List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Define best runner?

Slow, one paced and running on his heels? Just because he has a good 2km time doesn’t mean jackshit when it comes to game day

Someone who can accelerate, decelerate, have enough core strength to change directions quickly, for starters.... Agree that a good 2km time doesn't really reflect what we need from him on the field.

Brander came 3rd in the GF sprint .
He is the quickest player at our club

Kelly is not slow but not quick either

Feel free to apologise for you 'Rightio mate'

Hahaha
Bro Cripps kicked 5 goals earlier this year he must be our best forward.

possibly the stupidest argument I’ve ever heard.

You mean the gf sprint where most of the participants have been on the cans and HJ’s for the 3 weeks since they have been knocked out??? You want to use that as a measuring stick?

We should send MCGovern this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feel free to apologize for your stupid and not very well thought through comment

Hahaha
Bro Cripps kicked 5 goals earlier this year he must be our best forward.

possibly the stupidest argument I’ve ever heard.
Lol mate, saying brander who was the 3rd quickest over 100m in the league in the GF sprint IS a fast runner is the stupidest argument you have ever heard ?

You been smoking what Willie has been smoking travie boy ?

Last edited:
Feel free to apologize for your stupid and not very well thought through comment
Yeah thinking the fastest bloke in our squad isn't fast is stupid .
I even gave you an example of how he was fast and you still are arguing then used something as subjective as goals kicked in a game vs athletic trait .
Its like saying natanui isn't tall

Lol mate, brander who was the 3rd quickest over 100m in the league in the GF sprint is a fast runner is the stupidest argument you have ever heard ?

My guy, clubs do not send their quickest players for the GF sprint, it’s a gimmick.

We sent Dean Cox there once ffs.

Brander running 3rd does not mean he is super quick.

Lol mate, saying brander who was the 3rd quickest over 100m in the league in the GF sprint IS a fast runner is the stupidest argument you have ever heard ?

Pretty sure that the quickest players from each club arent always representing their teams in the sprint. I'd also hazard a guess he's not the quickest at our club

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah thinking the fastest bloke in our squad isn't fast is stupid .
I even gave you an example of how he was fast and you still are arguing then used something as subjective as goals kicked in a game vs athletic trait .
Its like saying natanui isn't tall

Please don’t double down…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To those disputing Brander’s speed, let’s have your nominations for quickest at the club over 20m.

I would have my money on number 21.

To those disputing Brander’s speed, let’s have your nominations for quickest at the club over 20m.

So you know, it's Johnson followed by Petch.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Brander is the fastest on the list over 1-200 metres. But mentally he plays slow and he doesn't have explosive speed. If he was great at timing a lead and a great kick he could have a career like Nick Riewoldt. Problem is he's timid, slow to make decisions, gets easily outbodied (because he was used to always being the biggest as a junior), loops the ball on short kicks and is a ******* atrocious shot for goal.

I actually have a theory about young players and in particular those that are able to come in and make an impact straight away. They are instinctual players. Now a guy who isn't an instinctual player can become a good player, sometimes even a very good player but they have to learn it and their role over years if of practice so that their role and what to do is instinctual.

A problem that west coast also seem to have is we take players who have an instinctual role and AFL ready traits and then try and round them off and find them a role rather than developing their best assets.

Draft the best players you can, develop their elite traits and trade to fill the cracks. It basically takes 3-5 years for players you draft to be AFL ready (not to play a game or be a fringe player, but to perform a top 10-15 on the list role) I reckon we're 5 years away from being a premiership challenger again. So anyone older than Kelly almost certainly won't be at the club for our next top 4 appearance and that's if im being generous. If we split foley/brander 50/50 as 1 player will make it one that won't I see 18 potential AFL level players on our list right now (list worthy). Allen, Rioli, Ryan are the only ones who scream star player. So if we look at a total team list of 44 players, We really need to replace at least 26 players on the list in the next 3-4 years and get lucky or we'll be out of contention for longer than 5 years. Make the assumption there is always 5-6 developing players on your list that aren't afl ready and you don't know if they ever will be and theres always 5-6 making up the numbers. If you ad 18 + 12 thats 30. That means we need to draft or trade in 14 best 22 players over the next 3-4 years and we need at least 5 of them to be AA calibre or we'll be either be out of it for more than 5 years or only getting to the point where we're making up the numbers.

Oh we also need a completely new game plan and the AFL not to completely * with the rules potentially making everything we do irrelevant. Good luck.

Last edited:
Jarrod Brander isn’t even the fastest player in his house ffs.

What an odd claim.

Thats 36 goals playing this sh*t style of gameplan.

I've got no doubt that next year if we improve the game style that both JK and JD can kick 50+ if the coaches change things.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

It all comes down to strategy/game plan. We need a new fresh, zippy style that's corridor direct. Fix that with speed in strategic areas and we will be okay.
And who knows what comes our way in trading/draft days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back