List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Time to make the tough call and shoot Bambi

Hurn and Kennedy both can't be carried next season, we need to start the rebuild. Retire one or both end of this year.

Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
I will be very annoyed if we don't make a few harsh calls this off season. As much as I love Bunga and JK, one or both need to step down, even if that makes us weaker in the short term. I would not be against trading Gaff for a decent price.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Neither of them are the problem imo.
They aren't the solution either.

Kennedy is a champion but if he cant get his hands on the ball he is a non entity these days. He's starting to look his age. We need a shorter and faster forward line.

As for Hurn, he's still playing well enough but his kicking has become predictable.

Neither of them are the problem imo.
It's not about them being the problem. It's about creating opportunities for other players.

It's time to have Allen and Waterman as permanent forwards. It's time to bring Witherden in as a starting player. It's time to play a balanced line up that isn't too tall all the time.

Those things will be easier if Kennedy and Hurn retire. The only reason I'd want them to play on would be for a last flag shot.

It ain't happening.

Lazzas

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Kennedy is a champion but if he cant get his hands on the ball he is a non entity these days. He's starting to look his age. We need a shorter and faster forward line.

As for Hurn, he's still playing well enough but his kicking has become predictable.

The_Gambler

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2009
Omaha, in middle America
AFL Club
West Coast
Time to play some young players in position to see where they are at. We are going no where. Decide whether to keep them or not. Worst case we get a better draft pick. Best case they half gone good and done young guys experience finals snd come back hungry

or we can keep doing the same and sing our prayers, cross our fingers, and chant koombaya before matches that we get done heart snd toughness

Lazzas

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Lazzas

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
It's not the foward line, it's the midfield who consistently kicked it in to no forwards advantage and currently a backline that is all at sea. Eagles need a good midfield coach. Would be going hard after Buckley.

dkalphy

All Australian
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Some of you show your lack of IQ and it really shows, honestly shut up. Kennedy has won us games this year alone and has just as many goals as Darling in less games. Hurn is also playing hes role just fine. Both can play next year with the intention of resting them a few times during the year.

The issue are the following:
1 - Lack of forward pressure. I'm convinced Langon tampers with he's GPS numbers, never seen a player run 16-17km a game for <10 touches and sub-par defensive pressure. When you play Waterman, Allen, Darling and Kennedy without Ryan and Rioli as forward pressure you're asking for a training drill to follow.
2 - Midfield. I believe we don't have the right number of defensive minded VS offensive minded players in their, that's why we're looking second rate. Dom Sheed will go a whole game without laying a tackle, Gaff isn't much better either. You've got too many offensive minded players in their (Kelly, Sheed) that we don't have anyone willing to sacrifice their numbers to get into the right positions to apply midfield pressure.
3 - Lack of young talent. Our drafting after 2017 has been so bad, Ainsworth i know was 17 isn't making, Xavier im not sure either, he plays but plays out of position. We have no up and coming mids..

Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
We’re going to suffer a while if McGovern and gaff continue to decline with the size of their contracts.

Quality talent coming through from the bottom is near non-existent

Looking at this team thinking who is in our next flag side, maybe Allen don’t think too many others.

It’s going to be a rough road ahead for a few years where we’re going to be able to top up with some very high draft picks but almost feels as if something else is going on at the club. Surely the lack of defensive pressure/willingness to chase from certain senior players is evident on the film review yet we get to an extremely significant milestone game against a bottom side and we see this endeavour tonight.

A lot of work ahead for the board.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
We gave up way too much for Tim Kelly. Bloke is a B grader . He will be our des headland

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
We gave up way too much for Tim Kelly. Bloke is a B grader . He will be our des headland
Thats a tad emotional. He is our best midfielder. he may not he AAA but he is our best. This is the board that relished the idea of Duggan playing midfield. Duggan is a role playing defender with limited ability. Goes hard at times but thats it.

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, South Fremantle
I reckon Bunga could go around again and is still producing good enough footy, but JK's out put has declined to the point where it is difficult to justify keeping his spot. (Having said that, the quality of midfield supply has diminished this year and none of our other forwards are going great either.)

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood &amp; Liverpool.
I reckon Bunga could go around again and is still producing good enough footy, but JK's out put has declined to the point where it is difficult to justify keeping his spot. (Having said that, the quality of midfield supply has diminished this year and none of our other forwards are going great either.)
Geez JK has still kicked 36 goals in 16 games and leading our goalkicking. You cant just replace him like that.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I'm less about the need to retire Hurn and Kennedy and more about new game plan and changes in assistant coaches.
It's clearly our game plan and effort that are lacking, which we need new ideas and buy in to go again.
I still think our list is very good, and we can really invigorate it with a good draft.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Thats a tad emotional. He is our best midfielder. he may not he AAA but he is our best. This is the board that relished the idea of Duggan playing midfield. Duggan is a role playing defender with limited ability. Goes hard at times but thats it.
Best midfielder ? Only because yeo is coming back from injury and shuey is cooked .
Doesn't kick goals
Kicking is very inconsistent
Fumbles all the time this year
Weak defensively

Not a A grader since being at the Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back