List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Jesus. Wake up to see this thread went off track a few pages back….

Some of you should know better. The constant pile on of one poster (no matter how “deserved”) was a bit unpleasant. Ultimately we are all Eagles fans who want the best for the club and enjoy back and forth, but engaging in a group pile on on someone who is obviously reacting badly isn’t cool.

I come in peace. Yeo is a great player and worth a fair bit undoubtedly. What was suggested on the Port board was that West Coast may be willing to let him go for unders due to a salary cap squeeze. That is all

If anyone is to be let go due to salary cap it would be Gaff, Yeo is a Wa boy and probably our best player. He is absolutely going nowhere

Some of you should know better. The constant pile on of one poster (no matter how “deserved”) was a bit unpleasant. Ultimately we are all Eagles fans who want the best for the club and enjoy back and forth, but engaging in a group pile on on someone who is obviously reacting badly isn’t cool.

agreed mate, majority of it wasn’t even funny. Just annoying to scroll through

If anyone is to be let go due to salary cap it would be Gaff, Yeo is a Wa boy and probably our best player. He is absolutely going nowhere
Didn't we tell the players to take a cut for no trading them or something like that. Trading Yeo would go against everything we have said and would be pretty hypocritical of the club to do that to our players. Plus Yeo is heart and soul an Eagle. He has something I wish others in our side did. He bleeds for the club and I love that about him.

I call BS on Tom Browne. The dumbest journalist going around.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

I think it certainly does mean that if he can’t get a game at Carlton that he can’t get one for us. What is the correct position and who will he displace in your eyes? Shuey and yeo?

dreaming. At end of day he is short and slight. We need players who can take on bontempellis, Olivers and the likes of wines. He isn’t that. So where else is he going to play? It’s a bit tough when you struggle with being thrown around and yet not elite at the one thing that will bring you continuity.
He’s 23 years old. How old is shuey again? I never said he was elite at all but he’s sure as hell better than what we currently have coming through the ranks. He slots in to an age profile we need and at the very least makes our potential dire outlook when shuey, redden and gaff hang up the boots a little less dire…

SPS is a completely different player to ryan and rioli .

Unless SPS plays inside mid i wouldn't trade for him .

Then who does he displace as an inside mid ?

We have shuey yeo Kelly sheed redden all inside
Fair enough. I'm ok with SPS displacing Shuey for Shuey's own benefit but who of Yeo, Kelly and Redden does SPS realistically displace?

I feel it's just not as black and white , have and have not as you say .

You have medical tests for cancer , comatosed patients is pretty obvious.

There is no medical test for ASD which encompasses a broad range of similar disorders these days.

You have a team of professionals making a judgement on someone who they may have only assessed on meeting 1 or 2 occasions.

In children its even harder than adults.

As someone who is obviously involved in the community like myself you have to be aware that as little as 15-20 years ago many children were not diagnosed as they would be now.

They live their lives dealing with the same struggles without any of the support.

It was not a statement at all diminishing people with ASD but supporting people with the same struggles that have gone undiagnosed.

As for the 'either you do or you dont', what happens to the people who are on the cusp of getting a diagnosis but the medical professionals decide not to ?

They still have many of the same struggles

Fair calls every one of them.

I'm going to respectfully leave it at that. This thread has been derailed enough and I've said what I wanted to say.

As Ringo says.... peace and love

It's that time of year again, the off-season!

SPS is a completely different player to ryan and rioli .

Unless SPS plays inside mid i wouldn't trade for him .

Then who does he displace as an inside mid ?

We have shuey yeo Kelly sheed redden all inside
We end up selecting not enough mids each week because we don't have enough good mids.

I'd much rather drop a Langdon type and send Sheed/Kelly/Sheuy to spend more time on a half forward flank with rotations through the midfield, or a Nelson type dropped with Yeo rotating through half back and the midfield.

SPS could do the same with rotations either to half back or forward as well as the midfield.

Hai Gaiz :raisinghand:

After moving at Adam Selwood chasing Chris Yarran pace, suddenly this thread jumps 15 pages and i get excited.

And what is there to show for it? Fivey and Honeykent trolling someone, for a change 🤦‍♂️

Cake Day Special: 2 Mr. Bean gifs for you to use! - Album on Imgur

Hai Gaiz :raisinghand:

After moving at Adam Selwood chasing Chris Yarran pace, suddenly this thread jumps 15 pages and i get excited.

And what is there to show for it? Fivey and Honeykent trolling someone, for a change 🤦‍♂️

Cake Day Special: 2 Mr. Bean gifs for you to use! - Album on Imgur

Sick to death of them both, giant bullies, poor alphy, kid just wants love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s 23 years old. How old is shuey again? I never said he was elite at all but he’s sure as hell better than what we currently have coming through the ranks. He slots in to an age profile we need and at the very least makes our potential dire outlook when shuey, redden and gaff hang up the boots a little less dire…

You are looking at it from player a is better than player b. In order for us to progress, these players need to reach A grade level to replace likes of yeo and only way is to take chance via the draft.

We know what sps can do. He is a complimentary player at best and not the inside mid to take on the heavies of afl. If you want to remain mid table then yes you salivatate over the likes of sps.

I want players that can come in and displace, say, the likes of redden. Then redden displaces the likes of Ainsworth etc. what you are after is someone to simply replace the likes of Ainsworth and that’s a nett zero benefit because you still have someone that isn’t making a difference.

If you can’t bring in big players due to salary cap, then you draft. And you keep drafting till you get the good players to displace the current 22.

Last edited:
Didn't we tell the players to take a cut for no trading them or something like that. Trading Yeo would go against everything we have said and would be pretty hypocritical of the club to do that to our players. Plus Yeo is heart and soul an Eagle. He has something I wish others in our side did. He bleeds for the club and I love that about him.

Agree on Yeo’s value to teams etc.

I’d think the ‘we won’t trade anyone out’ line only relates to forced out trades - if player wants out (Brander may be an example of this situation) then they would be traded out/released.

Methinks the no trade comment is along the lines of Pies & Treloar situation from last year.

Agree. No need to poke the s**t out of a poster knowing they are going to arc up. It’s akin to riling up the kid at school who you know is going to lose the plot and make a twit of themselves.

'Snide comments and a holier-than-thou demeanour' are supposedly breaking the board rules. Low hanging fruit to target posters who can't articulate their arguments well and then bite back immaturely, and it's easy to look like the good guy afterwards.

I have. And he got dropped at Carlton. Who are mediocre.

Come back when that sinks in.
A few Blues posters blame their coaching staff for SPS’s regression. Thoughts on that?

You are looking at it from player a is better than player b. In order for us to progress, these players need to reach A grade level to replace likes of yeo and only way is to take chance via the draft.

We know what sps can do. He is a complimentary player at best and not the inside mid to take on the heavies of afl. If you want to remain mid table then yes you salivatate over the likes of sps.

I want players that can come in and displace, say, the likes of redden. Then redden displaces the likes of Ainsworth etc. what you are after is someone to simply replace the likes of Ainsworth and that’s a nett zero benefit because you still have someone that isn’t making a difference.

If you can’t bring in big players due to salary cap, then you draft. And you keep drafting till you get the good players to displace the current 22.
Do you honestly think we are going to find a supposed A grader with a 50+ pick in the draft? Because that’s basically what you’re asking. it just won’t happen

Every team needs role players and SPS is exactly that. No team in the whole league is full of A graders. We will get SPS cheap and that’s all we can ask for. It’s still an improvement on the team overall.

I agree we need guys to displace our older stars but it’s not going to happen with a late pick in the draft and by all reports we can’t land a big fish so doesn’t leave us a great deal to work with. If getting SPS gives us a little more midfield depth and creates more competition for spots at a cheap cost then that’s a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back