Resource Contracts [Updated 05/10/2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm assuming the waiting for Waite, Mountford could well be about terms (dollars and length) not "if".

Don't think Wagner has any improvement in him honestly, probably the right decision moving him on now rather than him clogging the list for the next 2-3 years

Have you heard anything about Mountford?

Any idea if he will stay or go?
The fact he hasn't signed even after Dusty fell through and there's no way we bring in players with the same cap hit makes a few here nervous.

Others think there are probably offers in front of him with different versions according to what we eventually need to do to hit the salary floor but they can't sign an actual contract until other things fall into place.

Still others point out that the B&F is this Friday and we sometimes announce re-signings there.

The fact that there are no recent, well-sourced rumours of him wanting out point to probably staying. I'd guess staying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thompson - 1 more year
Mullett - Only leaves for a pick between 30-40
Jacobs - I'm a massive fan so 1 year to see if he over the injuries
Mountford - If he wants 350k x 3, give it to him (cheap)
Wagner - 1 more year
Waite - Thank you but I think this is the end
Gibson - 1 more year as a depth player, not best 22 and plays week in week out

Thompson - 1 more year
Mullett - Only leaves for a pick between 30-40
Jacobs - I'm a massive fan so 1 year to see if he over the injuries
Mountford - If he wants 350k x 3, give it to him (cheap)
Wagner - 1 more year
Waite - Thank you but I think this is the end
Gibson - 1 more year as a depth player, not best 22 and plays week in week out
Agree with all but the Wagner and Waite calls. Waite for a year, even for half the games, is worth more than Wagner playing 22 I reckon. To what end? Leadership, culture and showing the kids what top level performance is about. Depth as a minimum. I could be cynical and say 'Keeping Daw out of the side.' but I won't.

Wagner, for me, is in the same boat as Mullett. 'Okay', but I doubt he'll ever be good enough to be a true contender.

Agree with all but the Wagner and Waite calls. Waite for a year, even for half the games, is worth more than Wagner playing 22 I reckon. To what end? Leadership, culture and showing the kids what top level performance is about. Depth as a minimum. I could be cynical and say 'Keeping Daw out of the side.' but I won't.

Wagner, for me, is in the same boat as Mullett. 'Okay', but I doubt he'll ever be good enough to be a true contender.
I would have kept Waite if he wasn't consitently injured and unable to string together more than 8 games in a row. There is a spot on the list for Wags in 2018 but if he doesn't repay the faith so to speak he won't be at the club in 2019

Best and Fairest done. Our two big targets missed out. Still we haven't signed Mountford.

What is happening here people?

We're in the trade market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back