Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Highly rated pre draft midfielder who's shown promise at AFL level and is from WA. Would be an excellent trade target for us and would offer a point of difference in the backline or on the wing with his ability to break lines. At 20 years he's in that age bracket that makes it almost hard to lose a trade with.
Good trade for us but no to other posters' suggestions of trading Brander for him.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
would still be keen for a Clarke vs Brander swap come end of year.
seems like a win/ win for both clubs and quiet even in terms of age/ draft position/ output IMO
I seriously hope that you are are either joking or trolling here.
A 195cm+ 1st round pick that was always going to take a bit of time (and hasn't been helped by being shuffled everywhere) and has been showing remarkable improvement in 2021 vs. a fringe speedster who has hardly set the world on fire.
I'd take Clarke for a late second rounder, but for Brander... Not a chance in hell.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Floating a slight left field name for either this yeat or the 2022 trade period.

Ben Long - Saints

Been in and out of the team. Can play anywhere outside and has a bit of hardness to his game that costs him at times.

Long on the same side wing or halfback as Rioli plays forward plus Ryan would be epic imo. Darwin football royalty plus Flying Ryan.

Saints must be under cap pressure and a solid player like Long wouldnt demand big $$$. He would add some decent depth accross three lines and likely cost a 3rd or similar fringe player.
I don’t think he’s particularly well regarded by Saints fans. Does some good things but has some massive brain farts and seems a pretty selfish player

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t think he’s particularly well regarded by Saints fans. Does some good things but has some massive brain farts and seems a pretty selfish player

Well that sounds like 2/3s osf their team tbh.

Still youngish at 23.

Well based on Saints fans feedback a 3rd rounder would get Ben Long Possibly even a 4th.

The Ben and Willie show would be good.

Last edited:
I'm still keen on Clark, but not at the expense of Brander now that he's got a consistent role in the team.

Gee whiz. Goodness gracious me. Oh boy. Big boy. What was going on there in the brain department with that idea.

Clark i think is quality, but all his flair is being coached out of him. He was arguably better in his first year than he has been in his 2nd or 3rd seasons.

Thank dopey campaigner Chris Scott for that. He drops him so often that Clark looks too scared to do anything remotely exciting with the pill in hand, and generally cops it when his team loses.

Really hope his management is approaching us, or vice verser about giving him more senior opportunities back in his home state.

Final year of his contract could go either way. He either gets more opportunities at the Cats in 2022 and 'comes good' so his value increases, or it's basically the same as this year, on the fringes of their best team and his stocks continue to drop :shrug:

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I seriously hope that you are are either joking or trolling here.
A 195cm+ 1st round pick that was always going to take a bit of time (and hasn't been helped by being shuffled everywhere) and has been showing remarkable improvement in 2021 vs. a fringe speedster who has hardly set the world on fire.
I'd take Clarke for a late second rounder, but for Brander... Not a chance in hell.
Perhaps the role variety has helped Branders development.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Highly rated pre draft midfielder who's shown promise at AFL level and is from WA. Would be an excellent trade target for us and would offer a point of difference in the backline or on the wing with his ability to break lines. At 20 years he's in that age bracket that makes it almost hard to lose a trade with.

Hard to justify his pre-draft rating. Was protected at Subiaco and had a distributor role.

I can’t see him playing anywhere but half back at AFL level and his defensive isn’t there. Doesn’t seem a natural forward and has no real midfield traits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Hard to justify his pre-draft rating. Was protected at Subiaco and had a distributor role.

I can’t see him playing anywhere but half back at AFL level and his defensive isn’t there. Doesn’t seem a natural forward and has no real midfield traits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn't he a Guilford Grammar boy (I'm ex Govo and spent my high school years being jealous of a school that actually had some grass) who played for Claremont?

We need inside mids over outside half backs. Despite that I'd take him for a low price. Not that Geelong are a bargain store in that regard.

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
If for some reason Brander decided to leave, then I think getting Clark for him would be an almost best possible outcome.

I wouldnt volunteer Brander up for trade though.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn't he a Guilford Grammar boy (I'm ex Govo and spent my high school years being jealous of a school that actually had some grass) who played for Claremont?

We need inside mids over outside half backs. Despite that I'd take him for a low price. Not that Geelong are a bargain store in that regard.
I'd rather just get Sharpe from Gold Coast. Would be cheaper and similar players

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

What does “highly rated” mean? Which drafted player, especially in first 2-3 alrouhds arent “highly rated”?

Big footy (especially wa teams) only looked at him because he was likely to be the first west Aussie to be drafted and if he is a west Australian, he must be the best and automatic superstar!!!

And we were happy that he went before Freo.

So that’s the criteria that lead to him being “highly rated”. A lot of people in the know made comments about his attitude but that’s sometimes only because players are expected to be perfect human beings and dedicate their lives to pleasing anyone that comes along.

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Clark needs to be more consistent in games. He does an eye catching play, then you don't see him for a qtr.

Could probably be a better two way player too.

He's young though, and thrown around a bit so it's not surprising.

Chad in Vegas

All Australian
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
seems like a win/ win for both clubs and quiet even in terms of age/ draft position/ output IMO
Brander was drafted twice as high as Kelly. If Brander is traded to Geelong I will expect twice the trade that got us Kelly in return. 4 first rounders feels realistic (using Geelong logic).

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
If for some reason Brander decided to leave, then I think getting Clark for him would be an almost best possible outcome.

Supposedly Geelong asked the question during the Kelly trade and he said not interested. Wanted to stay and prove himself.

Don't forget he grew up supporting West Coast, so getting drafted to the club he grew up following may (or may not) have had a significant influence on his decision to stick through the positional changes and plug away in the WAFL.

beatlesmith

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Roberts Rd
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Cavs, West Perth
Jordan clarke dropped again..wonder if theres any truth to the rumour that he's not overly happy at the cattery right now
Is Jordan Clarke worth getting or is he a bit overrated?
Clarke cant get a game.
I'm still keen on Clark, but not at the expense of Brander now that he's got a consistent role in the team.
I must say I enjoyed watching each poster misspell Clark's name one after another
Congrats to Dark Sharks for breaking the streak.

I must say I enjoyed watching each poster misspell Clark's name one after another
Congrats to Dark Sharks for breaking the streak.

The irony of DS getting the spelling of a players name right.......

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast

Maybe last year, but surely Brander's output this year has raised his value. Maybe not round 1, but definitely round 2 value (with scope for improvement).

Clark would be very late 2nd or early 3rd.

So Clark would be a terrible outcome.

Should keep Brander as a priority anyway. Whilst being a utility was a weakness early on, he has definitely turned it into a strength (basically he is suggested as the guy to plug our injury holes every week. Mid, ruck, back, fwd).

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back