List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

A BREAKOUT season for Jamaine Jones is set to result in a new contract at West Coast.
The Eagles are working towards securing Jones to a new deal, after the exciting half-forward emerged as a senior regular this season to continue making the most of his second chance at the club.

Good.

Deserves a new contract.

Ok but seriously, can we poach Troy Chaplin from Melbourne’s staff?

I don't want to wade into the religious thing, but I'll just say I don't understand why you would want to associate yourself with a rich and powerful organisation that does far less public good than it claims to and makes a mockery of its tax free status and has ruined lives to instead protect the powerful people at the top. But if this chaplain wants to work for West Coast that's his choice.

I don't want to wade into the religious thing, but I'll just say I don't understand why you would want to associate yourself with a rich and powerful organisation that does far less public good than it claims to and makes a mockery of its tax free status and has ruined lives to instead protect the powerful people at the top. But if this chaplain wants to work for West Coast that's his choice.
You could be talking about the government or the church there

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I am happy to have finally found the full AFL grandfinal sprint

Heard that the WC players were told by the fitness coaches under no circumstances were they to give 100% in they sprint and if they did then the entire squad would be forced to do a 4km time trial instead of 2km in the preseason.

I think you're lumping all churches into one there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive had a few cans,so you're really talking about organised religion right?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Do we really owe him $ if he is walking out on the club? Sheesh.

“I don’t want to be here but please continue to pay me, bye”
Sounds like he wants us to delist and then Re-rookie him at which point Brisbane swoops in and takes him from under us in the rookie draft .
Wonder if we could orchestrate this to let him go to Brisbane on their rookie list .

We do a deal for pick 18 which seems like it is slightly in our favour but then Cameron slips to them in the rookie draft

Last edited:
Sounds like he wants us to delist and then Re-rookie him at which point Brisbane swoops in and takes him from under us in the rookie draft .
Wonder if we could orchestrate this to let him go to Brisbane on their rookie list .

We do a deal for pick 18 which seems like it is slightly in our favour but then Cameron slips to them in the rookie draft
I don't think that's the way it works anymore, we can move someone onto the rookie list without de-listing them

Sam Petrevski-Seton

“There’s some talk he still wants to remain with the club (Carlton). So whether Michael Voss can talk him around.

“I would say try and keep him. When we recruited him he was a forward-mid or a mid-forward and he’s played a lot of his footy over the last two years down back.”

From SOS, bit of a development.

It’s unfortunate that McGovern’s fat $6m contract seems to be causing issues at the club, given since getting that contract he’s been:
  • Suspended for pushing Guelfi into the fence
  • Suspended for punching Sexton
  • Fined for tripping Thomas
Would like to see him be a better leader
He also doesn't set a training standard either . The fact he held the club to ransom when shuey Kennedy yeo had all taken unders is just s**t. Unfortunately he won't be held in the same regard as other club champions

He also doesn't set a training standard either . The fact he held the club to ransom when shuey Kennedy yeo had all taken unders is just sh*t. Unfortunately he won't be held in the same regard as other club champions
Shouldn’t even be considered a club champion IMO but I know most disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back