Waite- retire
Gibson-retire
Thompson- retire but could maybe see him getting 1 final year
Taylor-delist
Mullett-2 year deal
Jacobs-1 year deal
Mountford- 2 year deal
Wagner- 1 year deal
Fordham- I think will be gone but I rate him and would give him a game in the afl then decide

Then there's LT who's contracted but would surely be traded and Goldy also

Last edited:
Hansen- Depends on trades
Waite- Depends on trades
Gibson-Depends on trades
Thompson- Depends on trades
Taylor- VFL
Mullett- 2 year deal
Jacobs- Depends on medical report
Neilson- 2 year deal
Mountford- 2 year deal
Wagner- 1 year deal
Fordham- VFL

All 4 of those older guys should retire/traded

Thompson the only one that would be ok to keep 1 more year

Yes Thomo 1 more year. Might need to find 4 to delist next year with maybe Blakey, T Thomas, Scott, Crocker being drafted. ATM it would be Thomo. L Thomas, Anderson in 2018 delistings.

Yes Thomo 1 more year. Might need to find 4 to delist next year with maybe Blakey, T Thomas, Scott, Crocker being drafted. ATM it would be Thomo. L Thomas, Anderson in 2018 delistings.

I still want to trust Jed one more year. dark horses are always somewhere we don't expect.

Zurhaar, superstar, nearly 190cm, explosion in close space, our very own Dustin Martin type player. So if we can't get pick 1 and get raynard I'm starting think perhaps we should go after Kmart after all but focus on hopper and balic with our 2017 second rd and 2018 first round....

Reworking Snake_Baker list:

Hansen- Has to be gone. Clearly blackballed.
Waite- Has to retire. Availability issues just not worth it now notwithstanding his incredible peak.
Gibson- 1 year
Thompson- 1 year
Taylor- Not sure, delist or 1 year
Mullett- 2 year deal
Jacobs- Depends on medical report (yep)
Neilson- 2 year deal
Mountford- 3 year deal
Wagner- 1 year deal
Fordham- Hard to know having never friggin seen him play a senior game at any level....

Reworking Snake_Baker list:

Hansen- Has to be gone. Clearly blackballed.
Waite- Has to retire. Availability issues just not worth it now notwithstanding his incredible peak.
Gibson- 1 year
Thompson- 1 year
Taylor- Not sure, delist or 1 year
Mullett- 2 year deal
Jacobs- Depends on medical report (yep)
Neilson- 2 year deal
Mountford- 3 year deal
Wagner- 1 year deal
Fordham- Hard to know having never friggin seen him play a senior game at any level....
Hansen - gone FA
Waite - fate will be decided with trade period, gone if we get Kelly and or Martin. We get them and he stays until he can't produce his topline footy any more.
Gibson - retire
Thompson - 1 year
Taylor - delist
Mullett - trade
Jacobs - 1 year
Neilson - 2 years
Mountford - 2 years
Wagner - 1 year
Fordham - delist

Last edited:
Hansen - gone FA
Waite - fate will be decided with trade period, gone if we get Kelly and or Martin. We get them and he stays until he can't produce his topline footy any more.
Gibson - retire
Thompson - 1 year
Taylor - delist
Mullett - trade
Jacobs - 1 year
Neilson - 2 years
Mountford - 2 years
Wagner - 1 year
Fordham - delist

Hansen - Retire / Deslist
Waite - Retire
Gibson - 1 year
Thompson - 1 year
Taylor - delist
Mullett - 1 year
Jacobs - 1 year / pending trade week
Neilson - 2 years
Mountford - 2 years
Wagner - unsure
Fordham - delist

Nielson has re-signed for one more year.
although that is great, i wonder why only one year? maybe to lock him in, till the trade period is over?

although that is great, i wonder why only one year? maybe to lock him in, till the trade period is over?
I was expecting two, but given the rumours that he had a line through him only a few months ago, he's probably hoping to increase his value next season ahead of another contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep Jacobs Thompson and Mountford on 1 year Contacts . Delist the other 5.
Leaves us with 4 picks in the draft.

I was expecting two, but given the rumours that he had a line through him only a few months ago, he's probably hoping to increase his value next season ahead of another contract.
Might have trigger clauses. IIRC Ben Jacobs' last contract was originally announced as one year but he triggered 2 years' worth of extensions in that season.

Wagner and Taylor are gone
Mountford & Watson told they have to wait
Why on earth would we be telling Mountford he has to wait. He's been one of the brightest prospects to come out of 2017.
The only reason I can think of is we're waiting to see what happens with other player movement, i.e. prospective Kelly deal, and that we'd need to package him up to get a deal done with GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back