List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

That, glowing endorsement probably means that Dermie and Bolton share the same agent.

No other poo's and wee's player, former or current, quite likes the gravy train and has milked it for every cent, like Dermie does.

That said " The Shai ", would be a very handy pick up at the right price, but I cant see that price ( draft capital wise ) being in WC ball park, so he therefore gets picked up by the :rooster: 🔥, he becomes everything that they wanted Harley Bennell to be. .

This.

Thats why Collingwood traded out their 2021 first rounder last draft night.

Not wanting to nit pick but the player that at this point in time to go # 1 is Jason HORNE - South Adelaide.

It’s just a typo by Eastcoasteagles it’s not Thorne.

Horne is a gun already played senior football.

He is one of three South Adelaide midfielders predicted to go in the first round:

Jason Horne 184 78
Arlo Draper 185 71
Matthew Roberts 183 81

What an impressive contribution from South Adelaide. 👍
Yep, apologies it's Horne.
Love the way he plays, if only we could get him but seems like he'll land at North.

Shai Bolton is going nowhere - his management is playing the game to get a higher figure in his new deal with the Tigers.

His manager is same guy who manages Dusty, and has been recently sued by the government in Victoria for posting false allegations about quarantine there.

By all accounts a horrible individual of the highest order - just ask Tina Arena.

Yep, apologies it's Horne.
Love the way he plays, if only we could get him but seems like he'll land at North.

ECE this years draft goes so deep, that for the first time in " upteen years ", I am not worried about us missing out on a decent midfielder with either the first or second round picks that we currently hold.

We have: One first and two seconds and I believe that we will have good quality players to choose from with all those picks, I would love it if we were able to have spent those three picks and then take dibs on Ethan Regan with our ( actually Sydney's ) third round pick, our fourth pick in this years draft

In most years the draft starts to thin out and tapper off talent wise, around the mid to latter part of the second round.
This year I can see three very solid rounds, before the usual tailing off.

At this point in time, most years I have approximately 4-6 mids that I get excited about and generally they are all off the board, by the time we get to take our first pick, this year I have a list of 12 midfield players all of whom I would be happy to have on our list with - having used our first.

So it going to be interesting to see who else rises up the whiteboards, as history has shown us that every year 3-5 players who are unknowns at this early stage of the season, or come from deep in the second round projections and manage to work their way up the boards to become first rounders..... and yes by way of example.... Bontempelli, Tarranto, Florent and Duursma ... I am talking about players like you.

Last edited:
Shai Bolton is going nowhere - his management is playing the game to get a higher figure in his new deal with the Tigers.

His manager is same guy who manages Dusty, and has been recently sued by the government in Victoria for posting false allegations about quarantine there.

By all accounts a horrible individual of the highest order - just ask Tina Arena.

Didn't he do this little dance with Bolton only a couple of years ago?

Just like the 3 Victorian teams offering Oscar allen 750k a year deal .

2 weeks later same article just removed Allen's name and replaced it with cerra .

All managers do this these days

Shai would be a great get but cost too much .

Just need to draft our own shai Bolton calibre players

Yep. Canvassed him to clubs during 2019, we took the bait and made a very reasonable offer by all accounts.

Then just before finals it comes out that he had agreed to re-sign with the Tigers for almost twice his previous contract.

Richmond were so keen to not let S.Bolton go that they ended up salary dumping D.Butler in order to keep him.

Can't see him going, but he's the perfect fit for our list profile, age demographic and game style.

At 22, proven and with a lot of football ahead of him, he's a smart player to throw picks at (within reason) - similar to our Yeo acquisition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like the 3 Victorian teams offering Oscar allen 750k a year deal .

2 weeks later same article just removed Allen's name and replaced it with cerra .

All managers do this these days

Shai would be a great get but cost too much .

Just need to draft our own shai Bolton calibre players

His cousin Zeke is doing well in the Subi colts at the moment. Not nearly as smooth as Shai is but lots of room for improvement and hard on the ball.

ECE this years draft goes so deep, that for the first time in " upteen years ", I am not worried about us missing out on a decent midfielder with either the first or second round picks that we currently hold.

We have: One first and two seconds and I believe that we will have good quality players to choose from with all those picks, I would love it if we were able to have spent those three picks and then take dibs on Ethan Regan with our ( actually Sydney's ) third round pick, our fourth pick in this years draft

In most years the draft starts to thin out and tapper off talent wise, around the mid to latter part of the second round.
This year I can see three very solid rounds, before the usual tailing off.

At this point in time, most years I have approximately 4-6 mids that I get excited about and generally they are all off the board, by the time we get to take our first pick, this year I have a list of 12 midfield players all of whom I would be happy to have on our list with - having used our first.

So it going to be interesting to see who else rises up the whiteboards, as history has shown us that every year 3-5 players who are unknowns at this early stage of the season, or come from deep in the second round projections and manage to work their way up the boards to become first rounders..... and yes by way of example.... Bontempelli, Tarranto, Florent and Duursma ... I am talking about players like you.
Add Oliver to that list, he came from the clouds. Obviously because a lot of them didn't play last year, I haven't got my usual feel on players yet. From the limited vision I've seen of a few this year, they look very good prospects. So I'm partially excited at this stage, I'll get more excited as the year goes on and my understanding of the prospects develop.
We say it every year, but we need to fill our boots this year with mids: inside mids, outside mids and balanced mids. So good to hear that there looks to be plenty of good prospects that fit the brief this year.
I think last years haul was great to fill some of the midfield need, Trew will come onto the main list at years end and both Winder and Edwards are looking really good. We absolutely nailed that draft given our bad picks, especially how all 3 have come on early.
The only other position I think we need to fill, is developing key defender. As H. Edwards looks to be developing nicely, but were still a bit thin there.

Lawson Humphries would be good to get late too! Sounds like a promising rebounding defender, good to finally have some good academy prospects.

Say what you want about old mate but has he really screwed up?

I seem to remember the main points being Venables over Powell-Pepper and Ainsworth over Worpel.

Venables was unlucky with concussion but SPP is currently in no-man's land.

Worpel started like a house on fire but has turned into trash. Even more of a ball-butcher than Ainsworth (if that's even possible) and wouldn't be getting a game in our side.

On the flip side, we've pick up Brander, OAllen and Ryan in the same draft.

Yes we could've take Kelly the year before but so could've every club.

Honestly, is he that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back