List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2020 Edition - Part 2 (The Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs85

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So I have seen that a few Eagles fans keeping a eye on Riley Garcia when he gets fit he will be in our side. The club highly rate Garcia we traded up on draft night with hawthorn so we can draft him even though he did his ACL that year. Someone asked Jackson Trengove a question on his Facebook page about the young draftees and he mentioned Garcia said he is going to be a star

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Bit of an early call but young Luke Edwards from reports likes to crack into packs with head over the ball, 186cm I recall.

But apart from that we have tall and small with our medium forwards like Ryan who is super skilled and Cripps who is a running player not a contested in and under forward. O'Neil? More mid than forward?
I hope so. We really need some natural mids to come through.

EaglesVille

All Australian
Oct 3, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a mate who used to call a certain player Nearly back in the 90s.
I can't even remember who the player was , anyway
Ah Chee is the new nearly!
Nearly takes mark of the year
Nearly kicked goal of the year
Nearly did something spectacular

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
He'll nearly get a game this year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

El_ahrairah

Family, Fitness, Froths.
Oct 12, 2010
Silver Rd Nanobrewery
AFL Club
West Coast
That's what the people around me at Subi used to call Karl Langdon.

daddy_4_eyes

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
So I have seen that a few Eagles fans keeping a eye on Riley Garcia when he gets fit he will be in our side. The club highly rate Garcia we traded up on draft night with hawthorn so we can draft him even though he did his ACL that year. Someone asked Jackson Trengove a question on his Facebook page about the young draftees and he mentioned Garcia said he is going to be a star
Snagging him is no doubt wishful thinking on the part of a lot of guys on here, but for good reason.
Bulldogs midfield is stacked, while the eagles is ageing. If he gets to the end of the year and is still sitting in the VFL, he would be silly not to consider his options.

Young unproven players demanding to be traded has become a yearly sight since the expansion clubs came in.

Bulldogs85

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Snagging him is no doubt wishful thinking on the part of a lot of guys on here, but for good reason.
Bulldogs midfield is stacked, while the eagles is ageing. If he gets to the end of the year and is still sitting in the VFL, he would be silly not to consider his options.

Young unproven players demanding to be traded has become a yearly sight since the expansion clubs came in.
I have no doubt that when he is fit he will be best 22 going forward with us but if not and he wants to go back home then I wish him well he has a lot of talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

If a young player with injury issues is offered an extentionin most cases they will take the security imo.

To big a risk of holding out all year to maybe get traded in. Gets another injury and the career could be over before it begins.

Same with fit players......more so if struggling.

Dylan82

Premium Platinum
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Bit of an early call but young Luke Edwards from reports likes to crack into packs with head over the ball, 186cm I recall.

But apart from that we have tall and small with our medium forwards like Ryan who is super skilled and Cripps who is a running player not a contested in and under forward. O'Neil? More mid than forward?
This is where the club have sorely missed Rioli and Venables - both have great hands and impact upon contested ground-level situations up forward.

Langdon seems to have been recruited for this purpose, so we'll see how he fits in. If Winder has an impressive preseason, he could come become an option here as well.

Eastcoasteagle

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Seen a few reports from team members at North mentioning they were very impressed with Eddie Ford, that he's looked really impressive at training.

MrWoollie

All Australian
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Seen a few reports from team members at North mentioning they were very impressed with Eddie Ford, that he's looked really impressive at training.
There was always going to be a few absolute guns picked up in this draft in the 40's and later. This guy could well be one of them.

I'm think our entire crop are possibles at this point. Every one of them wouldn't have surprised too many if they were called out in the 30's to 40's.

Eastcoasteagle

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
There was always going to be a few absolute guns picked up in this draft in the 40's and later. This guy could well be one of them.

I'm think our entire crop are possibles at this point. Every one of them wouldn't have surprised too many if they were called out in the 30's to 40's.
I felt Eddie had done enough to show he had real talent and he looks like he's really impressing senior team mates. Something made him slide though.

I think we did really well, I think all 3 could have futures in the best 22.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
I felt Eddie had done enough to show he had real talent and he looks like he's really impressing senior team mates. Something made him slide though.

I think we did really well, I think all 3 could have futures in the best 22.
Ford or edwards?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad