List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

What's the problem with Schloithe?
After T Kelly being pickup and showing what the mature age guys have to offer thought Schloithe would get a run, wouldn't mind us giving him a shot.
I feel it'd almost be negligent for us not to pick someone like him up given the injuries to our best 2 mids this year. Could providr crucial depth, much prefer him in the side than ainsworth

I feel it'd almost be negligent for us not to pick someone like him up given the injuries to our best 2 mids this year. Could providr crucial depth, much prefer him in the side than ainsworth
A player like that is also likely to be content sitting in the WAFL when we are fully fit as well.

Id take him purely as a backup for a year we should be contending.

If Yeo, Shuey, Kelly ect get injured at the pointy end of the year i think a player like Schloithe would be a better option filling that role than say a Xon, Trew or Ledwards. Its worth the punt and you only need to see how Pickett went for the Tigers after filling for the GF...

Bugger what?

Cripps likely to re-sign with Carlton = excellent. Though I would have been happy with a Cerra/Cripps swap.
Bont likely to re-sign with Dogs = hardly a surprise
Jeremy Sharp re-signs with GCS. Not a surprise and I get the impression we were in the 'if available, look, otherwise not excited' camp.
Jordan Clark - no new news there.

There is no doubt that cost of living plays a part - and as such players at Geelong are willing to accept slightly less than if they were at another club.

Assuming housing is the main cost in their life (as it is for most people) they can pick something up ~30 mins from work (alphabet stadium), beachfront for under $3m (Torquay, Barwon Heads etc etc) or a couple of streets back for under $1.5m.

Compare that to Sydney, where the same 30mins (albeit probably only 5km or so!) from work, near the beach, would start around $3m and go up.

1621322390237.png

Id take him purely as a backup for a year we should be contending.

If Yeo, Shuey, Kelly ect get injured at the pointy end of the year i think a player like Schloithe would be a better option filling that role than say a Xon, Trew or Ledwards. Its worth the punt and you only need to see how Pickett went for the Tigers after filling for the GF...

We need better quality depth all the time not just at the pointy end of the year.

Could be the difference in winning a close game top 4 v 5th.

In all honesty we really do need someone to lead our WAFL side in some way so I suspect we need to go the route of a true mature ager who can come in, sit in the WAFL team and captain it and sign a contract to stay in it thereafter.

If they get someone from the wafl mid year they stay with their Wafl club until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If they get someone from the wafl mid year they stay with their Wafl club until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That would defeat the purpose of a mid-season draft

Cripps staying at Carlton is good news for us. I think we would have moved things around to get him at the club had he asked to come home and I don’t think that’s the right thing for the long term future having just done a similar thing with Kelly.

Dev Robertson would be an astute pick up for our list position, especially if the outlay was a 2nd rounder only. Even if his ceiling is a B+ - A minus kind of footballer, how many young midfielders do we have tracking that way? O’Neill is certainly headed that way, and we have strong hopes for Trew, but there’s not many 20-23 year old midfielders waiting in the wings.

That becomes important when you consider the current centre clearance differential. Nic in his greatness is probably masking a deep area of concern we need to watch out for as he realistically only has 2-3 years left.

Attachments

• A1DCE9A2-225D-4423-A707-E18995CACC84.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't someone wanting them swapped the other day?
Last year a Geelong supporter valued a 1st rounder and Brander for Clarke.
Ironically since last year it has reversed with Clarke now struggling to find a role and getting dropped a couple of times

Foxfooty.com.au
understands Carlton is on the verge of locking Cripps into a new deal – likely four years - that will keep West Coast at bay, while Bontempelli won’t be leaving Whitten Oval.

Lol.

Any of those games sub games for Clark though?
Yeah but what I mean is if he had one game coming on as sub it would have thrown out those averages

Correct clint. He's been sub twice from memory, but in his full games he's hardly eclipsed Brander either.

Only real gulf apart from his marking power is that it appears Brander, for a big boy can't tackle to save his life

Clark
Screenshot_20210518-194858_Chrome.jpg

Brander
Screenshot_20210518-194731_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back