List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

What are people's thoughts on Hutchings? Does he have any value being retained on the list until the end of the year? Or should we ask him to retire gracefully in front of a Subiaco crowd and then get ourselves a mid-season draft pick? He's been a great servant to the club but is injury prone and probably behind XON, Nelson and Ainsworth. Ledwards, Winder and Trew are all improving. Is his time up?

Option B - retire now.

By the way Hutchings is talked about by the club, i'd say a mid season retirement seems fairly far fetched at this point.

Despite what many on here, including myself want.

Behind closed doors at the club, who knows though. Just think it'd be very UN-West Coast for it to happen.

By the way Hutchings is talked about by the club, i'd say a mid season retirement seems fairly far fetched at this point.

Behind closed doors at the club, who knows though. Just think it'd be very UN-West Coast for it to happen.
Only way it happens is if he makes the call himself imo. Club won’t push him.

A post and not one single mention of a fold.

I am impressed.

What are people's thoughts on Hutchings? Does he have any value being retained on the list until the end of the year? Or should we ask him to retire gracefully in front of a home crowd and then get ourselves a mid-season draft pick? He's been a great servant to the club but is injury prone and probably behind XON, Nelson and Ainsworth. Ledwards, Winder and Trew are all improving. Is his time up?
Despite my defending of him recently i assumed he was only kept on the list so we had someone to delist at seasons end.
Who knows if kennedy and hurn will retire so hutchings and i guess ah chee will be easy choices

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There is that old 'what should happen' and 'what would be best for the club' and 'what will/is likely to happen' going on here.

At best, fully fit, is now fringe to the fringe depth. Therefore...
'what should happen'
Club should have a quiet word with and come to some arrangement.

'what would be best for the club'
Hutch makes decision and puts out a statement that he no longer has the body or desire to play at senior level.

'what will/is likely to happen'
Nothing until the end of the year.

At the end of the year we are looking at losing...
Hurn (almost certain)
JK (more likely than not)
Hutch (either player or club decision)

and then there's the rookies, the fringe, the old guys and so on like Ah Chee, Vardy, Cripps, Venables, Ainsworth.

If this is about Josh Kelly agreeing to that mammoth contract discussed earlier, I think we should keep an eye on a potential second Giants exodus.

If this is about Josh Kelly agreeing to that mammoth contract discussed earlier, I think we should keep an eye on a potential second Giants exodus.
Hope so.

Any team with two x million dollar plus players on the books in our salary capped competition is asking for trouble.
I have no sympathy. Classic case of a problem of their own making.

The only problem seems to be that any Giants overflow tends to work as a recruiting bonanza for the VFL teams. Doesn't seem to work for the Perth or Adelaide teams. I think that young WA/SA boys who move away and live in Sydney for 4-5 have got over the home sickness thing and are just as happy (or even more so) to move to Melbourne.

What are people's thoughts on Hutchings? Does he have any value being retained on the list until the end of the year? Or should we ask him to retire gracefully in front of a home crowd and then get ourselves a mid-season draft pick? He's been a great servant to the club but is injury prone and probably behind XON, Nelson and Ainsworth. Ledwards, Winder and Trew are all improving. Is his time up?
Should have been desisted at the end of 20. 2 years post 18 in no man's land, was long enough.

Unless he plays a game before the bye I can't see him ever playing again. The club shouldn't force him to retire but inform him that he won't be playing again unless our first choice midfield gets wiped out in a plane crash or similar. It may be enough for him to call time on his career. He wouldn't be getting paid much as a rookie anyway and from memory has his own business that he can put time into.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROYAL EAGLE After watching Jye Amiss yesterday, He is alot bigger then he looks at 195cm and 84kg

If he keeps up his form he may be worth a second rounder. Definitely has a lot to work with and is consistent.
We generally don't need a another forward but if he lasts untilthe later rounds he could be someone we look at who has alot of upside

There is 4 very very good KPF in this draft maybe 5 if you include Bazzo
I know we want midfielders but any of these 5 are going to be very very good players
Williams is a powerhouse power athlete with good hands similar to Richmonds Noah Balta but better forward sense
Polson is smart leads well and is good between his knee's
Van Rooyen has got all the buzz and is top ten talent
Then Amiss left footer great kick on goal as a set shot and just works hard has that intangible
Bazzo I like him down back but can play forward, i see him as better talent than Denver Grainger Barrass who went top 7

These 5 are all top 30 talent but will probably slid

I would love one of them for us.

As a mid Kade Dittmar would be wonderful for us nobody on this site in the trades/draft section seems to rate him,
I really do, I think he is another that is top ten talent, criminally underrated.
Having said that with the amount of recruits watching him over the weekend he is a certainty to be drafted, so will probably start to rise in everyone's
pecking order

I know we want midfielders but any of these 5 are going to be very very good players
Williams is a powerhouse power athlete with good hands similar to Richmonds Noah Balta but better forward sense
Then Amiss left footer great kick on goal as a set shot and just works hard has that intangible
Bazzo I like him down back but can play forward, i see him as better talent than Denver Grainger Barrass who went top 7

As a mid Kade Dittmar would be wonderful for us nobody on this site in the trades/draft section seems to rate him,
I really do, I think he is another that is top ten talent, criminally underrated.
Having said that with the amount of recruits watching him over the weekend he is a certainty to be drafted, so will probably start to rise in everyone's
pecking order
Bazoo? Amiss? Van Rooyen? Those are some crazy names 🤣

This board will absolutely crack it if we take another tall with our first. As you say, if they are good enough, it would be worth it though.

There is that old 'what should happen' and 'what would be best for the club' and 'what will/is likely to happen' going on here.

At best, fully fit, is now fringe to the fringe depth. Therefore...
'what should happen'
Club should have a quiet word with and come to some arrangement.

'what would be best for the club'
Hutch makes decision and puts out a statement that he no longer has the body or desire to play at senior level.

'what will/is likely to happen'
Nothing until the end of the year.

At the end of the year we are looking at losing...
Hurn (almost certain)
JK (more likely than not)
Hutch (either player or club decision)

and then there's the rookies, the fringe, the old guys and so on like Ah Chee, Vardy, Cripps, Venables, Ainsworth.

What should happen is Venables put on the LTI list again so we can use a pick in the mid season draft.

Then come the end of the year we have had a look at a possible player of need or kid who missed last draft and then decide to retain Venables pending medical advice and if he wants to continue. As you pointed out we have a host of retirements and fringe players to work with without having to disrupt things too much mid season.

What kid missed last draft due to no season to prove themselves and have bounced back this year as 19 yr olds?

Wonder how Henry Walsh is doing.

Last edited:

pecking order
I hope Amiss can kick straight

Mitch podhajski could be a good pick up mid season as a big bodied mid.
I wanted us to take him in the rookie draft and wouldve been handy so far this year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

In the BF Draft and Trades Board: in the NAB League Boys Break Mock Draft.
I took Dittmar in the mock with West Coasts third round pick.

I also gave Jye Amiss and Jack Avery a pretty good shout out in the thread as well.

For what its worth, I rate Dittmar very highly and think he will be a riser as the season progresses.
Goal kicking mids are keenly sought after, as their skill set, is as scarce as rocking horse s**t.

RE do you think Amiss can play at both ends of the ground ?

To my way of thinking I would like us to take two mids with our two first picks and then if a KPP was available with the second of our second rounders I would not be displeased if we took one ..... preferably one who can play as a KPD or both ends, would be even better.

Then with our third round pick go best available ( other than another HBF ).

I think Ethan Regan will slide past the third round and we can pick the NGA kid up, at a latter point in the draft should we need to match a bid.

Last edited:
would
In the BF Draft and Trades Board: in the NAB League Boys Break Mock Draft.
I took Dittmar in the mock with West Coasts third round pick.

I also gave Jye Amiss and Jack Avery a pretty good shout out in the thread as well.

For what its worth, I rate Dittmar very highly and think he will be a riser as the season progresses.
Goal kicking mids are keenly sought after, as their skill set, is as scarce as rocking horse sh*t.

RE do you think Amiss can play at both ends of the ground ?

To my way of thinking I would like us to take two mids with our two first picks and then if a KPP was available with the second of our second rounders I would not be displeased if we took one ..... preferably one who can play as a KPD or both ends, would be even better.

Then with our third round pick go best available ( other than another HBF ).

I think Ethan Regan will slide past the third round and we can pick the NGA kid up, at a latter point in the draft should we need to match a bid.

I agree, 2 mids and Jye Amiss would be perfect, in any order would be ok with me, like: best mid, Jye Amiss, mid again.

Hope so.

Any team with two x million dollar plus players on the books in our salary capped competition is asking for trouble.
I have no sympathy. Classic case of a problem of their own making.

Unfortunately the AFL will bail them out of any serious issues.

Get Gaffe to teach him.

Monocle The West have an articel about TB's younger bro Ted. I'm assuming he's next years lot but is he one for the future or just getting attention cause he is Tom's bro?

He has done much better than I expected and I expect him to retire with his premiership medallion at the end of the year. Why when we are so short of depth in that area? Reliability. His 2021 has been non-existent due to injury and he was a liability in 2020 going down so early in 2 games leaving us stranded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back