List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

He's actually one year and a few months younger, was drafted the year after Allen.

He obviously has a very high ceiling, just needs to stick more marks and kick straighter.

His kicking through the ball isn't the same as it was as a junior prior to the knee injury. It worries me that king continues to lean back on the ball when kicking for goal. If he can't fix this he can get 10 marks inside 50 a game and likely kick 3.7

It might need to be an offseason fix but outside of the gym the saints need to focus on getting someone in to help with training and set shot kicking. I still think he has a higher ceiling than his brother he just needs to fix this one issue and in 2-3 years he will be a genuine star.

Onto Oscar I seriously underrated him as a player as a junior. He shot up to become key position height but as an U16 all i saw was a midfielder/flanker who could go in the latter rounds of the draft. He is becoming a star, the timing of his jumping for marks is up there with the best i've seen of any player and his ability to read the play is really undersold. It's what makes him able to work as a utility in any role, he reads the play in defence as well as a seasoned KPD, in the forward line as well as a seasoned KPF and through the midfield/ruck as well as a great mid. We just need his body to hold up and not get too battered and we have our first real next generation A grader.

His kicking through the ball isn't the same as it was as a junior prior to the knee injury. It worries me that king continues to lean back on the ball when kicking for goal. If he can't fix this he can get 10 marks inside 50 a game and likely kick 3.7

Doesn't worry me, he plays for St Kilda. I hope he's St Kilda's Taberner.

Shannon Hurn is 100% nailed on to sign on next year. Plan is to give him minimum wage style contract and a reduction in games played. He will essentially be our Shaun Burgoyne. Wouldnt be surprised if he goes another 3 from here
Nothing against Hurn but I dont want them holding onto him for years like Burgoyne. Its not like we are short of defenders and only playing him for half a season isnt great for consistency

Who sits on the board deciding Venebles ability to play again?

I’ve been looking and can’t find anything.

Best I could find

The 22-year-old is eagerly awaiting an assessment from the AFL’s concussion experts.
“The AFL has a Concussion Panels process to provide a mechanism for a timely and efficient expert multidisciplinary assessment of complex concussion cases,” an AFL spokesperson explained.
“AFL Concussion Panels consist of three to five experts who sit together and assess the case and produce a unified opinion for consideration by the treating doctors.”

Nothing against Hurn but I dont want them holding onto him for years like Burgoyne. Its not like we are short of defenders and only playing him for half a season isnt great for consistency
I appreciate what you say, but I would let Hurn (and Kennedy for that matter) stay on the list for as long as they wanted. It would be on a smallish wage with no guarantees of games, etc but they are legends of the club and of the game with terrific achievements thanks largely to their dedication and hard work. The benefits of having them around the team would be immeasurable.

I appreciate what you say, but I would let Hurn (and Kennedy for that matter) stay on the list for as long as they wanted. It would be on a smallish wage with no guarantees of games, etc but they are legends of the club and of the game with terrific achievements thanks largely to their dedication and hard work. The benefits of having them around the team would be immeasurable.

With the soft cap on football spending likely to receive only a moderate increase, it wouldn’t be the silliest idea in the world to retain one or both of JK and Hurn on the list to act as defacto line coaches

Shannon Hurn is 100% nailed on to sign on next year. Plan is to give him minimum wage style contract and a reduction in games played. He will essentially be our Shaun Burgoyne. Wouldnt be surprised if he goes another 3 from here
If I was Hurn, what would I think?

Earning over quarter million a year to have a kick around with my mates in a job that only requires me to work part time with some travel.

Where do I sign?

As captain and a senior player, I assume he is pretty well set for life financially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would make him 37 when he retires which is coincidentally the age he looked when first recruited.

So Jordan Clark is an omission again this week.

The treatment by the Geelong MC with the frequency of the blows in and out will make him start to believe he is the Corio Dildo at the Pusserie.

Starting to think there will be offers on the table at season end.

1621502229159.png

This would be a great way around the soft cap too . Hurn and Kennedy could stay on base wage as depth and their role is player coach like smitchell was .

They can come in and play if we have injuries

I might be going a bit premature here, but how are our KPF stocks looking. I know Darling has a couple of years left, Allen is a mainstay and Snake can play a sort of hybrid role if needed, but what have we got beyond that? Yes we need midfielders but wouldn't mind pick up a KPF prospect in the draft this year, having him sit and hoping them and Allen can develop in JK and Darling 2.0

I might be going a bit premature here, but how are our KPF stocks looking. I know Darling has a couple of years left, Allen is a mainstay and Snake can play a sort of hybrid role if needed, but what have we got beyond that? Yes we need midfielders but wouldn't mind pick up a KPF prospect in the draft this year, having him sit and hoping them and Allen can develop in JK and Darling 2.0
I wonder if waaaaay in the future that our key forward/ruck structure could be:

x Williams Waterman
x Allen x

Jamieson, x, x

Jamieson develops the tank to play as the solo ruck with Williams playing as the CHF pinch hitting in the ruck when Jamieson needs a spell.

Brander

I wonder if waaaaay in the future that our key forward/ruck structure could be:

x Williams Waterman
x Allen x

Jamieson, x, x

Jamieson develops the tank to play as the solo ruck with Williams playing as the CHF pinch hitting in the ruck when Jamieson needs a spell.
Could work but I haven't seen enough of Jamieson to know how high his potential is. Have learnt to become comfortable with two rucks as well to vacate a second spot for another KPF. I think Waterman would be best as the thirdish tall in a forward line.

I have really been liking Brander as a midfielder as of late. If we teach him to play inside and add a bit of muscle reckon he could become very dominant through there

The end can come very quickly if the injuries continue. Hurn seems like the kind of guy that just loves footy though, so I could well see him sticking around on 1 year contracts for 2-3 year more years.

We recruited Witho to be Hurns replacement, we might need to draft a Witherden replacement for when both retire in the same year at this rate.

If I was Hurn, what would I think?

Earning over quarter million a year to have a kick around with my mates in a job that only requires me to work part time with some travel.

Where do I sign?

As captain and a senior player, I assume he is pretty well set for life financially.

Yes but you have to work hard, which most people struggle with.

Right now no point in picking up a highly rated KPF such as JK, JD, OAllen or even Brander. And all of those were highly rated, they weren't speculative 'hope they come good' types.
Any KPF we pick up now would only get a shot with a multi injury toll. I just could not see a sought after, rated 1st round or early second round due perceived attitude KPF be willing to sit on our list for 3-4 years, playing WAFL, hoping for an injury chance and be happy.

Waste of a pick right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back