List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

We paid for Chris Judd and got Chad Fletcher if you ask me (not similar player types, just similar impacts on the team for us)

We would of got 3 more average spuds in our WAFL side instead. That is St Kilda thinking. Always in rebuild and forever putting kids on your list. Never win anything doing that.

Ill go with top 70ish to be honest. He is probably in 60-80 and that #60 while being generous My top 100 is out of sheer rage at that trade if im being honest.

I do not understand one bit how peoples blood does not boil at this trade

But what did we actually give up?

Cooper Stephens, Jeremy Sharp and Ryan Angwin

I get that in 2019 we would have had the chance to go for Georgiades and/or Robertson - but at the end of the day the above is who was taken at our picks.

So far, we are winning.

Jack Darling form has been crap all season, I would trade him out without a second thought.

I get that in 2019 we would have had the chance to go for Georgiades and/or Robertson - but at the end of the day the above is who was taken at our picks.

So far, we are winning.

Im equally as concerned about the salary we gave up. We could do some serious damage if we had the salary cap room this off season. For example lets say we got Robertson and Sharp. What if we then added Clark + Petrevski Seton too?

It's West Coasts and Vozzo the stupid kent's fault for overpaying for Kelly, it's not Tim's.

Paid the highest price for a player in AFL history. Despite being his teams 3rd-4th best mid, who had similar numbers to Dom Sheed at the time.

The pain would be lessened if our game plan allowed him to hit the scoreboard a bit more. It's becoming increasingly common we're taking the best part of a players game and killing it with overcoaching and slow game style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo have made some bad moves in their day but having those 2 attached to the cerra deal would be terrible. Cerra should get them at least 1 first rounder maybe more. Mcgovern is an overpaid hack who some ppl around these parts wanted for us just because of his bro while SPS has done next to nothing other than go backwards.
Mcgovern wont even be in the league once his current contract expires
If freo have 2 first rounders use 1 for neale and 1 for Amiss

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I'm not saying swap sps and mitch for cerra .
They would be the steak knives .

Freo would still expect pick 6 along with that .

If SPS was on a low salary and played the inside mid role he should be playing he could be a bargain

Mitch McGovern still looks a good player when not injured. The problem is the 750k salary he is on .

If freo only had to pay him 400k a year for the next 2 until his contract expires (Carlton pay 350k )it doesn't seem anywhere near as bad a deal as Carlton has with him .

Freo's forward line sucks .

Lobb wants out and they rob walters from the forward line to play midfield and insist on fyfe resting forward . Its a bloody mess .

If they were to pick up Amiss with their first .
Forward line of
HF walters Tabiner Henry
F Schultz Treacy McGovern

Amiss is developing

Midfield of
C young Brayshaw Mundy
Foll Darcy Fyfe Sorong

Last edited:
We could have also added Wolverine. He hasn't got a particularly penetrating kick but he's very durable and you should see the f***er charge through packs.

1VNh.gif

Not sure how he would go at the tribunal though

We could have also added Wolverine. He hasn't got a particularly penetrating kick but he's very durable and you should see the f***er charge through packs.

Also for the old timers on this board

+Wolverine
-Juggernaut

It's West Coasts and Vozzo the stupid kent's fault for overpaying for Kelly, it's not Tim's.

Paid the highest price for a player in AFL history. Despite being his teams 3rd-4th best mid, who had similar numbers to Dom Sheed at the time.

The pain would be lessened if our game plan allowed him to hit the scoreboard a bit more. It's becoming increasingly common we're taking the best part of a players game and killing it with overcoaching and slow game style.

What did Geelong pay for Cameron?

Jack Darling form has been crap all season, I would trade him out without a second thought.
Kicked 40+ goals and played every game .
Sure he had a poor back end of the season but going off reports he was playing injured and our midfield failed to get the ball into our forward line enough .

Most teams would kill for a 2nd tall forward who averaged 5 marks and 2 goals a game especially with his accuracy.

So looks like Swans have screwed the pooch on their salary cap management, which is why they are struggling to get Parker signed again.

They will likely get that done for Parker, but it means the like of Hewett, Dawson and Stephens are gettable with the Crows already being heavily linked to get Stephens home.

What did Geelong pay for Cameron?

Yeah i was expecting that to come up.

Pretty sure the Kelly one still holds the mantle due to the 2nds coming back to Geelong from GWS in the Cameron trade.

13, 15 and 20 (Future 4th they also included but Geelong likely won't use)

For

Cameron + 30, 32.

Kinda hard to keep track, there's so much swapping these days.

So far, we are winning.

No most on here wanted more kids for our WAFL side.

Would we look at Lobb?? He wanted to come to us originally? Could be a good second ruck that can play forward? Makes us bloody tall though which is always an issue

Massive upgrade on vardy, I just don’t think we can afford him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back