North Melbourne
1696471720458.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My point is Lmac and Garner are our 2 most important out of contract, would rather lock them in sooner rather than later
McDonald will get done with little fuss. Wait a bit longer on Garner to see if he can stay on the park before you'd work out how long his deal would be. At this stage you wouldn't want to give him longer than a two year deal.

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
First time I’ve read this table, so apologies if I got this wrong. It looks like we’ll be saying thanks for the memories to:
Waite
Anderson
Thompson
Hartung (I thought minimum contract from the draft was 2 years?)
Wright
Jacobs
(Really hope I’m wrong on these last two)

Also, wouldn’t surprise me at all if another club offered Atley a big pile of cash during the year.

...which gives us the list space for first pick, TT and an entire commune of father/ sons.

First time I’ve read this table, so apologies if I got this wrong. It looks like we’ll be saying thanks for the memories to:
Waite
Anderson
Thompson
Hartung (I thought minimum contract from the draft was 2 years?)
Wright
Jacobs
(Really hope I’m wrong on these last two)

Also, wouldn’t surprise me at all if another club offered Atley a big pile of cash during the year.

...which gives us the list space for first pick, TT and an entire commune of father/ sons.
You can give a one-year contract to someone who has previously been on a list. I’m not sure if his contract length is officially confirmed yet though.

Neilsen, Garner, Ahern, Atley, McDonald, Turner, EVW and Clarke all need to be extended.

Probably 2 retire.

14 other blokes (includes the 2 new rookies) are fighting for 7-8 spots.

Let the games begin.
Despite being contracted, Durdin, Dumont and Daw would want to be showing some serious improvement.

This is why i liked what we did with LT and swallow. It sent a message to contracted players that you're not guaranteed a spot.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Despite being contracted, Durdin, Dumont and Daw would want to be showing some serious improvement.

This is why i liked what we did with LT and swallow. It sent a message to contracted players that you're not guaranteed a spot.

Yep.

My gut feel is that Durdin will make it, Dumont is odds against and I feel for quite a few others when I see Daw has a contract.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Just a thought, can we re-rookie Zurhaar/Junker next season without having to draft them?

If not, get ready to say goodbye if our father sons all nominate us. Even if two choose us, added to TT and a first pick we're not going to have any late picks to upgrade either of them once points are taken out.

Just a thought, can we re-rookie Zurhaar/Junker next season without having to draft them?

If not, get ready to say goodbye if our father sons all nominate us. Even if two choose us, added to TT and a first pick we're not going to have any late picks to upgrade either of them once points are taken out.
Players can remain as rookies for 3 seasons without having to be re-drafted/upgraded.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Players can remain as rookies for 3 seasons without having to be re-drafted/upgraded.

So we can just give them another year and draft them in 2019 if good enough?

The draft hits a point where points aren't allocated to draft picks.

I doubt it'll be an issue.

No points for the pick used on Hartung.

So we can just give them another year and draft them in 2019 if good enough?
We could theoretically extend their rookie contracts to the end of 2019, yeah. After that we’d have to delist and re-draft them if we didn’t want to take up spots on the senior list.

We are likely going to need list space in order to get the picks to allow the points balance to take the kids we want.

I expect an interesting trade period next year.

Back