Resource Contracts [Updated 05/10/2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Now sign up McDonald, Turner, Clarke and Ahern our most important young players out of contract
LMac yes
Turner yes
Ahern has this year to get his body right. Another serious injury that keeps him out the whole season may spell the end of his career. Finger crossed he is good though and is able to play a good chunk of footy.
Clarke. Not sure where he fits in for us. Will need to take his game to another level imo. Can’t see him spending too much time in the middle.

That's a long deal for Taz considering his injury history but I'm happy about it. Couldn't ask for a better pair of blokes to be around the football club for their leadership and off-field standards.

Great to see both re-sign.

Really happy for Taz after a difficult first 6-7 years with injury, the confidence shown by the club to sign him to a lengthy contract will hopefully lift him and his game to a higher level. Gotta love the guy, his North through and through.

Last edited:
Both were already signed to 2019 I believe, so only a one year extension for each. Looks like more changes to contracts to bring forward $ and increase salary cap space in the future.

I likey.

Edit: Guess I should have read the article first - extra year for Higgins, extra two for Taz.

Last edited:
Wonderful news. You'd think we are hoping to have a serious crack at the flag again in 2020 - Tarrant and Higgins are two vital pieces of that puzzle...

That's a long deal for Taz considering his injury history but I'm happy about it. Couldn't ask for a better pair of blokes to be around the football club for their leadership and off-field standards.
''Touch Wood'' I'd like to think he's on top of his injury problems, given he's played 66 of a possible 72 games over the past 3 years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez we have a lot of blokes out of contract at present, will be interesting to see where we go from here with the lead up to the supposed super draft. We are already 90% sure we are giving to have to make room for our 1st round pick, TT, Crocker and Scott (most likely)

2018:

Wright - extend
Atley - Sign Him ASAP.
Anderson - 1-2 year deal
McDonald - Hasn't open discussions yet, was backing himself to have a big impact this year - extend
Garner - Extended to 2020
Turner - extend
Vickers-Willis - extend ASAP
Zurhaar - extend
Watson - ????
J Williams - ????
Clarke - extend
Hibberd - ????
Junker - ????
Ahern - extend
Hrovat - wait to the end of the year imo
Nielson - see above
Thompson - see above (looking like another 1 year deal -well deserve may I add)
Jacobs - extend ASAP
Waite - wait till the end of the year
Mountford - ????
Morgan - ?????
Hartung - extend

Whether its tactical from the players or from the clubs perspective I dont mind leaving a couple of players contracts up in the air. The reality is if we want to be a player come draft / trade time then a massive war-chest probably wont get the deal done on its own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back