Jhye Clark​

State: Victoria Country
State League Club: Geelong Falcons
Community Club: Queenscliff
Date of Birth: 23/07/04; Height: 181cm; Weight: 76kg

George Wardlaw​

State League Club: Oakleigh Chargers
Community Club: St Peter’s
Date of Birth 18/07/04; Height: 182cm; Weight: 80kg
What is your point. Have we drafted any of those players yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back