List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

It's a close call and would be decided in relation to who else we had picked up before them.

Clark is a more robust inside mid, who's best work is done at the coal face and is able to both break and nail tackles .

Rogers is a bit more of a balanced mid thats good in close, but he also hits the scoreboard most games and is much quicker than Clark.

If inside work was the # 1 priority then Clark.
If a more balanced quicker mid - then Rogers.
Both for list depth?

If both are available late / rookie, would you consider taking both?

Both for list depth?

Cant see us taking both with the current draft hand and the very few available list spots.

However things can change with whatever we do in the trade period.

I also won't be surprised if the recruiters trade up, a couple of our picks in this years draft, either before the draft or on the night, to be more targeted on specific players.
I say this with absolutely no inside knowledge and based on nothing more than a hunch, but I think with so few spots available on the list we go quality first and foremost and then pick over the best of whats left over with late picks.

If we trade up we will be left with less draft capital inside pick 50 and as such that may open up the avenue for a couple of speculative very late picks and thats where the Clark / Rogers type players may be considered.

Keep in mind that we also have several NGA / Cat B eligible players, who if they are not taken in the draft we are able to pick up post draft as free hits.

How many list spots do we have to fill? Couldn't hurt to rookie both Rogers and Clark surely, along with SPS would make our midfield depth far more balanced.

How many list spots do we have to fill? Couldn't hurt to rookie both Rogers and Clark surely, along with SPS would make our midfield depth far more balanced.

Currently have 37 listed players including 3 rookies (Trew, West and Jones)

Hurn, Kennedy, Rotham, O’Neill, Foley, Jones and West are believed to be getting new contracts but nothing official yet.

Brander is on his way out but his spot is likely to be taken by Petrevski-Seton

Cameron is stepping away from football apparently but we don’t know if he’ll be retained on the list (as a rookie most likely) or delisted.

Based on that we have 5 list spots available with a maximum of 4 on the main list. Delisting Cameron would add an extra spot to that

XON. Is it just that he's been played out of position?
I don't feel as much love towards him as it seems most others on this forum do.
Well he got dumped on that sacrificial HFF role when he played, same as West. Carrying something later in the season apparently, which would also explain a dip in form.

Like SPS, we'll see what happens when they guys are coached by actual midfield coaches.

I'd like to see another WAFL season from XON before delisting, if we can find a spot on the list for him. At this stage he seems a bit meh but could prove us wrong. My concern is he doesnt seem to have any outstanding attributes. I think West and Trew are ahead of him for a midfield position. Add SPS and he falls back another spot.

Well he got dumped on that sacrificial HFF role when he played, same as West. Carrying something later in the season apparently, which would also explain a dip in form.

Like SPS, we'll see what happens when they guys are coached by actual midfield coaches.
Its called not good enough to play in the midf field.

I though he regressed somewhat this season ( sadly an all to common a theme with our youth ), however I though last season he showed good poise and I liked his decision making, plus his skill set is polished.

Got my fingers crossed that Knights and Schofield can get him back on track and to the level whereby he is able to improve, to the point that he puts some genuine heat on our best midfielders.

Part of the learning will be to play him as a genuine mid and not piss fart around with the HFF experiment, we drafted him as a genuine midfielder from the Oakleigh Chargers ......... please play him as one, not fussed if that in the WAFL but I want him to get a sustained crack at improving his midfield craft.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I cooled on Xon mid/late seasons. That said he had some games that he looked like a mini Shuey. Might have been round one but his clearance work and connection between Vardy got them close to winning. Problem was that he never got proper minutes in the midfield

Franky Watson's ACL injury and delisting overall was sad but genuinly the type defender we are screaming for atm too
Yeah I miss the Wirrpanda type defender. We have always struggled against the small forwards since him.

Franky Watson's ACL injury and delisting overall was sad but genuinly the type defender we are screaming for atm too

He liked to take it on, but was a bit of a liability with his distribution. He didn't get games because we're petrified of turning the ball over and being subsequently exposed by a lack of pace and man on man defence.

Will be long gone by the time our first pick comes up but Horne-Francis having a pretty good game tonight.

Has kicked 3.3 and looked lively around the ground too with 21 touches and 4 tackles.

J H-F played very well tonight and pretty much cemented himself as the # 1 player in this years cohort, if there was ever any doubt.

With limited touches 10, Matty Roberts also was productive with 2 goals 1.

Former West Coast Eagle Mitch O'Neill had a good game too.

That said South Adelaide got well beaten by Glenelg. 11.11 77 to 6.13 49

what was Mitch O'niells knock apart from his back? Seems to have really stepped up this year. 26 touches, 6 tackles and 2 cm in a prelim final tonight

what was Mitch O'niells knock apart from his back? Seems to have really stepped up this year. 26 touches, 6 tackles and 2 cm in a prelim final tonight
He wanted to be traded to the new Tasmanian team

Feel like Voss might be able to talk SPS out of leaving. Personally I'm indifferent to the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back