List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I like the idea of Kelly and Shuey playing as high half forwards, It forces the defenders to make a lot harder decision than they have to with a Langdon type.

Follow Kelly and Shuey up the ground leaving lots of space for JK, Darling, Allen, Ryan and Rioli to operate, or drop off and help out the defence which means that Kelly and Shuey run free in the midfield. If that happens they'll carve up and hit our forwards regardless of whether there is an extra defender back or not.

Agree and gives us greater flexibility.

Cant wait for Willie to return + Ryan at full fitness to give us some extra pace in the forward half. Ryan was having a Jetta like season late last year with his risky kicks to our FF's. Willie also does this so fingers crossed he gets his body in shape.

Also if we have goal kickers in Kelly and Shuey up forward then we are more dangerous and harder to stop.

Not often for the very reasons stated. The threat of it means that teams take a lesser pick than they might have hope for.

Yeah for sure, wondering how many have actually done it before. Just a big gamble to take with your career.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree and gives us greater flexibility.

Cant wait for Willie to return + Ryan at full fitness to give us some extra pace in the forward half. Ryan was having a Jetta like season late last year with his risky kicks to our FF's. Willie also does this so fingers crossed he gets his body in shape.

Also if we have goal kickers in Kelly and Shuey up forward then we are more dangerous and harder to stop.

Thats another reason why defenders can't zone off them, they will hit the scoreboard, unlike a Langdon not being able to kick it 30m

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
sam petrekski seton last player i want i can name half a dozen wa players we can draft in this years draft that are better than him

Let's see the list......

How many of those half dozen players will still be available after say pick 50?

Exactly.

I doubt it would be a second rounder.

I reckon it'll be our pick 35 cuz. Be nice if it's 49 but VFL media will go REEEeeeeeeee.

Until Carlton obtain more picks, we can't even sweeten the deal with a pick upgrade or anything.

SPS and 25 for 29 and 35? Softens the blow somewhat.

I reckon it'll be our pick 35 cuz. Be nice if it's 49 but VFL media will go REEEeeeeeeee.

Until Carlton obtain more picks, we can't even sweeten the deal with a pick upgrade or anything.

Not the worst idea.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast

Ultimately our pick 49 will be pick 45 when the Pies get cleaned out as they have four picks between our pick 35 and pick 49. That's before whatever picks the Dogs end up within that 35 - 49 range get added then removed.

Chance Dogs could get Richmond's pick 26, 40 and 44 for example for their first rounder as that's a reasonable points upgrade. That would see 40 and 44 removed.

So it's looking like at most a 10 pick drop between our current pick 35 and pick 49, but could be only 7 or 8. Not the end of the world if we do have to give it up.

This one's doing the rounds a fair bit

Carlton
In - Cerra
OUT - SPS, Pick 6

WCE
IN - SPS
OUT - Brander

Cockburn
IN - Brander, Pick 6
OUT - Cerra

Feel like Carlton get stitched up a bit in that scenario losing Pick 6 and SPS effectively for Cerra. But it's not glaringly awful.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
The club stated they would not use the pay cuts to buy players.

They also said any players traded in would need players of similar value traded out.

Also how can a club promise that a player under contract asks to leave and then not replace them like for like salary wise? They cant because a player leaving has the power to make a choice.
I recall it more that the pay cut would not be used on a big signing.

Lets be clear, SPS will not cost a lot in draft capital or salary. Forget what pick he was drafted at, he does not hold high value and like Brander, he needs a reset.

I cannot recall a year where both list spots and salary cap are tight across all 18 teams

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't know much about SPS, except for his highlights reel, most look good in that?
Looks like a fast mover with swerve-ability factor.
But if Melbourne are showing interest in him, can't be too bad?
Arguably better than our current weaker links in the team-chain (Langdon/Xon), or AhChee+Hutch for eg..

Given we're so strapped for cash and can't afford a gun like Vardy, i take it we'll only be taking the minimum 3 national draft spots?

Difference between a ND pick and a Rookie pick is about 100k from memory.

Which means we'll also likely not upgrade anyone from the rookie list unless we absolutely have to? Such as Edwards, Jamaine, Trew and West.

Given we're so strapped for cash and can't afford a gun like Vardy, i take it we'll only be taking the minimum 3 national draft spots?

Difference between a ND pick and a Rookie pick is about 100k from memory.

Which means we'll also likely not upgrade anyone from the rookie list unless we absolutely have to? Such as Edwards, Jamaine, Trew and West.

Edwards was upgraded last year.

paran

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2007
West Coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Washington Redskins
I love the way the way it is being reported that SPS wants to move closer to home.

A short 29 hour drive and over 2,600 km.

View attachment 1242165

...o_O
Plenty of Perth-Broome flights too.

No border or Chairman Dan lockdowns either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back