List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Also going to be harder now to pry Deven Robertson out of there

This real from Mitch Robinson???

1630840314554.png

Not sure Neale now fits our age profile as we desperately need youth. We also desperately need class mids but Brissy would have to pay a fair whack of his contract.

I'd rather hit the draft, load up on young talent early and maybe pick up someone like Lentini later.

I also don't really get the Clark obsession. He is quick but that's not enough.
Neale requested a trade.
There's no way in hell Brisbane would be prepared to pay any of his salary I'd imagine.

Last edited:
perfect for us running off half back, could play the jetta position well. Unfortunately Witherden isnt offering us much at all
Bit hard on Witherden.
Looked pretty good when he was given a go. Injuries at the wrong time and of significant duration didn't help either.

Round 5 vs Collingwood (30 disposals, 9 marks and 4 tackles), Round 9 vs Adelaide (30 disposals, 12 marks) and Round 22 vs Fremantle (25 disposals, 6 marks and a goal). were pretty good games, with the gaps between them full of injury outs.

Averaged 22 possies per game with 7 marks.

I think he showed a lot and if he gets a good run of non-injured time he'll be more than solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit hard on Witherden.
Looked pretty good when he was given a go. Injuries at the wrong time and of significant duration didn't help either.

Round 5 vs Collingwood (30 disposals, 9 marks and 4 tackles), Round 9 vs Adelaide (30 disposals, 12 marks) and Round 22 vs Fremantle (25 disposals, 6 marks and a goal). were pretty good games, with the gaps between them full of injury outs.

Averaged 22 possies per game with 7 marks.

I think he showed a lot and if he gets a good run of non-injured time he'll be more than solid.
I think Witherden will make a decent player. That said he will need to get better as a defender too.

So we should find out who is being sacked this week. Call it list management but reality is that we will have a minimum 4 if not 8 players leave the club a probably leave their career behind.

Venables - already announced
Ainsworth - pretty damn obvious
Vardy - cooked
Hutchings - cooked
Ah Chee - had enough chances and cannot justify him

Ben Johnson - may get a rookie reprieve
Jamieson - borderline but likely to get a rookie spot

Brander - who knows but expecting him to be traded for something well short of pick 13

Hurn and JK - likely playing on but don’t worry, we will pick up Bethany Aged Care as a new sponsor to help restore the profits and top up the credits in the bank

So we should find out who is being sacked this week. Call it list management but reality is that we will have a minimum 4 if not 8 players leave the club a probably leave their career behind.

Venables - already announced
Ainsworth - pretty damn obvious
Vardy - cooked
Hutchings - cooked
Ah Chee - had enough chances and cannot justify him

Ben Johnson - may get a rookie reprieve
Jamieson - borderline but likely to get a rookie spot

Brander - who knows but expecting him to be traded for something well short of pick 13

Hurn and JK - likely playing on but don’t worry, we will pick up Bethany Aged Care as a new sponsor to help restore the profits and top up the credits in the bank

Ac chee is an interesting one, played really well in his few games this year but destroyed by injury. Dare I say a one year contract?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ac chee is an interesting one, played really well in his few games this year but destroyed by injury. Dare I say a one year contract?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No contract from my POV, has been in the AFL system for maybe 10 years? Just not quite there, how many times have we all seen AhChee almost take that great mark, but not.
Time to move on.

If Ah Chee gets yet another season at AFL level i'm supporting GWS and will straight up apologize about Brander.

Today's the day boiz :westcoast::toilet:

After sitting through the most frustrating and disappointing season i've ever experienced as a member or fan of the club, a season which promised so much going in with 10 All Australians and watching them dish up pathetic effort after pathetic effort, even getting torched by bottom teams at our home ground...

I'm absolutely chomping at the bit to see the axe swing and the list get more cut than Zyzz. It's already started with some coaches getting moved on (thank the lord), now it's time to double down and get rid of some of this deadwood which has been adding nothing.

2021 was embarrassing to be a West Coast member. Let's flush the toilet on it and reload, or 2022 is going to be even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back