List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

SPS would be a good get for you guys. He is a talented player that is still young at a time you haven't had a heap of early draft picks. Would be surprised if you can't at least turn him into a solid best 22 player. We screwed his development badly.

Us with Brander, let's fix it together by swapping them.

If it's a straight swap for Brander so be it.

Otherwise I think we're looking at something along the lines of 49 + next years third for SPS + 61 (ie neither clubs supporters are happy)

That's just realistic. I don't see the club being open to giving up any of the first 3 picks. There will likely be a couple of options genuinely worth looking at for 61+65 which will likely come down into the mid 50's.

SPS is and always has been an inside mid. It's his position and really his only position he's AFL quality at. Carlton have thrown him around the HFF and HBF but it's just not his game. While he's not a big guy he's been an inside mid since he was a skinny 14 year old when i first saw him play.

Contract-wise I hope it's for no more than 2 years. I think Witho's was similar?

We all know the first year at WCE is historically a write-off with traded-in players, but really don't want to see us carrying players for an extra year or two than needed if they're only WAFL standard.

Brander for SPS straight swap - good outcome for both teams. Two players that have been stuffed around, both arguably fill a need more at the opposite club (given SPS isn't playing midfield at Carlton).

Both speculative atm, both lost sunk cost. It's a perfect straight swap, which there should be more of.

Anything higher than a low third/fourth and send him to the draft.

It’s not SPS’s size that worries me, it’s the fact that he has no core strength and baby girl arms which is a huge problem if he wants to play in the guts. Combine that with no speed and it’s not a good blend, no matter how skilful he is, he’s just too weak.

It’s not SPS’s size that worries me, it’s the fact that he has no core strength and baby girl arms which is a huge problem if he wants to play in the guts. Combine that with no speed and it’s not a good blend, no matter how skilful he is, he’s just too weak.

I would be going after SPP. But he probably doesn’t fit our game style. Bit to hard around the footy for us.

Look, drafting and trading is bloody complicated stuff and there are so few universal truths.

Except this one: when you can have a player from Claremont, get the player from Claremont. 😎
Good call. Add to that Sheldrick with our third pick, we would have 7 from Claremont. List build starting to make sense now.

We did alright will Josh Hill coming home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell this thread moves quick. Say we get SPS across, do we have the room for Ryan, Rioli AND SPS in the same team? Where do they all play? What happens to Cripps and Jones?

Don't think the spots are that related.

SPS would be a mid, Rioli mid/forward, Ryan ffs just forward please.

SPS is an interesting option, has obviously had dialogue with the Eagles to nominate us (if true). We can back-end his contract until 2026 once Kelly stops earning 6 millions a year and Mutimer also is OOC.

Talent, yes.
Cheap, has to be.

The 2016 draft top 10 is looking a sorry case

View attachment 1242293

Apart from the top 3, none of the remaining 7 places have hit the heights expected of them.

4 of them are from GC - which generally means they are either not quite as good as hoped or already poached.

Griffen Logue is easily in the top 6 medium to tall defenders on Fremantle’s list right now.

Bloody hell this thread moves quick. Say we get SPS across, do we have the room for Ryan, Rioli AND SPS in the same team? Where do they all play? What happens to Cripps and Jones?

Bit awkward.

We’ll be ok mate - we delisted Ah Chee and Cameron is probably bailing. 🤪

SPS is an interesting option, has obviously had dialogue with the Eagles to nominate us (if true). We can back-end his contract until 2026 once Kelly stops earning 6 millions a year and Mutimer also is OOC.

Talent, yes.
Cheap, has to be.

He’s definitely nominated us. Confirmed by Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back