List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Trading in SPS makes sense, Rohan Obrien couldnt hit the side of a barn trying to draft an inside mid - so we may as well trade for one.
The Pieman shooting for a mid in the draft
Cain't hit the broad side of a barn - Imgflip

make the most of opportunities to improve the list. We dont have a top 3 pick
You don't have to tell me

I think it certainly does mean that if he can’t get a game at Carlton that he can’t get one for us. What is the correct position and who will he displace in your eyes? Shuey and yeo?

dreaming. At end of day he is short and slight. We need players who can take on bontempellis, Olivers and the likes of wines. He isn’t that. So where else is he going to play? It’s a bit tough when you struggle with being thrown around and yet not elite at the one thing that will bring you continuity.

Not that I’m suggesting you’re wrong but:
morton pick 4
Lucas pick 7
JON pick 8
Keep up the good work

“Bennell and Dick sort of” meant they were the ones who weren’t so highly rated.

Don’t feel the need to proof-read everything I post.

Watched this

1) They suggest that pick 29 or 35 would be the starting point for SPS.
2) Said there’s been no interest in Brander as yet and that WCE are open to retaining him if nothing eventuates

Not sure how accurate either statement is but figured I’d share

Heads up

If you find yourself unwilling or unable to respond to another poster(s) in a civil manner I suggest you put that poster(s) on ignore.

Thread bans from now on

Even for me?

Ignore function only works for people with the self-control not to click “show ignored content” :(

There's nothing good behind that button. Much better for the forum if we can read valuable content and endlessly recycled memes without the pot shots. I'm aiming my comments at you only because Gambler is already on my ignore list so I can't see him baiting you.

Stay blessed 🙏🥰🙃

I’m not sure the equation is ‘will SPS become an A-Grader’.
It’s ‘does SPS have a higher chance of contributing/being an A grader than the player we’d take at the traded pick’.

Based on how we draft after about 25, I think it’s worth the punt.

No chance being an A grader, he has played for 5 years. He is what he is. Is he worth a punt giving up virtually nothing then probably.

“West Coast sees him as a midfielder, and they want him replacing Luke Shuey when he retires getting inside that engine room."

Interesting on SPS

Recruit of the year!!

Boy o boy Wowee

Nevermind that trade week hasn’t even started or that we’ve even agreed to terms

Even ep2018 predicting an Eagles loss doesn’t go this early

Watched this

1) They suggest that pick 29 or 35 would be the starting point for SPS.
2) Said there’s been no interest in Brander as yet and that WCE are open to retaining him if nothing eventuates

Not sure how accurate either statement is but figured I’d share
I am hoping we can offer a future 3rd for SPS. It might be rated at early 40's, and if we (over?)perform it could end up near or past 50.

Prefer we take as many sub-40 picks as possible this year (and next) to get some youth in.

Happy that Brander staying might still be an option

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch or Cale? Coz Cale sucked, big time.
Averaged 23 disposals and 7 marks per game in just his 2nd year playing every match.

Kicked more goals in his first two seasons than both Gaff and Shuey have kicked in their last three seasons combined.

8E368F21-7A49-4BA9-A0A6-8404C82C742C.jpeg

Started strongly then went downhill very quickly after that. No doubting he was a squib with no contested game, but it’s not as if SPS wipes the floor with him like the original suggestion

Have WC said anything re SPS, seems like all media are saying it's a given?
Would only like us to take him if its bargain basement stuff.

“We believe Sam has some strong attributes that will add to our list going forward and we will work with the Carlton Football Club in due course to facilitate a trade that is satisfactory for all parties”

Not really they’ve said nothing

Averaged 23 disposals and 7 marks per game in just his 2nd year playing every match.

Kicked more goals in his first two seasons than both Gaff and Shuey have kicked in their last three seasons combined.

View attachment 1243372

Started strongly then went downhill very quickly after that. No doubting he was a squib with no contested game, but it’s not as if SPS wipes the floor with him like the original suggestion

Oh misunderstood - thought you meant when he came to West Coast.

[/QUOTE]
So SPS + 25
For wce 29 + 36 values SPS at pick 40

Brander + 65
For Geelong 35 values brander at pick 39

Cameron
For Brisbane 51

Swap 25 + 35
For dogs 17 or 18 dogs 250 to 300 pts +

Go to the draft with 10, 18 , 49 , 51

Those 49 and 51 picks will end up about 43 and 45 after father son picks
Erasmus, Wanganeen Milera, Warner & Sheldrick. I like the way your thinking 🤔
Find a way to squeeze an early 2nd rounder to snare Bazzo to cover Gov & we'll be looking sh$t hot 👊

We're not gonna get that lucky are we? F%#k.

“We believe Sam has some strong attributes that will add to our list going forward and we will work with the Carlton Football Club in due course to facilitate a trade that is satisfactory for all parties”

Not really they’ve said nothing
Carlton themselves have also said a trade will be facilitated between them and WCE for SPS

Carlton themselves have also said a trade will be facilitated between them and WCE for SPS
Would love if clubs could just do that and it was binding.

“The West Coast Eagles can today announce a trade for Dustin Martin, and will now work with the Richmond Football Club to ensure the deal is completed.”

Would love if clubs could just do that and it was binding.

“The West Coast Eagles can today announce a trade for Dustin Martin, and will now work with the Richmond Football Club to ensure the deal is completed.”
Haha yeah but the language they used make it seem a done deal. No 'we'll negotiate to get the best deal for Carlton', it was 'we'll meet with WCE and finalise a trade'.

Badgers getting in real early with his Christmas wish list.

dance-santa-claus.gif

Last edited:
SPS fills a need, is only 23, has demonstrated he belongs at AFL level and as far as I know no off field issues.

This is a no brainer, we'll get it done with a 3rd rounder probably and those opposing his recruitment are crazy. He will be a better immediate option than anyone we would draft with the pick we give up - relax, we ain't parting with pick 10/12ish for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back