List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I don’t get the ‘trade Gaff’ hypotheticals.

- we would get bugger all back in a trade anyways due to his age, salary and Covid concerns with other clubs. Like which other club could fit him in without us doing a Treloar?

- nobody of quality is rumoured to want and/or available to come to us, so what are we clearing cap space for?

- we’re not expected to lose anyone we really want due to a tight cap so is keeping Gaff an issue?

- Gaff isn’t taking Sheeds spot on the wing. Sheed can always rotate on the HFF. The onus is also on Sheed to fire the F up and reach another level.

- Gaff is a All Australian level wingman. Do we understand these actually don’t grow on trees even though we’ve been blessed throughout our history?

- There would be riots from all your grandmas if we traded him. Ok that might be crap humour but Gaffy was loyal to us when all signs pointed to him leaving. I think that’s worth more than just dollars and cents (I.e. fabric/culture, etc).

- I’ll also back him to get back to AA level form next year on a WING (Simmo get him out of the middle) with a fully fit starting OB.

Anyways, carry on.

. He does nothing at high pace and seems to have lost his run and carry. This is not the player I thought we had drafted.

And that is 100% on Simpson and the game plan......NOT Rotham.

I've read that pre draft Rotham got drafted because of his speed and rebound off half back. Something we dearly lack and need. But that is not our game plan is it. So guess what, just like Brander Simo has tasked Rotham to play an unnatural game style.

Just like Brander.

And people criticise the player for following instructions?

I don’t get the ‘trade Gaff’ hypotheticals.

- we would get bugger all back in a trade anyways due to his age, salary and Covid concerns with other clubs. Like which other club could fit him in without us doing a Treloar?

- nobody of quality is rumoured to want and/or available to come to us, so what are we clearing cap space for?

- we’re not expected to lose anyone we really want due to a tight cap so is keeping Gaff an issue?

- Gaff isn’t taking Sheeds spot on the wing. Sheed can always rotate on the HFF. The onus is also on Sheed to fire the F up and reach another level.

- Gaff is a All Australian level wingman. Do we understand these actually don’t grow on trees even though we’ve been blessed throughout our history?

- There would be riots from all your grandmas if we traded him. Ok that might be crap humour but Gaffy was loyal to us when all signs pointed to him leaving. I think that’s worth more than just dollars and cents (I.e. fabric/culture, etc).

- I’ll also back him to get back to AA level form next year on a WING (Simmo get him out of the middle) with a fully fit starting OB.

Anyways, carry on.

So yet another player being tasked to play outside his natural position and role. Gaff on ball or playing the distributor from defense.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm a bit of a trend here isn't there?

So yet another player being tasked to play outside his natural position and role. Gaff on ball or playing the distributor from defense.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm a bit of a trend here isn't there?
Not sure if it's because of the injuries but Simpson attributed our success in 2018 to playing players in their natural positions instead of attempting to make them a jack of all trades like he did in '16 and '17.

Not sure why the club went away from that and I do hope it was solely due to injuries and nothing else, because it clearly doesn't work with our players.

He's also often playing on the wrong opponent. Should be on a Cameron, Betts, Ryan, pickett ste forward. He's our fastest defender, and tall enough to challenge those guys aerially.

Nowhere near big enough to take a Mihochek, Mcstay etc.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mihochek is 192 cm and Rotham is 193 cm!!!

Whateley

@WhateleySEN

·
2m

@Sammy__Edmund
: "Rory Lobb has two years to run on a contract worth around $700,000 a season. He's open to a move, though it will be difficult to engineer in the current financial climate."

LOL he is on $700k and wants to move... haha

Not sure if it's because of the injuries but Simpson attributed our success in 2018 to playing players in their natural positions instead of attempting to make them a jack of all trades like he did in '16 and '17.

Not sure why the club went away from that and I do hope it was solely due to injuries and nothing else, because it clearly doesn't work with our players.

Spot on - I've also wondered why he steered away from the positional players, perhaps without Rioli/Venables for those HFF positions he had to go back to midfielders plugging the gap.

Spot on - I've also wondered why he steered away from the positional players, perhaps without Rioli/Venables for those HFF positions he had to go back to midfielders plugging the gap.

I reckon he tried, and it resulted in us drafting guys like Cubehead Reid and the Phantom Treacy in the wake of Willie's suspension.

Unfortunately, they were s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whateley
@WhateleySEN

·
2m

@Sammy__Edmund
: "Rory Lobb has two years to run on a contract worth around $700,000 a season. He's open to a move, though it will be difficult to engineer in the current financial climate."

LOL he is on $700k and wants to move... haha

... I don't want to hear any more complaining about Kelly's contract. $700k a year for Lobb.

... I don't want to hear any more complaining about Kelly's contract. $700k a year for Lobb.
But but but.... Kelly was the worst trade ever and he's chewing up all of our salary cap and he's the reason for anything and everything that went wrong in 2021. He is the reason we have no future and can't afford to land a decent player until at least 2050. He is the reason we should fold the club.

or even Gaff on 800....

I actually thought Lobb had only been on their list for 2 years but turns out he is entering his 4th year.

His games and goals in that time:

21 - 13 games - 20 goals
20 - 17 games - 10 goals
19 - 15 games - 13 goals - Did ruck a fair bit that year

Not sure if any of our half backs have his speed, that is something we have definitely lacked in recent times, or atleast someone who isn't afraid to use it and take the game on.

I don't think it's the run and dash which is our issue.
It's the game plan which doesn't encourage it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back