List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Agree and gives us greater flexibility.

Cant wait for Willie to return + Ryan at full fitness to give us some extra pace in the forward half. Ryan was having a Jetta like season late last year with his risky kicks to our FF's. Willie also does this so fingers crossed he gets his body in shape.

Also if we have goal kickers in Kelly and Shuey up forward then we are more dangerous and harder to stop.

Get inside mids on the inside (Redden, Yeo, West and SPS) and rotate Kelly and Shuey off a HFF with Willie pinch hitting late in quarters.

Gaff on one wing, Sheed on the other (slower but run all day and accumulate)

He's an out of contract player, that has been jerked around by the club, and wants to play in WA for the Eagles. If they demand one of our second rounders let him walk to the preseaon draft. No team outside of WA will pick him and Freo won't pick him if he makes it clear he wants to be an Eagle.
Exactly. Vicbias on their end....its redonkulous

3rd round pick is pretty reasonable considering SPS isnt in their best 25.

$100 says we will roll over and offer a 2nd round pick for SPS and play him HALF FORWARD FLANK.
Bloody hope not 2nd round is a joke. I'd only give pick 65. SPS hasn't done anything in 4 years. Be the most stupid decision the club's done if they did that for a fringe Carlton player.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Riveting viewing.

My favourite part was when people forgot what they were arguing about and then continued with it anyway.

I give it 2 stars - it had the makings of a good start but fell into confusion and petered out thereafter - much like our season really.

Expecting more energy to be devoted to melts over the coming weeks.
Flogglebox - where the gogglers get to have a crack at each other, and the viewers laugh at all of the flogs!

The old four-way trade

Geelong gain: Brander
Geelong lose: Clark

Carlton gain: Cerra
Carlton lose: pick 6, SPS

West Coast gain: SPS
West Coast lose: Brander

Fremantle gain: pick 6, Clark
Fremantle lose: Cerra

Chuck in some other picks to balance it out.

Thought of a four-way trade involving us. Hear me out for a bit:

Geelong In: Brander, Pick 27
Geelong Out: Clark, Pick 52

Carlton In: Cerra, Pick 49, Future 3rd (WC)
Carlton Out: SPS, Pick 6, Pick 61

Freo In: Clark, Pick 6
Freo Out: Cerra, Pick 27

West Coast In: SPS, Pick 61, Pick 52
West Coast Out: Brander, Pick 49, Future 3rd (WC)

Used the Witherden trade as reference for SPS. Thoughts?

So Freo get pick 6 for Cerra, and give up pick 27 for Clarke, expect they'll be hoping for (and should get) more for Cerra. Also, pick 27 for Clarke is steep given he has shown zero at AFL level.

West Coast is basically swapping SPS for Brander based on that trade proposal. Not sure want to give away future picks. Could live with that if Brander is really leaving :'(

You are looking at it from player a is better than player b. In order for us to progress, these players need to reach A grade level to replace likes of yeo and only way is to take chance via the draft.

We know what sps can do. He is a complimentary player at best and not the inside mid to take on the heavies of afl. If you want to remain mid table then yes you salivatate over the likes of sps.

I want players that can come in and displace, say, the likes of redden. Then redden displaces the likes of Ainsworth etc. what you are after is someone to simply replace the likes of Ainsworth and that’s a nett zero benefit because you still have someone that isn’t making a difference.

If you can’t bring in big players due to salary cap, then you draft. And you keep drafting till you get the good players to displace the current 22.
I’m not sure the equation is ‘will SPS become an A-Grader’.
It’s ‘does SPS have a higher chance of contributing/being an A grader than the player we’d take at the traded pick’.

Based on how we draft after about 25, I think it’s worth the punt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic- but thoughts on Will Gould? SA boy who was largely compared to Shannon Hurn when he was drafted. Big boy with a lethal boot and seems to be out of favour?

Pretty sure he just signed an extension last week

SPS is a completely different player to ryan and rioli .

Unless SPS plays inside mid i wouldn't trade for him .

Then who does he displace as an inside mid ?

We have shuey yeo Kelly sheed redden all inside

Exactly what I have also been saying. He isn’t going to come to wce to play in his seemingly preferred position.

Wce fans on here just like the idea of pick ) coming back and us transforming him into this beautiful swan and we ridicule Carlton forever.

Reality is he can’t get a game for Carlton, who aren’t exactly filled with a lot of midfielders either.

Edwards was upgraded last year.
I had a search and could not find where Harry had been upgraded. It only talks about extending and the VaFL made a change that you could extend without upgrading. The club no longer states rookie or senior player on the list. Do you have an article?

BOND 007 - any words of wisdom as to rookie or senior list?

Last edited:
Exactly what I have also been saying. He isn’t going to come to wce to play in his seemingly preferred position.

Wce fans on here just like the idea of pick ) coming back and us transforming him into this beautiful swan and we ridicule Carlton forever.

Reality is he can’t get a game for Carlton, who aren’t exactly filled with a lot of midfielders either.
It’s all good if you’re not as keen on the idea of SPS as some, but he absolutely doesn’t fall into the couldn’t get a game category.

He played 94 times since being drafted, of a possible 105 games.

89.5% of games played over a five year window.

You need to include Essendon with Dodoro just to make it completely not likely to happen

I had a search and could not find where Harry had been upgraded. It only talks about extending and the VaFL made a change that you could extend without upgrading. The club no longer states rookie or senior player on the list. Do you have an article?

BOND 007 - any words of wisdom as to rookie or senior list?

Upgraded end of last year

8E1C69DB-F019-4A95-9E0D-9F545D8C1335.png

Out of curiosity how many times has a player actually walked to the preseason draft?
From Wikipedia:
Notable pre-season draft picks
NOTE: Some of them are 1st time AFL draftees

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back