List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Is it us holding things up or is another club into him?

Or they are waiting to balance the books once JK and Hurn finalize $$$ and the others.
Seems to me like we’re trying to finalise contracts for JK, Hurn, Redden and Duggan before moving onto the likes of Brander, Rotham, Foley, Jones and perhaps O’Neill

I come in peace.

Some rumours getting about regarding Liam Duggan and North, obviously with the Rawlings connection there also.

How do you rate him?

I come in peace.

Some rumours getting about regarding Liam Duggan and North, obviously with the Rawlings connection there also.

How do you rate him?

His mrs doesnt want to leave Perth so i would be suprised if he is leaving.

Eagles rate him highly and if he gets back to his pre-injury/ fill in mid he is a very good player.

I come in peace.

How do you rate him?

Regarded as future captain material internally fwiw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I come in peace.

How do you rate him?
Superstar of the game, will trade you him for Tarryn Thomas, you should probably throw in a first rounder, but we'll settle for a second.

Do you have a bit of a cap squeeze? Seems as if he's been in negotiations for around 6-7 months and been close to resigning that entire time?

Doesn't everyone?

Reoccurring knee issues ended this season for him.

He is valued but difficult to $$$ value. If you get what I mean. Solid B+ player but not the same level as your highest paid stars

Do you have a bit of a cap squeeze? Seems as if he's been in negotiations for around 6-7 months and been close to resigning that entire time?
Probably waiting on the delistings and confirmed e squad sizes before re-signing I imagine. Having those done and dusted would give a clear picture as to the size of his contract.

27 is an odd cutoff - I don’t think many people would say Sheed, Barrass and Rioli are contributing to our old, slow list.

10 guys over 30 is definitely a worry.
Why 27?
I wanted only 3 groups and I figure that 22 and under (a cluster of 4 years) represents the emerging young talent.
28 and older felt like a cut off whereby the player has no development left and are your senior players who are hardened and you know what you get. It also highlights what who will be drawing to a close in future years. It also reflects your leaders.
Therefore 23 to 27 is your core of payers in and around 100 -150 games and will be your mainstay in the next 5 years.

What does it tell me?
1. Surprise surprise we have not prioritised our midfield at the draft in the past 7 years. We have names in boxes but not a single first round mid since Sheed.
2. We have a great bunch of leaders in the oldest bracket - why did they not address the sook up in 2020? Why do they not lead on the field better and ensure we do not get run over (2021 games v Saints, Doggies x 2, Norf, etc)
3. our 23 to 27 year olds do not cry out as leaders. Duggan continues to do it off field but there is SFA shown by this group on field.
4. Talls - in a 6 years period, Barrass was our only tall added to the list. Some inconsistency with youth and a big drop off is a possibility.
5. The real cost of the Kelly draft was both in the salary cap and in the loss of 2019 draft cohort talent (we have nobody on our list in that age group). If I take the 3 obvious selections with the 2019 and 2020 picks we handed over. I assumed we take the best available WA mid on the table and with those picks and we could have on our list Robertson, Sharp, Warner and O'Driscoll instead of Kelly. Ouch.

Here is what our list could look like if we did not take Kelly (changes in yellow). I assumed we did not need West as an emergency WAFL level player.
1631857573787.png

Same here. Don't mind the idea of getting a guy a touch before they're ready ( and in his positional instance) having him trying to replace Sheppard in 2023, but if we're only gonna delist 3 months later ( & after he trained with the club over summer!) - why didn't we pick Jack Avery instead????
Avery didnt nominate

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I come in peace.

How do you rate him?
He just won clubman of the year and is deep in finalising a new contract plus has a WA partner.

Not saying it is not possible but I suspect he isn't going to Norf

I mean, sure, if you want to live in an alternate reality. Averaged 20 touches for the year and was a consistent player for the outfit.

and He didn’t win b&F with those stats?
Consistent player in a team that won a handful of games doesn’t translate to AFL standard player. All respect to him and the service he provided, but he looked a long way off impacting at WAFL level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back