Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Gazeah78

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Gov has been a liability this year and Gaff has been off the pace. Both have value.
A few weeks ago I would have been dead against this. But today I feel like this could be the right way to go. Dont think Gov would want to go - he is on a good contract. Gaff is the one I reckon but his trade value would have already dropped considerably.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
A few weeks ago I would have been dead against this. But today I feel like this could be the right way to go. Dont think Gov would want to go - he is on a good contract. Gaff is the one I reckon but his trade value would have already dropped considerably.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm the same. I think Gov's days as a A-A CHB are over I don't see him being able to complete a full season, we need to cash in as soon as possible and I'm confident in the likes of Rotham and Brander now to take his position and we also have Harry Edwards who will become good with game time this season.

Gaff like Gov has been a great servant but he's gone missing too many times this season, think it's time to pull the trigger and get two first rounders for him as i'm sure he'll finish the season well.

It won't happen but it's nice to dream. We haven't really put any effort into drafting for a long time.

Last edited:

Dale Doback

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Miami Heat
I'm the same. I think Gov's days as a A-A CHB are over I don't see him being able to complete a full season, we need to cash in as soon as possible and I'm confident in the likes of Rotham and Brander now to take his position and we also have Harry Edwards who will become good with game time this season.

Gaff like Gov has been a great servant but he's gone missing too many times this season, think it's time to pull the trigger and get two first rounders for him as i'm sure he'll finish the season well.

It won't happen but it's nice to dream. We haven't really put any effort into drafting for a long time.
There's no way we trade Gov. He'll retire an eagle for life. He turned 29 9 days ago, is contracted for only 2 more years. His intercepting and pressure down there have covered up the lack of pressure acts and tackling from midfielders like Gaff and Sheed for years. He's also one of the few players on our team with a bit of aggression in him. He's not the problem

Zurgblade

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Our forwards just struggle to find separation which leads to the ball hitting the deck, being contested and rebounding back.

Compare this to forward entries that the Geelong forwards were receiving and it looks like they kept strolling through for marks with little to no pressure.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would be throwing out a second if needed to try and get Pat Lapinski out of the bulldogs. Good pace and skills would be great middle of the ground

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lipinski may be gettable this year, but if there's one strength he doesn't have it's pace. Dude is painfully slow, a lot of our mids just look quicker than they are due to the rapid ball movement

Dale Doback

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Our forwards just struggle to find separation which leads to the ball hitting the deck, being contested and rebounding back.

Compare this to forward entries that the Geelong forwards were receiving and it looks like they kept strolling through for marks with little to no pressure.
That's because there's no pressure coming from our midfielders when we turn it over in our half. I can't ever recall Gaff or Sheed running someone down. Our mids are chalk and cheese compared to Richmond's ferocious tackling to win the ball back.

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

FFS man. It's the midfield. Ball goes inside 50 so infrequently, and so often poorly. Allen, JK and JD deserve medals for not ripping the heads off the midfielders.

Last edited:

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
FFS man. It's the midfield. Ball goes inside 50 so infrequently, and so often poorly. Allen, JK and JD deserve medals for not ripping the heads off the midfielders.
JD was playing for free kicks rather than contesting, he was a massive part of the s**t storm.
Mids went to s**t, but he was equally as bad. Actually pathetic.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I hope we move Venables on to the inactive list(or whatever its called?) And draft the hardest, most prolific ball winner in the state leagues. Even if hes 30 who cares.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I agree, not sure he is ever going to play. If he does it will takes a year to get him up and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back