List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

So if we move SPS from the backline into the midfield can he reach his potential?

Unsure really - he was a midfielder as a junior, I think Carlton tried to pull their best West Coast and turn him into a flanker.

Unsure really - he was a midfielder as a junior, I think Carlton tried to pull their best West Coast and turn him into a flanker.
I like to think of it as the reverse West Coast. We draft flankers and try turn them into a midfielder, they have drafted a mid turn him into a flanker. It appears either technique has some kinks that need to be ironed out.

I like to think of it as the reverse West Coast. We draft flankers and try turn them into a midfielder, they have drafted a mid turn him into a flanker. It appears either technique has some kinks that need to be ironed out.

As I said before (and even a few months back I posted that I'm keen to look into his availability) I'm pretty happy with him having a second chance at West Coast, I think at his best he can be best 22 and hopefully we can get it out of him.

Is this the reason why he is notable?

No, he's more known as being the model for the Easter Island statues
a_spt_anthony_16onn5j-16onn5o.jpg
3500.jpg

Guys walking in the pre-season draft has been pretty rare in the past decade or so, to the point that a few times they haven’t even held a PSD.

Apart from Jack Martin, the last guy to delist himself and go in the PSD was probably Bachar Houli in 2010.

Luke Ball and Ben Jacobs put themselves in the main draft, there might be others like that.
Jackson Hately says to say hello

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who does SPS replace in our starting side from 2021? Or do we pony up for him then make him play WAFL like Jetta, Redden and Withers had to do.

FB: Hurn, Barrass, Sheppard
HB: Duggan, McGovern, Cole
C: Gaff Shuey Sheed
HF: Cripps Darling Rioli
FF: Ryan Kennedy Allen

FOL: Naitanui, Kelly, Yeo

INT: Redden, Petrucelle? Witherden? Williams?

Guessing West, Langdon, Nelson Waterman, Ledwards, Hedwards and Rotham will all start in the WAFL unfortunately.

Credits are topped up at the start of each season.

Last edited:
Who does SPS replace in our starting side from 2021? Or do we pony up for him then make him play WAFL like Jetta, Redden and Withers had to do.

Guessing West, Langdon, Nelson Waterman, Ledwards, Hedwards and Rotham will all start in the WAFL unfortunately.

I'd say he comes in for McGovern who'll be out until 2025 with experimental hip replacement.

Depends what we pony up for him, doesn’t it?

If we only give pick 49 for him there wouldn’t be a real expectation that he’d be in our best 22 from day dot.

Depends what we pony up for him, doesn’t it?

If we only give pick 49 for him there wouldn’t be a real expectation that he’d be in our best 22 from day dot.

Spot on Beets.

I realize it might sound a bit harsh, but if we're coughing up pick 35 i feel that's B22 expectations, not just depth.

Who would we be taking at pick 50 or so (if thats what it takes to get him) that would be in the starting 22? There is always opportunity that arises for players during the course of the season.

This season we had Brander, Ainsworth, Xon, Foley, West, Ledwards play in the midfield for a combined 37 games. Given Brander and Ainsworth were 12 of those games, there's plenty of opportunity around...

Who would we be taking at pick 50 or so (if thats what it takes to get him) that would be in the starting 22? There is always opportunity that arises for players during the course of the season.

This season we had Brander, Ainsworth, Xon, Foley, West, Ledwards play in the midfield for a combined 37 games. Given Brander and Ainsworth were 12 of those games, there's plenty of opportunity around...

Yeah but that's different isn't it.

A young draftee taken with 35 or 49 is obviously expected to sit in the WAFL for X amount of time. That's a given. Even longer if they are a KPP.

A 24yr old who's going into his sixth season of AFL on the other hand, is a different matter. I'm sure he'll play at some point, of course. But considering him B22 material compared to depth that would primarily sit in the WAFL if we have a healthy list, should change what we're prepared to give Carlton IMO.

I am wanting Doggies to win on Saturday. The main reason (apart from Demons being a flog of a club) is that their 1st rounder will be pick 18 and hence less points but still counting as first rounder. We can then take 2 first rounders in 2021 and get our 1st round requirements refreshed.

If we can get say pick 30 from the Cats for Brander, we go for 29, 35 and 60 for Doggies pick 18 (a premium of 436 points). We then pass over pick 45 for SPS (worth less than Brander since talls need more development). Regan as a rookie - but a fall back if we need to match NGA points for Regan, we can slide back in the 2022 later rounds or pass if too high a price.

This would leave us pick 10, 18 and 30. We go 2 rookies for a 37/5 list split and go a couple of NGA prospects for the Beagles.

1632290187410.png

Yeah but that's different isn't it.

A young draftee taken with 35 or 49 is obviously expected to sit in the WAFL for X amount of time. That's a given. Even longer if they are a KPP.

A 24yr old who's going into his sixth season of AFL on the other hand, is a different matter. I'm sure he'll play at some point, of course. But considering him B22 material compared to depth that would primarily sit in the WAFL if we have a healthy list, should change what we're prepared to give Carlton IMO.

He could theoretically replace any of the players bolded if they missed. With a shuffle of positions, e.g. Shuey to Half Forward, or Yeo / SPS to half back, for parts of the game

HB
: Duggan, McGovern, Cole
C:
Gaff Shuey Sheed
HF:
Cripps Darling Rioli
FF:
Ryan Kennedy Allen
FOL
: Naitanui, Kelly, Yeo

INT:
Redden, Petrucelle? Witherden? Williams?

That's the majority of the team. If he's good enough he'll find time. If not he plays WAFL. I'm sure we have made no promises to him that he'll be a guaranteed best 22.

The key is getting him for that pick 49.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back