List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Although Gaff doesn't have the same impact as before you can't question he's availability. Almost can pencil him to play every week and puts up insane GPS numbers that no one else on the team can match.

No reason why Gaff cant still play the sort of football that won him two AA blazers , just have to play him in the same role as they did pre 2019.

Forget the bullsh*t idea of playing him as an inside mid ............ thats neither what he is, nor what he is good at.

There is also the additional downside, to taking him away from his free running outside role by playing him more on the inside, that being he kicks less goals.

The Coaches just need to stick with the fundamental of what he excel's at, play him on the outside because that's what he does well and when he does plays that role, it makes us a better team.

No reason why Gaff cant still play the sort of football that won him two AA blazers , just have to play him in the same role as they did pre 2019.

Forget the bullsh*t idea of playing him as an inside mid ............ thats neither what he is, nor what he is good at.

There is also the additional downside, to taking him away from his free running outside role by playing him more on the inside, that being he kicks less goals.

The Coaches just need to stick with the fundamental of what he excel's at, play him on the outside because that's what he does well and when he does plays that role, it makes us a better team.
In a fully fit midfield I'd like to see Willie and Duggan as the guys that run through the middle over Gaff.

How many of us let ourselves go when we landed the chick of our dreams ?🖐

Chick definitely let himself go after living the dream
images (2).jpeg

In a fully fit midfield I'd like to see Willie and Duggan as the guys that run through the middle over Gaff.
Willie is a yes for centre clearances, not long stints but not around the ground stoppages.

The only time I have seen Duggan play any sort of worthwhile midfield for Westcoast was as an outside mid on a wing. He is not much better than Gaff when playing as an inside mid. He plays much better when facing the ball and has an awful goal kicking record

From a reasonably good source at the club

- Ainsworth is gone
- Brander has not decided and nor has the club, as he wants to go to Victoria but wants to stay with Eagles
- Rotham is more than likely given another year but it may be as a rookie

I’ve had some accurate info from this source before but it was stated most likely not bolt on 100% (except the Ainsworth part and I was told a done deal)

- Ainsworth is gone
- Brander has not decided and nor has the club, as he wants to go to Victoria but wants to stay with Eagles

I’ve had some accurate info from this source before but it was stated most likely not bolt on 100% (except the Ainsworth part and I was told a done deal)
Good, ainsworth and hutchings should've been terminated at the end of 20.

Ainsworth is a waste of space. List clogger

- Ainsworth is gone

Surely these are no-brainers.....

EDIT: Rotham to be re-signed is a no-brainer, rookie list is crazy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. There is more than enough talent on this list to contend next year and both of those players are easily best 22. Don't need a rebuild. We do need a brutal preseason, bit of luck with injuries and complete reinvention of our game plan. Draft should target a backup ruck, speed and skill off halfback and a massive focus on quick ball movement to what remains very close to the best forwardline in the competition.

Draft half back flankers? O'Brien is listening intently to this concept.

I am happy to hear posters being so positive about Rotham. I am not with you and happy to stay on another path.

Rotham has more than held his own when we play kick to kick in the backline. He too-often crapped his pants when under pressure and he is at tall that cannot handle the opposition 3rd tall. His kicking is fine when hitting targets out on the far side but he cannot kick to targets on the run through the corridor. I would rather Witherdon or Foley on the hbf as they have better kicking skills and significantly more poise and composure.

So far we are farewelling 3 rookies and 1 senior player. If you want us to take 3 or 4 picks in the main draft, we need to move to rookie or delist another 2 to 3 players. The other benefit of more rookies is their first $80k (or something like that) is not included in the salary cap.

I am happy to hear posters being so positive about Rotham. I am not with you and happy to stay on another path.

Rotham has more than held his own when we play kick to kick in the backline. He too-often crapped his pants when under pressure and he is at tall that cannot handle the opposition 3rd tall. His kicking is fine when hitting targets out on the far side but he cannot kick to targets on the run through the corridor. I would rather Witherdon or Foley on the hbf as they have better kicking skills and significantly more poise and composure.

So far we are farewelling 3 rookies and 1 senior player. If you want us to take 3 or 4 picks in the main draft, we need to move to rookie or delist another 2 to 3 players. The other benefit of more rookies is their first $80k (or something like that) is not included in the salary cap.
Would like to see more of Foley. I think he will be better than our nelson/duggan/Cole crop, if we give him a decent chance at it.

- Ainsworth is gone

WC paid a premium for Brander... at 22 he may just be growing into his body

I saw Chicky last week at my local fish and chip shop.
He ordered half a groper and $200 worth of chips

hJJQO5.gif

Handy player, very versatile. Seen him play half back, wing and half forward and perform well in each.
It's pronounced Hoff, and honestly think Westhoff is not a bad comparison. Tall, skinny and just knows how to keep finding the footy. He's not the one you walk away going omg he's a jet, more a consistent performer who you walk away saying he had a decent game.
Thought he looked best on a wing or half forward, good overhead and finding space to be an option. Skills are ok.
But when an u18 produces numbers like that at senior level you take notice.

MJ played reserves and had 23 disposals and a goal.
Van Rooyen kicked 3 for Claremont and Sheldrick was BOG with 24 disposals, 12 tackles and a goal vs Dittmar and Tunstill.
Looking at Browne's colts stats he's gone 30+ and kicked at least one goal in each of last five games. What's the knock that has him not really rated a first-round? Must be pace or skills
With Van Rooyen averaging almost 4 goals per game in colts, why is he not rated inside top 20?
How worried are we by Johnson's three league games and his rd18 ressies game. In any of these games did he get injured, have little TOG, not play a relevant role, or have a case of the Geelong virus?
1631546618713.png

- Ainsworth is gone

No surprise with Ainsworth as it’s probably the one decision all of us from the cheap seats could clearly see needed to be made. Good kid but not AFL standard unfortunately

Brander - I saw him pop up in the vaccination video the club did which to me indicated he was still invested in the club. No doubt he wants more opportunity which may well see him depart but given his trade value is at its lowest now I’d much prefer he stayed, preferably on a one year deal

Rotham - you’ve alluded to it in a subsequent post but he needs more confidence in his kicking. I think he has the ability but he needs the coaches to show faith in him to take the higher risk kicks that right now he doesn’t seem willing to take. He showed enough this year to earn another contract and imo it shouldn’t be as a rookie

Any word on what’s happening with the likes of O’Neill, Johnson and Collins?

Why wouldnt we put kennedy and hurn on the rookie list if they both play on?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

No surprise with Ainsworth as it’s probably the one decision all of us from the cheap seats could clearly see needed to be made. Good kid but not AFL standard unfortunately

Brander - I saw him pop up in the vaccination video the club did which to me indicated he was still invested in the club. No doubt he wants more opportunity which may well see him depart but given his trade value is at its lowest now I’d much prefer he stayed, preferably on a one year deal

Rotham - you’ve alluded to it in a subsequent post but he needs more confidence in his kicking. I think he has the ability but he needs the coaches to show faith in him to take the higher risk kicks that right now he doesn’t seem willing to take. He showed enough this year to earn another contract and imo it shouldn’t be as a rookie

Any word on what’s happening with the likes of O’Neill, Johnson and Collins?
No other inputs on Johnson, West or Collins. I personally have a view that Johnson will be lucky to stay as a rookie but his outlook was not mentioned.
O’Neill is contracted for 2022.

I did not see the improvement in Rotham this year like yourself and what feels like the majority of posters.

Help me on what attributes Rotham brings. He is not strong overhead. He does not have quick closing speed. His lollipop kicks lack penetration. He delivers little run and carry out of defence.

Is it poor development and coaching or is it he not going to get much better? I liked the pick in his draft year and in hindsight I was probably seduced with his one spectacular and brilliant mark in the carnival thinking he was better overhead than he has shown. He has been on the list for 5 years. I am seeing other R2 picks from his cohort in Sean Darcy, William Drew and Shai Bolton showing continued development that appears to have stalled with Rotham.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe the damn awful defensive control out of defence has had a more detrimental impact on stifling player development than I think.

FWIW - I would send Johnson to the rookie list before Rotham.

When we took 2 in the mid season draft, it feels like we may have already completed most of this year’s rookie draft. It will be interesting with our NGA prospects as they look solid but not much wow factor. I would like to see Farmef and Lawson picked up as Cat B even if it is to just improve the Beagles list. The last 2 WAFL games were horrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back