Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I don't think any of the WA boys are coming home unfortunately (Coniglio, Cripps, English, etc)

Unlike their Melbourne brethren they are not sooks, and homesickness is rarely, if ever, a problem
Apart from Chris Judd who had his head turned by Rebecca and then by Smorgan, we have been very good at keeping Vic talent in the last 15 years. Likewise for Freo.

4 Clubs have suffered from the go home factor of late - Adelaide, Suns, Giants and Lions (going back to when Yeo and his mates left).

Earning over $300k a year and Melbourne is a great place to live. Agree with you that WA boys tend to see the adventure. I did and was very happy.

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
I don't think any of the WA boys are coming home unfortunately (Coniglio, Cripps, English, etc)

Unlike their Melbourne brethren they are not sooks, and homesickness is rarely, if ever, a problem

Alternatively, they get a taste for life in Sydney & Melb and realise just what a small country town Perth really is.
🎣

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Alternatively, they get a taste for life in Sydney & Melb and realise just what a small country town Perth really is.
🎣
Depends where you live in Melbourne. Compared to Frankston, Mandurah stats to look the high life!!!

It might have changed in the last 8 years but there were some pretty bog average locations in Melbourne for a 20 year old to want to live.

Inner city and bayside can be fun. I was about to list some shitholes in Melbourne (including most of Geelong) but thought I would run the risk of upsetting some fellow posters so am refraining.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Depends where you live in Melbourne. Compared to Frankston, Mandurah stats to look the high life!!!

It might have changed in the last 8 years but there were some pretty bog average locations in Melbourne for a 20 year old to want to live.

Inner city and bayside can be fun. I was about to list some shitholes in Melbourne (including most of Geelong) but thought I would run the risk of upsetting some fellow posters so am refraining.
If you are a young guy getting paid $300-600k and sharing a house with a couple of similarly paid mates, training somewhere like Punt Rd or Moorabbin and playing at Docklands or the 'G', I'm picking you will not be living in some outer commuter 'burb where the nightlife consists of watching re-runs of Hey Hey It's Saturday on YouTube.

dinnaz

Club Legend
Dec 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I recall being at Subi and watching Cogs in the GF as a 16 year old - he took some good Claremont players apart during the game. It was that day when I understood all the Cogs hype.
I've never seen someone dominate as much as Krakouer did that year & was like who is this kid kicking all the goals

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I've never seen someone dominate as much as Krakouer did that year & was like who is this kid kicking all the goals
Showing my age but I went to watch Jimmy Krakouer's first game at Bassendean Oval and the idea of a Krakouer not playing for Claremont really pissed me off. That final mark of Andrew's was the match winner.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Apart from Chris Judd who had his head turned by Rebecca and then by Smorgan, we have been very good at keeping Vic talent in the last 15 years. Likewise for Freo.

4 Clubs have suffered from the go home factor of late - Adelaide, Suns, Giants and Lions (going back to when Yeo and his mates left).

Earning over $300k a year and Melbourne is a great place to live. Agree with you that WA boys tend to see the adventure. I did and was very happy.
Pratt was the box man. Smorgan involved with the Bullfrogs?

donpyke92

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Showing my age but I went to watch Jimmy Krakouer's first game at Bassendean Oval and the idea of a Krakouer not playing for Claremont really pissed me off. That final mark of Andrew's was the match winner.

Love this post ATG.
Get the hurt watching Andrew in the GF...but what an epic game of football! (Bit easier for me being a Swanny's supporter, but great game nonetheless).
Seeing Jimmy Krakouer's first game...love that....hopefully you caught the train home from Success Hill station, just to round off your Basso experience!:):D
Did you get to play with Jimmy later?

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Love this post ATG.
Get the hurt watching Andrew in the GF...but what an epic game of football! (Bit easier for me being a Swanny's supporter, but great game nonetheless).
Seeing Jimmy Krakouer's first game...love that....hopefully you caught the train home from Success Hill station, just to round off your Basso experience!:):D
Did you get to play with Jimmy later?
I was young - my dad took me🤓

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking forward to us picking up Ethan Reagan next year, and Berry as well from West Perth if they both continue to develop.
Reagan has started the season well.
I was more thinking thinking Reagan and Humphries. Berry only had single digit touches on the weekend didnt he?
Are we still allowed to put NGA's on the car b list if no other club picks them?

Just have to hope Humphries and Regan don't get bid on before pick 21, as this year we can't match.

At this point in time I cant see Humphries going before late round 3 and I have a mid to late second round grade on Regan.

But its VERY early days.

At this point in time I cant see Humphries going before late round 3 and I have a mid to late second round grade on Regan.

But its VERY early days.

So hold off on buying a tent just yet then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back