List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

LOL as if they get rid of Cogs for a second rounder plus paying off 200k.

Just look what Collingwood just had to do. They royally stuffed up their cap management and dumped three players for massive unders AND are still paying Treloars wage for three years.

So it has happened. GWS are in the same position as the Pies were and something has to give.

If Kelly triggers his 8 year extension they will have two players on $1m per year for the next 6 years min.

THAT is bat sh!t crazy and would p!ss off every other player, especially when neither Kelly or Cogs is playing even close to that level and Cogs injuries have been mounting up, he has missed huge chunks of the last two seasons.

It simply isn't sustainable and if GWS is to build a premiership side they need to cut one of those two loose OR they take a big pay cut.

Yes, a few planets need to align but four of them already are. The cap has been slashed already, Kelly and Cogs both have massive pre covid contracts, Cogs as captain looks like a bust, Toby looks much better and Cogs injury history isn't good.

Watch this space at GWS.

Prediction (dream actually)

1. Kelly takes that huge contract extension.
  2. Giants promote Toby Green as stand alone captain.
  3. Cognilio steps down and the club works out it simply cannot afford both contracts.
  4. GWS and Cogs agree to part ways, traded to Eagles for a 2nd rounder. GWS pay $200k a year for 2 years, Eagles sign him on $600k p.a. for four years. (First 2 seasons he's on $800k.
  5. GWS free up cap space to move forward > Cogs just focuses on playing footy for his beloved Eagles, wins flag, enjoys his HJ franchise trailing commissions post retirement.
Didn't Cogs sign a 7 year contract starting in 2020 at over a mil a year? This would mean we would be signing him for 5 years at $800k for 2 years (with GWS paying the other $200K) and then another 3 years at a mil. Either that or Cogs would need to give up a guaranteed $1.8mil extra to come to us under your proposal.

Didn't Cogs sign a 7 year contract starting in 2020 at over a mil a year? This would mean we would be signing him for 5 years at $800k for 2 years (with GWS paying the other $200K) and then another 3 years at a mil. Either that or Cogs would need to give up a guaranteed $1.8mil extra to come to us under your proposal.

You got it. The only way it happens is Cogs takes a hair cut.

I am also assuming this happens in 2023 not next year. So that then would leave 5 years remaining on his current $1m contract pa.

Instead he gets 2 x $850k and 3 x $650. 2 x $200k paid by GWS in 2023 and 24. So $1m less than his current contract over the same period.

Oh, but you forgot about the Hungry Jacks franchise post retirement.;):cool:

You got it. The only way it happens is Cogs takes a hair cut.

I am also assuming this happens in 2023 not next year. So that then would leave 5 years remaining on his current $1m contract pa.

Instead he gets 2 x $850k and 3 x $650. 2 x $200k paid by GWS in 2023 and 24. So $1m less than his current contract over the same period.

Oh, but you forgot about the Hungry Jacks franchise post retirement.;):cool:
As long as he can add Nonna's Bolognese to the HJ's menu

Just look what Collingwood just had to do. They royally stuffed up their cap management and dumped three players for massive unders AND are still paying Treloars wage for three years.

So it has happened. GWS are in the same position as the Pies were and something has to give.

If Kelly triggers his 8 year extension they will have two players on $1m per year for the next 6 years min.

THAT is bat sh!t crazy and would p!ss off every other player, especially when neither Kelly or Cogs is playing even close to that level and Cogs injuries have been mounting up, he has missed huge chunks of the last two seasons.

It simply isn't sustainable and if GWS is to build a premiership side they need to cut one of those two loose OR they take a big pay cut.

Yes, a few planets need to align but four of them already are. The cap has been slashed already, Kelly and Cogs both have massive pre covid contracts, Cogs as captain looks like a bust, Toby looks much better and Cogs injury history isn't good.
Why would you even consider coniglio even at 800k/per year after you just wrote this?

"Cogs injuries have been mounting up, he has missed huge chunks of the last two seasons."

Eagles don't pay him $800k.
He is on 1million a year until 2026 .

You had gws paying 200k for the first 2 years ?

Leaving us 4.6mil over 5 years ?

Seems like a bad investment even without his injuries. 900k a year for a bloke past his prime

Don't get me wrong I like coniglio as a player but his contract has priced us out of the market even with gws taking a slice .

Better to lock in allen long term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is on 1million a year until 2026 .

You had gws paying 200k for the first 2 years ?

Leaving us 4.6mil over 5 years ?

Seems like a bad investment even without his injuries. 900k a year for a bloke past his prime

Don't get me wrong I like coniglio as a player but his contract has priced us out of the market even with gws taking a slice .

Better to lock in allen long term

No. Read again.

I had Cogs on $800k for the first 2 years with GWS paying $200k.....Eagles pay $600k.

Then years 3 4 and 5 he's on $600k-$650k all paid by us.

As I keep saying for it to happen Cogs would need to take a cut from $1m pa.

If he demands $1m then no deal. He stays at GWS simple as that. The Eagles don't make the mistake GWS has. Cogs gets to move home, play for the team he loved growing up in front of a full stadium. Wins premiership. Enjoys footy with no captaincy pressures.

No. Read again.

I had Cogs on $800k for the first 2 years with GWS paying $200k.....Eagles pay $600k.

Then years 3 4 and 5 he's on $600k-$650k all paid by us.

As I keep saying for it to happen Cogs would need to take a cut from $1m pa.

If he demands $1m then no deal. He stays at GWS simple as that. The Eagles don't make the mistake GWS has. Cogs gets to move home, play for the team he loved growing up in front of a full stadium. Wins premiership. Enjoys footy with no captaincy pressures.
Why would cogs take a massive pay cut ?

I’m really intrigued to see how Riley Collier-Dawkins goes tonight. Would’ve, and probably should’ve been playing straight out of his draft year with any other team. Maybe he could be a player of interest come trade time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back