List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Need a full size KPF for when Kennedy and Darling are both gone. Oscar is good but he’s not quite the ideal size for that number one role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polson is a decent size too. ( Peel ) 196 cm and 92 kg.

Will be interesting to see where Bazzo is played as he can play both ends - 195cm and 81 kg

Keep an eye out for the development of KPF Claremont Colt Luke Brown 199cm and 76kg..... skinny as but is a real talent.

“Putting together long term offers”.

This in itself tells you it’s the agent. I mean honesty, it takes time to put together an offer? And it could be backended or frontended, so technically not 850k per EVERY year.

No doubt eagles will find a way. At worst, this will trigger eagles corporates to answer the call and give Allen free gifts if he stays.

So looking at a despondent Giants, which WA boys do we target from an imploding club?
Bobby Hill
Sam Taylor - great lockdown KPD
Tanner Bruhn

Sydney may well be Suns mark 2. Is it wrong to feast on the weak or is it time to hunt?

So looking at a despondent Giants, which WA boys do we target from an imploding club?
Bobby Hill
Sam Taylor - great lockdown KPD
Tanner Bruhn

Sydney may well be Suns mark 2. Is it wrong to feast on the weak or is it time to hunt?

Bruhn......make it happen.

Still feel Cogs will play for us one day. Mental health something....salary cap.....something!

Last edited:
Is it me or is JK in prime form? Like you look at Buddy and he's the same age as JK. Buddy looks like he's going to fall off the edge of a Clift soon then you look at JK and he's in prime form. That's amazing.
Buddy has played a lot more games and played CHF which meant he covered a lot of KM. I remember hearing back in 2012/2013 that Kennedy had some sort of degenerative knee condition which made us play him at FF so he covered less km and would play longer. If true, was a great decision.

Is it me or is JK in prime form? Like you look at Buddy and he's the same age as JK. Buddy looks like he's going to fall off the edge of a Clift soon then you look at JK and he's in prime form. That's amazing.
Give it half a season and then have a look. Oldies often look great when they are fresh at the start of the year.

List management 25 years and under .

KPPs/UTILITIES
Barrass, Allen, Brander, rotham, waterman HEdwards

RUCKS
Williams, Jamerson

BACKS
Duggan , Nelson, cole , witherden , foley , Johnson

FORWARDS
Rioli, Ryan, langdon, Cameron, Jones, petrecelle, venables

MIDFIELD
Sheed , O'Neill, Ainsworth, Winder , trew, LEdwards

Like the old saying goes get your spine set and build a midfield around it .

With our talls well set and our forward and backs also set midfield is the priority.

Love to chase Warner , sharpe , Robertson with our 2nd rounders and using our first on best mid available.

Last edited:
List management 25 years and under .

KPPs/UTILITIES
Barrass, Allen, Brander, rotham, waterman HEdwards

RUCKS
Williams, Jamerson

BACKS
Duggan , Nelson, cole , witherden , foley , Johnson

FORWARDS
Rioli, Ryan, langdon, Cameron, Jones, petrecelle, venables

MIDFIELD
Sheed , O'Neill, Ainsworth, Winder , trew, LEdwards

Like the old saying goes get your spine set and build a midfield around it .

With our talls well set and our forward and backs also set midfield is the priority.

Love to chase Warner , sharpe , Robertson with our 2nd rounders and using our first on best mid available.
I have broken my list in 3 - under 22 still developing, 23-27 in their prime and over 27 being in their later phase

Based on that, our Over 27 is cracking hot. We have 8 who have made it to AA and our captain who is a Norm Smith but bot AA. A great spread of KPP and elite mids
1617604098361.png

It is our 23 to 27 group that worry me. We are light on in talls with only Barrass filling a KPP or ruck and then littered with flankers
1617604265840.png

Our under 22 is pretty well balances with talls and smalls but short on mids. If Winder and Edwards can join XON and Trew as mids, then last year may have saved us.
1617604364575.png

I am also less worried about our KPP players in the 23-27 bracket as with Allen, Williams, Brander and Edwards, they look like they will be AFL quality. Jamieson is still too raw to tell.

I believe you can make up for the lack of mids in the 23-27 bracket by targeting players coming off their rookie contracts. These would be the draft year of 2019 which included the likes of Robertson, Sharp, Rivers, Warner, Ruscoe and Garcia. the players are possibly not happy being depth in an interstate club but if they are playing regularly at the AFL level, it will be harder to prise them away. From this list then I would target Robertsen, Sharp, Ruscoe and Garcia as they are not yet cementing a place in the clubs best 22. Garcia especially must be wondering IF he will ever get a chance. Would a second rounder get Robertsen or Sharp? I doubt it given it will likely be a pick in the 30's. Maybe something less with Ruscoe or Garcia purely on the grounds that they have been limited or not playing at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have broken my list in 3 - under 22 still developing, 23-27 in their prime and over 27 being in their later phase

Based on that, our Over 27 is cracking hot. We have 8 who have made it to AA and our captain who is a Norm Smith but bot AA. A great spread of KPP and elite mids
View attachment 1094483

It is our 23 to 27 group that worry me. We are light on in talls with only Barrass filling a KPP or ruck and then littered with flankers
View attachment 1094487

Our under 22 is pretty well balances with talls and smalls but short on mids. If Winder and Edwards can join XON and Trew as mids, then last year may have saved us.
View attachment 1094491

I am also less worried about our KPP players in the 23-27 bracket as with Allen, Williams, Brander and Edwards, they look like they will be AFL quality. Jamieson is still too raw to tell.

I believe you can make up for the lack of mids in the 23-27 bracket by targeting players coming off their rookie contracts. These would be the draft year of 2019 which included the likes of Robertson, Sharp, Rivers, Warner, Ruscoe and Garcia. the players are possibly not happy being depth in an interstate club but if they are playing regularly at the AFL level, it will be harder to prise them away. From this list then I would target Robertsen, Sharp, Ruscoe and Garcia as they are not yet cementing a place in the clubs best 22. Garcia especially must be wondering IF he will ever get a chance. Would a second rounder get Robertsen or Sharp? I doubt it given it will likely be a pick in the 30's. Maybe something less with Ruscoe or Garcia purely on the grounds that they have been limited or not playing at all.
Love your list breakdown

Didn't Garcia have complications after his knee reco ? Also a very tough midfield to break into . OOC and definitely a target

Out of those you have listed rivers would be my first choice but has re-signed and so has Robertson who I'm less bullish on due to his one pace and mediocre kicking

Warner looks tough as nails and some break away speed too. Think he is OOC but for how long ? Sydney are a well run club and don't lose players they want very often.

Sharpe was rumoured to have asked for a trade to Perth at the end of last season . Let's hope he doesn't re-sign and we are in his ear . Perfect from a list management POV . We need actual wingers and not mids who are forced onto the wing . Running patterns are very different.

Ruscoe looks out of sorts in his few afl games but he has really been left in no man's land in the way of position. If the rumours of Collingwood having another mini fire sale at the end of the season are true he could be gettable. Doubt he would make our 22 anytime soon . Well behind waterman and brander as utility forward unless you wanted to transition him to a BBM like we did with yeo .

Love your list breakdown

Didn't Garcia have complications after his knee reco ? Also a very tough midfield to break into . OOC and definitely a target

Out of those you have listed rivers would be my first choice but has re-signed and so has Robertson who I'm less bullish on due to his one pace and mediocre kicking

Warner looks tough as nails and some break away speed too. Think he is OOC but for how long ? Sydney are a well run club and don't lose players they want very often.

Sharpe was rumoured to have asked for a trade to Perth at the end of last season . Let's hope he doesn't re-sign and we are in his ear . Perfect from a list management POV . We need actual wingers and not mids who are forced onto the wing . Running patterns are very different.

Ruscoe looks out of sorts in his few afl games but he has really been left in no man's land in the way of position. If the rumours of Collingwood having another mini fire sale at the end of the season are true he could be gettable. Doubt he would make our 22 anytime soon . Well behind waterman and brander as utility forward unless you wanted to transition him to a BBM like we did with yeo .
I saw Ruscoe play as a mid and as a 3rd tall forward for East Freo colts and he did not look out of sorts in the midfield. You are right - a Cripps type inside bull. Can the Pies possibly keep ll their under 22 happy? I doubt it as the Brown/Daicos academy F/S will be full to overflowing meaning

I'd be very happy to get Sharp. He is probably gettable given the depth at the Suns.

In terms of Warner, keep our draft capital and use it on his younger brother as I suspect Sydney will be asking for too high a price.

Garcia is interesting. I was keen on him in the U18 carnival and his ACL meant he slipped. Heard from a Black Duck supporter that he is a really good guy and will stay strong through rehab and relocation. That said, given he is not going to get a game for another 2 years, I suspect a third rounder may be all it takes.

Blue Chipper?
blue-chips-basketball-movie-leadjpg.jpg

Having a contested possession percentage of less than 30% through underage football.

Players like Billy Hartung, Jimmy Toumpas, James Aish, Patrick Naish and Billy Stretch have very similar statistical profiles to Sharp.

Sharp has a lower CP% than all of them.

Love your list breakdown

Warner at Swans. Just look at the young guns they have coming through who deserve a decent pay rise.

Wicks, Cambell, Gulden, Stephens, McDonald, Mills, Blakey, Florent.....thats a decent list of guys playing well above their current pay scale.

Having a contested possession percentage of less than 30% through underage football.

Players like Billy Hartung, Jimmy Toumpas, James Aish, Patrick Naish and Billy Stretch have very similar statistical profiles to Sharp.

Sharp has a lower CP% than all of them.

Sharp's place in the draft order was one of the most disputed among clubs.

Some clubs loved his run and carry and athletic abilities so much they rated him as a first rounder. Other clubs highlighted that his inability to win his own ball, and at times suspect kicking, and would not have drafted him at all.

He is developing pretty well, but hasn't yet re-signed beyond the end of this year, and has a battle on his hands to break into their midfield with Ellis and Lukosius now having pushed up on to the wings, and the highly touted Elijah Holland being drafted to the club in 2020.

WEST Coast premiership hero Dom Sheed looks set to turn his back on free agency with a new long-term deal.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/578375
Has been our most consistent and damaging mid for a while but doesn't get the credit.

Should have won the Norm Smith was definitely in line for AA last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back