List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

So the only player from 2019 draft without a contract in 2022 is Jeremy Sharp.

He's played 2 games at the end of last year, is in a team with a few options for wingmen. He could be a cheap pick up. To think they gave up pick 11 for him :sick:

Bit of chatter that Coniglio might finally be heading back to WA.
Unlikely to retain captaincy beyond this season, which might be the catalyst for him to move back to WA. If 2021 is a bust for GWS, it might motivate them to move on some of their older players to fast track their early draft picks which they've continued to accumulate throughout their existence.

We interested?
I suspect not, unless Shueys hammies are cooked.
He's in the 2nd year of a 7 year contract, so we'd have to trade for him. But it might also mean he's an absolute bargain if GWS want to offload his long contract.

Bit of chatter that Coniglio might finally be heading back to WA.
Unlikely to retain captaincy beyond this season, which might be the catalyst for him to move back to WA. If 2021 is a bust for GWS, it might motivate them to move on some of their older players to fast track their early draft picks which they've continued to accumulate throughout their existence.

We interested?
I suspect not, unless Shueys hammies are cooked.
He's in the 2nd year of a 7 year contract, so we'd have to trade for him. But it might also mean he's an absolute bargain if GWS want to offload his long contract.

His contract has 5 years left after 2021 at 1 million per year.

It would have to be a Treloar/Hogan like situation where the club is desperate to offload the player and contributes to salary and only gets minimal picks in return.

He's 28 at the end of this year, had a PCL injury at the end of 2019, played terribly in 2020 and is now about to have surgery on his syndesmosis injury.

By time trade period comes, it would be over 2 years since he was one of the games premier mid fielders.

He really should have come home at the end of 2019...

It would have to be a Treloar/Hogan like situation where the club is desperate to offload the player and contributes to salary and only gets minimal picks in return.

He's 28 at the end of this year, had a PCL injury at the end of 2019, played terribly in 2020 and is now about to have surgery on his syndesmosis injury.

By time trade period comes, it would be over 2 years since he was one of the games premier mid fielders.

So you're saying Freo are certainties to sign him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way he moves is if GWS let him go for peanuts AND he agrees to a massive pay cut.

Cogs is 28? Wow. Multiple injuries and 30 in two years time. And getting paid $1m a year.

Let this be a lesson to all club's. You take a massive risk with silly long term deals on big money. How do you think the other payers feel.

I have broken my list in 3 - under 22 still developing, 23-27 in their prime and over 27 being in their later phase

Hey Asterix, love your work!

Any chance you can post a screenshot of your updated list for 2021 - the one which lists everyone in the team by their ages. The one you shared in 2019 was really good - looking at the team in terms of talls, forwards, backs and midfielders... etc.

Cheers!

Hey Asterix, love your work!

Any chance you can post a screenshot of your updated list for 2021 - the one which lists everyone in the team by their ages. The one you shared in 2019 was really good - looking at the team in terms of talls, forwards, backs and midfielders... etc.

Cheers!

Easy Guest1 - is this what you wanted?

Note that I still have Brander as a KPD and Duggan as a Utility. I will probably review the Mid classification later in the year so not getting het up on whether Edwards and Trew are as I state them, best guess until a decent body of evidence.
1617771156594.png

I am a visual learner so for me, this picture tells me a lot more than squad listings.

We are very light on with 24 and 27 year olds.

There are no midfielders playing or close to playing aged in the 4 year gap of 22, 23, 24, 25

Interesting - there is only 1 player we drafted under 29 that is a starting midfielder. (Sheed - we traded for the Yeo and Kelly)
Only 3 midfielders still on our list that we drafted are considered best 22. Agree Duggan is starting to look like a mid, I will need another 4 games to be fully there.

Last edited:
Easy Guest1 - is this what you wanted?

Note that I still have Brander as a KPD and Duggan as a Utility. I will probably review the Mid classification later in the year so not getting het up on whether Edwards and Trew are as I state them, best guess until a decent body of evidence.
View attachment 1096170
This is exactly what I was thinking of. Such a good way to look at our list. Many thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back