List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Lol he was our most consistent best performing midfielder of not player of the squad.
Also we are talking about a club with over 100k supporters, the richest club in the league that can’t pay their elite players a good wage.
Whats a supporter base got to do with it? Theres a salary cap so even crappy teams will pay right up to that I'd assume.
He's not holding the club to ransom
What miguel said

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

" Schofield, head of strategy and stoppage, and Knights, who will be in charge of the midfield, have senior roles within the coaching structure as the club plots its way forward. "

Both of them have a hand over the way the Midfield functions, thank $^%# for that. Hopefully we see a vast improvement in there in the next few years.

How much longer can Kellys contract be debated?
Yeah theres no real point to it is there, kellys here for the long haul now and I'm sure with a different midfield coach he'll prove his worth.
McGovern's height on the other hand...

Still, we were a recently flag winning team with a bunch of current All Australians (4 in 2019 and another 3 in the AA squad) and some of the biggest names going round in 2019.
To give a 'veteran' of two seasons one of the biggest contracts at the club seems like an error in negotiation.

To be fair though, we seem to be very limp dicked in both trading and contract negotiations lately.

Keep in mind the club probably thought we would be finishing top 4/2 during the period we gave up draft picks.

It's a reverse of the Suns trade, they expected us to be s**t and we weren't. We didn't expect to be with Kelly but we kinda sucked.

Backended. He now heads into a few years of insane wages.

So? That's what a backended deal is used for, we probably have some who were heavily front loaded heading into leaner salary.

Based on this article there’s at least 25 players that earned more than him this season just gone.
And that kind of coin is reserved for sustained game changing abilities, 5 years or more.

I rate Kelly except I think he's a little soft in contested ball.

But no way on that coin. We bent over the table and relished many pineapples being shoved up our clacker.

And that kind of coin is reserved for sustained game changing abilities, 5 years or more.

I rate Kelly except I think he's a little soft in contested ball.

But no way on that coin. We bent over the table and relished many pineapples being shoved up our clacker.
Gaff and mcgovern have had prolonged periods as elite in their positions ( yes i think gaff has been an elite wingman) and everyone is still whinging about their contracts
Whole offenses had to be devised to get around mcgovern
Itd be interesting to see which players have been elite game changers for 5 or more years and continued to be so for the next 5 or more years or the duration of their whopper contracts

Did you see who’s on that highest-paid list?

Coniglio, Brad Hill, Heeney, Daniher, Zac Williams, Cameron, Sloane, Wines, Weitering…

I think you need players that can win the hard ball and release him to do what he does best. Without that we'll never get the Geeling version of TK.
This is where Dom needs to pull his finger out. throughout his career he has looked absolutely great on the inside (2018 finals and alot of 2019) or totally lackluster. We just can’t rely on Yeo and an aging Shuey to do tye heavy stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see who’s on that highest-paid list?

Coniglio, Brad Hill, Heeney, Daniher, Zac Williams, Cameron, Sloane, Wines, Weitering…
To be honest some of those names are a perfect example of why you shouldn’t give gigantic contracts to players.

There seem to be too many examples of players getting these contracts and either not living up to them or the pressure and expectation of the contract affects their performance.

Would love to see a study on it, showing relationships between performance and mindset before and after high profile, high value contracts.

The best players most likely to succeed come in the top 20 picks in the draft.

We normally only get 1 pick in the top 20.

So how does spending $80k on pick 58 give us the 'same chance of a player making it'? It doesn't.

In fact we could spend 4 x $80 k on players picked up in the 3rd round and none of them making it.

You want access to top 20 picks you pay by being crap and getting draft picks or with $$$.
You write as if Clark is a star. He's maybe 24th or 25th best player on the cats list.

It's lineball whether he, or pick 58 or whatever in this draft are more likely to end up the better player.

So yeah, both are a massive gamble/risk - but one is $800k ($400kpa) one is $160k($80kpa). With a tight salary cap it seems an easy decision.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

" Schofield, head of strategy and stoppage, and Knights, who will be in charge of the midfield, have senior roles within the coaching structure as the club plots its way forward. "

Both of them have a hand over the way the Midfield functions, thank $^%# for that. Hopefully we see a vast improvement in there in the next few years.
Hopefully O'Brien this year draft midfielders instead of half flankers

Although Gaff doesn't have the same impact as before you can't question he's availability. Almost can pencil him to play every week and puts up insane GPS numbers that no one else on the team can match.

Cops way too much - I’d back him up to bounce back to his best when he has at least one of his mates in the middle playing consistently good footy.

Cops way too much - I’d back him up to bounce back to his best when he has at least one of his mates in the middle playing consistently good footy.
For starters he should never attend a centre bounce ever and play only the outside. But no doubt if Shuey and Yeo are playing thats when Gaff plays at he's best.

There seem to be too many examples of players getting these contracts and either not living up to them or the pressure and expectation of the contract affects their performance.

Would love to see a study on it, showing relationships between performance and mindset before and after high profile, high value contracts.
How many of us let ourselves go when we landed the chick of our dreams ?🖐

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back