Daniel Nielson - 3 years
Declan Mountford - 2 years
Jarrad Waite - keep if Kelly and Dusty are coming
Loogie - leave as FA
Matthew Taylor - delist
Sam Gibson - delist
Scott Thompson - same boat as Waite
Will Fordham - delist

This will be a tough year to make decisions on delistings. We have drafted and blooded so many yoing players in the last three years. Also we've lost so much experience with the retirements of club legends last year that I wouldn't know where to start with moving anybody on to be honest. Other than a couple of obvious candidates like Hansen and perhaps Swallow. Not sure I want to let go of both Hansen and Scooter at the same time.

Obviously so much hinges on whether we get Kelly and/or Martin. We miss out and we probably only take 3-4 high end picks. In reality I've got no idea. One thing that does strike me is that I feel we may have made a big mistake with the length of Ziebell's contract.

where is Ahern?

I thought it would be good if we had a thread to keep track of the players' contracts.

Ziebell

Cunnington
Wood
Simpkin

Tarrant
Goldstein
MacMillan
McKay
Daw
Durdin
Dumont
Williams
Larkey
Higgins

Swallow
Wright
Atley
Anderson
Brown
McDonald
Garner
Thomas
Turner
Vickers-Willis
Clarke
Preuss
Hibberd
Junker

Thompson
Hansen
Mullett
Jacobs
Nielson
Mountford
Wagner
Waite
Gibson
Fordham (Rookie)

I'm updating the OP with each announcement.

I thought it would be good if we had a thread to keep track of the players' contracts.

Ziebell

Cunnington
Wood
Simpkin

Tarrant
Goldstein
MacMillan
McKay
Daw
Durdin
Dumont
Williams
Larkey
Higgins

Swallow
Wright
Atley
Anderson
Brown
McDonald
Garner
Thomas
Turner
Vickers-Willis
Clarke
Preuss
Hibberd
Junker
Ahern

Thompson
Hansen
Mullett
Jacobs
Nielson
Mountford
Wagner
Waite
Gibson
Fordham (Rookie)

Should be in the 2018 list.

Updated with Ahern's details.

Have added a graph to the OP.

2qa68ub.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one should be accurate.

Couldn't find any information on Hrovat.

Surely Scott Thompson is unrestricted? He's 31 and a one club player.

Far out next season we have Brown Garner and McDonald to sign aka the future of our club.

Surely Scott Thompson is unrestricted? He's 31 and a one club player.

Scott has played 9 seasons for the club and wasn't drafted until he was 21. He is an RFA.

I would be flummoxed if he didn't get another contract. Has easily been in our top 10 this season.

Far out next season we have Brown Garner and McDonald to sign aka the future of our club.

So what? We have plenty of others who are in the retirement window, with Browns contract the major factor. If we only land one big fish in the trade period, these contracts could all be extended this season. Luke would put on a North jumper for NOTHING!

There's no issues here.

This will make it hard for older guys to stay too long
SEVERAL clubs have been upset by an AFL decision to include the $400,000 veterans allowance within their 2017 total player payments (TPP).

Geelong and Sydney are among the clubs mystified by the call to include the allowance inside next year's $12.45 million salary cap.

With approximately $400,000 allocated to each club as part of the transition process to abolish the veterans allowance, the impact of the decision falls heaviest on clubs that previously had veterans.

Under previous TPP rules, clubs were able to pay $118,000 outside of the salary cap to an unlimited number of eligible players as an incentive to keep older players on their list.

Clubs needed to draw on their own funds to pay that extra figure.

But in 2014 the AFL put in plans to abolish the veterans allowance as part of its equalisation policies.

To help with the transition, the AFL awarded each club an extra $400,000 in their TPP to pay eligible veterans who had signed prior to the rule being scrapped.

Scott has played 9 seasons for the club and wasn't drafted until he was 21. He is an RFA.

I would be flummoxed if he didn't get another contract. Has easily been in our top 10 this season.

I didn't know that. I presume he also is in top 10 of our paid players ?

So what? We have plenty of others who are in the retirement window, with Browns contract the major factor. If we only land one big fish in the trade period, these contracts could all be extended this season. Luke would put on a North jumper for NOTHING!

There's no issues here.

Well there shouldn't but let's be honest, this time next year if one of those three haven't signed we will all be losing our minds

Quoted to keep the info handy for current talk.

Ziebell (announcement)

Cunnington (announcement)
Wood (announcement)
Simpkin (announcement)

Tarrant (announcement)
Goldstein (announcement)
MacMillan (announcement)
McKay (announcement)
Daw (announcement)
Durdin (announcement)
Dumont (announcement)
M Williams (announcement)
Larkey (announcement)
Higgins (announcement)

Swallow (announcement)
Wright (announcement)
Atley (announcement)
Anderson (announcement)
Brown (announcement)
McDonald (announcement)
Garner (announcement)
Thomas (announcement)
Turner (announcement)
Vickers-Willis (announcement)
Zurhaar (announcement)
Watson (original draftee contract)
J Williams (original draftee contract)
Clarke (announcement)
Preuss (announcement)
Hibberd (announcement)
Junker (R) (announcement)
Ahern (announcement)
Hrovat (two-year deal signed upon trade from WBD)

Thompson (announcement)
Hansen (announcement)
Mullett (announcement)
Jacobs (announcement)
Nielson (announcement)
Mountford (original draftee contract)
Wagner (original draftee contract)
Waite (announcement)
Gibson (announcement)
Fordham (R) (announcement)
Taylor (R) (original draftee contract)

Now in graph form!

Screen_Shot_2017_07_29_at_1_52_23_pm.png

I've gone back and found the announcements for all players' new contracts.

OP updated again.

Great job FG

not sure that is the criteria for contract extensions right now, but time will tell

From our perspective, trading a loyal and distinguished club servant with potentially 3 years left in him so we could get a 2nd round pick in a s**t draft makes no sense to me at all. Scotty would have to be lured away for a 2+ year contract from another club, that North wouldn't be prepared to meet..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back