Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

The West jump the gun?

Trav22

All Australian
Oct 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Sucky news about Venners, I was hoping in a few years he would develop into a Robbie Grey type dynamic forward.

the team is definitely missing Daniel and Willie

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Claiming Daniel wasn’t performing to the standard of a high draft pick is an insulting comment. What exactly is the standard of a high draft pick exaclty?

When we drafted Daniel he was coming off an injury riddled season yet we took the chance to draft him due to potential upside.

He then got the illustrious position of the HFF within a team vying for finals and an eventual premiership. His role was to accompany, not to shine and to develop into a larger role as his career progressed.

You assume incorrectly that every “high” draft pick is to perform instantly or at the least to a higher level than Daniel did/was.

Josh Kennedy did very little at Carlton and his first few seasons with us but flourished into the best forward West Coast has ever had.

Brad Shepperd “underperformed” early in his career and has also developed into one of the most reliable defenders we have seen.

Duggan didn’t develop the way we hoped early on in the midfield but given time and games became a very good back man and now appears ready to go back to the middle.

All were “high” picks and going by your comments on poor Daniel, also wouldn’t have been “performing to the standards of a high draft pick” either.

Look at them all now.

For every Chris Judd there are multiple Kennedys, Shepperds and Duggans. Players take time to develops regardless of where they are picked.

Daniel showed more than enough and was progressing well in a very strong squad, losing him is a big loss due to his age profile and the potential of what he may have been given the time to flourish as all those above were given.

So when you ask me why I think you are a troll I say either you are poorly informed at best or at worst looking to solicit a response with berating a kid who may have potentially have had his career cut short with long loading health ramifications.

He deserved better than that if you ask me.
Bottom line is I have a different opinion of DV to you, and your long winded bumptious post has not changed it.

If that upsets you and others so be it.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Bottom line is I have a different opinion of DV to you, and your long winded bumptious post has not changed it.

If that upsets you and others so be it.

Bottom line is you are showing no respect to players who don't provide instant gratification to your hopes.

Even after being provided multiple examples of how most champions take years to find their feet at the top level.

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Bottom line is you are showing no respect to players who don't provide instant gratification to your hopes.

Even after being provided multiple examples of how most champions take years to find their feet at the top level.
We've clearly reached an impasse. Time to move on.

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Highlights are often misleading.

I think he's a handy player and we miss what he brings.

I don't understand how it is controversial to say he's been a little disappointing for a guy taken at 13.
I actually agree, I hate player highlights as they only show the good stuff. I prefer when they show all the times they had a disposal, tackled etc so you get a better feel for their overall performance, strengths and weaknesses. Better yet, watching a full game to understand their influence on a game.

I feel Venners was building though, he'd have one good game and then a quiet game. It was all about building consistency, once he had that he'd become a very good player as confidence would flourish and he'd become a threat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Get a load of the picks Doggies will use for pick 1:

29, 33, 41, 42, 52, 54 and 90.
Swapping junk for gold.

Our first pick moves up 6 places based off that alone! haha.

We'll probably end up effectively having a first pick in the 30's by the time teams start passing or trading all their picks in for points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back