List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Monocle The West have an articel about TB's younger bro Ted. I'm assuming he's next years lot but is he one for the future or just getting attention cause he is Tom's bro?

A5 I haven't seen him play, so I cant give a definitive answer, but I would suspect that at this point in time is more a " brother Of " story.

His late father Tony was a well respected journalist with the West Australian, so the sports jurno's there will be giving him good coverage.

There is 4 very very good KPF in this draft maybe 5 if you include Bazzo
I know we want midfielders but any of these 5 are going to be very very good players
Williams is a powerhouse power athlete with good hands similar to Richmonds Noah Balta but better forward sense
Polson is smart leads well and is good between his knee's
Van Rooyen has got all the buzz and is top ten talent
Then Amiss left footer great kick on goal as a set shot and just works hard has that intangible
Bazzo I like him down back but can play forward, i see him as better talent than Denver Grainger Barrass who went top 7
I also rate Luke Taylor (Sam's younger brother) but more like a second rounder. He can play both ends.

There is 4 very very good KPF in this draft maybe 5 if you include Bazzo
I know we want midfielders but any of these 5 are going to be very very good players
Williams is a powerhouse power athlete with good hands similar to Richmonds Noah Balta but better forward sense
Polson is smart leads well and is good between his knee's
Van Rooyen has got all the buzz and is top ten talent
Then Amiss left footer great kick on goal as a set shot and just works hard has that intangible
Bazzo I like him down back but can play forward, i see him as better talent than Denver Grainger Barrass who went top 7

These 5 are all top 30 talent but will probably slid

I would love one of them for us.
The "pundits" in Melbourne are calling it a draft light on for talls but with plenty of mids. I am not sure I agree with them as we are seeing just in WA a number of talls really show their stuff at Colts and I suspect the "lack of KPP" shouts are because we did not see much football in 2020.

Happy to take a tall this year. In fact I think we have been very good at taking a tall most years. Happy we are sitting with 2 R2 picks as I expect some decent quality in the second round. I am still very keen on going for a midfielder with our first rounder. Sheed was the last time we did this and that was 8 years ago.

How many of the 5 WA talls will be there for a pick in the 30's? I am thinking there will be at least 2.

The "pundits" in Melbourne are calling it a draft light on for talls but with plenty of mids. I am not sure I agree with them as we are seeing just in WA a number of talls really show their stuff at Colts and I suspect the "lack of KPP" shouts are because we did not see much football in 2020.

Happy to take a tall this year. In fact I think we have been very good at taking a tall most years. Happy we are sitting with 2 R2 picks as I expect some decent quality in the second round. I am still very keen on going for a midfielder with our first rounder. Sheed was the last time we did this and that was 8 years ago.

How many of the 5 WA talls will be there for a pick in the 30's? I am thinking there will be at least 2.

For the first time in a while we have a bit of flexibility to trade up also. 2 x 2nd round picks (assuming in the mid 30's) might get us mid-to-late 20's if there is a player we really rate (probably a tall, and if so, with our history of taking talls around that level I'd be happy to back the recruiters in!)

Teams may also assume we drop off in 2022 (and we may well... hopefully not) so our future 1st might have some additional value (recently it has been assumed at pick 18 for any futures trading). So potentially any team wanting out of the 1st round might be willing to swap 1sts with us (future for current).

Are any of the young west Aussie KPPs pushing 200cm? Itd be handy to have a really tall forward with waterman and Allen extremely mobile and versatile

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

No Max King height KPFs that I'm aware of. Not that I think we need one that tall.

Another of Allen/JK height would be preferred imo as they can apply ground level pressure as well as clunk pack marks and cover more ground.

I do believe we need another one coming through who is a genuine threat to the opposition though, so they aren't just focused on Allen once JK retires.

Like how JD and JK were/are able to split the tall defenders, giving each more one on one's.

So Carlton has too many mids and Eagles have not enough.

"To sum everything up, Carlton has constructed a list of on-ballers and hasn’t yet worked out how to satiate them all.

We haven’t even mentioned Matthew Kennedy, Liam Stocker, Brodie Kemp, Zac Fisher and Jack Martin."

They have too many on-ballers and not enough centre bounce opportunities to share around.
On the weekend, Sam Petrevski-Seton finally returned to some semblance of a midfield role for the Blues and played his best game of the year.

This was only possible because he was substituted on for a midfielder, Paddy Dow.

Petrevski-Seton had been dropped following 18 months of indifferent form in the back half and one week back on the wing.

The former top-10 draft pick looked engaged, hit the contest hard and had 14 disposals playing essentially half of the game.

He only attended three centre bounces, but it was still a prominent midfield role that reinvigorated him.

Maybe the Blues and Eagles can help balance the others list over the next few trade periods?

Are any of the young west Aussie KPPs pushing 200cm? Itd be handy to have a really tall forward with waterman and Allen extremely mobile and versatile

What is Bailey Williams? He is taller than JK and Oscar.

If anything we need another genuine ruck 200+ cm to bring in.

After Nic we have Jamison and then forward / rucks in Vardy and Williams. Vardy is almost done and Nic is 30. :drunk: :drunk: :$

Hence mentioning Harry Walsh as a mid season pick up. Geelong Falcon and bro of the Blues Walsh. We get him in for nothing, develop him and either a) he comes good and stays b) isn't up to it but cost us very little or c) comes good and we build trade currency to land a Vic based WA lad.

No one drafts and develops tall's as good as we do. We are short on rucks. Let get the best one available and do our thing.

No to any of Carlton under perfuming mids.

That is a very simplistic way of assessing players.

They have so many mids being pushed forward or playing outside their preferred positions or are stuck in the 2nds it isn't funny.

Pretty difficult to develop and excel when being played out of position or waiting for an injury.

Low cost high reward why not consider one of them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a very simplistic way of assessing players.

They have so many mids being pushed forward or playing outside their preferred positions or are stuck in the 2nds it isn't funny.

Pretty difficult to develop and excel when being played out of position or waiting for an injury.

Low cost high reward why not consider one of them?

True.

SPS is being played down back when he is best position if probably in the midfield. My memory of him a few years ago under Bolton was he played mainly midfield but wasnt a hard at it and wasnt a high disposal getter.

I could be a bit harsh i guess as he is still young so he MIGHT have some improvment in him.

After Nic we have Jamison and then forward / rucks in Vardy and Williams. Vardy is almost done and Nic is 30. :drunk: :drunk: :$

Hence mentioning Harry Walsh as a mid season pick up. Geelong Falcon and bro of the Blues Walsh. We get him in for nothing, develop him and either a) he comes good and stays b) isn't up to it but cost us very little or c) comes good and we build trade currency to land a Vic based WA lad.

No one drafts and develops tall's as good as we do. We are short on rucks. Let get the best one available and do our thing.
Yeah i think if we have other ruck options williams could definitely move forward permanently.
But i highly doubt that if we take part in the mid season draft we'll take a tall.
We'll take an inside mid you wouldve thought, someone who can help immediately as we push towards finals

Yeah i think if we have other ruck options williams could definitely move forward permanently.
But i highly doubt that if we take part in the mid season draft we'll take a tall.
We'll take an inside mid you wouldve thought, someone who can help immediately as we push towards finals

And that is the $ 000,000 question.

Do we take someone in the mid season draft to have an immediate impact OR do we look longer term and try a 19 yr old who missed out in the 2020 draft after no 2020 u18 season but has impressed?

Do we reach for the next Tim Kelly mature age player?

Either way it's another way to bring in another pick albeit one on players who have been overlooked.

Big yes to Fisher but I suspect he'd be higher on their list than many of the other flops they've recruited. We'd have a better chance of getting Dow or O'Brien IMO and they were top 10 picks.

The 5 Royal Eagle posted on are all sub 200 - around the 195/196 mark. That said, who knows where they will finish up by the end of the year.

Justin Davies at Dandy Stingrays is an absolute competitive beast key defender, I'd be very interested in him with our second, second round pick. He's 194cm but moves well and can play on talls and smalls, nice left footer too.
In game vs Sandy he went fwd and kicked a goal too. But loved watching this guy compete, he's a gun.
At Haileybury, which is coached by Matty Llyods and is producing plenty of footballers.

200 is the 196 of three years ago. Are we looking for 202+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back