List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
I’m hoping in the background we’ve discreetly been in Erasmus’ ear saying to pull out of all the interstate games and combine testing with a “corky” to limit exposure and that his manager (not Erasmus himself though) is giving off the strong Bailey Smith/Archie Perkins hints to interstate clubs or telling the Purples that Neil only wants to go to West Coast and will put in a trade request immediately after his initial rookie contract if they take him.

What’s that? Draft tampering you say? That horse bolted when the Vic media all lauded Perkins for his stance last year. All fair game now I reckon and I’d imagine that kind of thing goes on more than us lay people would know.

I’m hoping in the background we’ve discreetly been in Erasmus’ ear saying to pull out of all the interstate games and combine testing with a “corky” to limit exposure and that his manager (not Erasmus himself though) is giving off the strong Bailey Smith/Archie Perkins hints to interstate clubs or telling the Purples that Neil only wants to go to West Coast and will put in a trade request immediately after his initial rookie contract if they take him.

What’s that? Draft tampering you say? That horse bolted when the Vic media all lauded Perkins for his stance last year. All fair game now I reckon and I’d imagine that kind of thing goes on more than us lay people would know.
No way it'd be condoned going the other way.just look at the amount of players choosing their destination in trades..look at the kelly situation

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It's my understanding that this is his mock of where he thinks they may go, not a reflection of his personal rankings.

davie504-checkmate.gif

McGovern walking laps and breaking into 20m jog bursts. Looks like he’s got a bit of work to do.

Kelly running laps, looks good.

Rotham doing the same, could be Brander though.

Witherden and Nelson were doing laps together too, saw Cole in the background. Nice to see a decent number of players at the far end kicking it around.

McGovern walking laps and breaking into 20m jog bursts. Looks like he’s got a bit of work to do.

Kelly running laps, looks good.

Rotham doing the same, could be Brander though.

Witherden and Nelson were doing laps together too, saw Cole in the background. Nice to see a decent number of players at the far end kicking it around.
Trying to break this code to work out if it's actually that training report in disguise

The more I watch and read up on James Tunstill the more he is warming to me for one of our picks. I think he has a lot of upside and development potential, and is taller than I realised at 185.
This is another reason why I like Hough as well. To show so much in his first year in a more structured environment shows to me some exciting signs.
If we don't pick Johnson, and we have the chance, we will regret it for years. There isn't many players at his height with his foot skills on both sides.
In my opinion, if you are on the slower side you need to be quick in the mind and evasive, which Johnson is.
Yeah tuntill impressed in the u19s .

His pace on the spread from the contest is elite. Swooping on the loose ball or pressuring the opposition trying to exit the contest he was all over it . No wonder he got the run with jobs in the carnival on JHF
and Roberts

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to break this code to work out if it's actually that training report in disguise

Looking for key words. "Petrie... Mitchell.... Pale... Buggery... In particular... Spending time between... Rioli... Chrismas break.... Shuey... captaincy"

Look at this point it's worth just dismissing EVERY training report, real or fake, as total bullshit.

Take it to the Cockburn board Thorne ya silly kent.

I remember the Yeo highlights at least. Looked very similar, but Erasmus cleaner and dominating more here.

Would definitely be stoked if the Seth Effrikan can last until out first pick, but I reckon that's a pipe dream.

Just has that zip that Yeo does. That fleet of foot and always able to bounce around. Will be some player IMO, definitely no issues with his small mid sample size.
Seth Efrikans always have a grudge

To pok their cars in

Johnson - balanced mid.
Chesser - attacking HB / wingman.
Banks - attacking HB / wingman.

That trio would deliver sublime footskills, lots of run and carry and all three are great leaders.

Would be a really good draft haul ......... to good to be true.

Noted the Big Footy mock draft is done. Nice work everyone involved.

Using my mentat abilities honed over 35 years of reading too many Dune books I really hope we deal with Brisbane for a pick swap, but not the one most have focused on.

Firstly no way do we trade down our 1st pick for later 1sts. That pick will give us access to a very good player. I am interested in Brisbane's picks 41 and 54.

Eagles offer our future 2nd for picks 41 and 54. Lions wont use these picks and need points next year. Now I understand peoples reluctance to trade future picks but ''future pay'' is alive and thriving in the AFL trade world and every year you can utilise future picks to improve your current hand. And once and a while we will trade out a player a bank future picks or gain a current pick.

Dont let our fear of missing out later restrict what can be achieved in the present.

The reason I like these later picks is after looking at the players available using the example of the Big Footy phantom. Look at the two Brisbane picks and the players available.

Pick 40 - Brisbane - Alastair Lord
Pick 41 - North Melbourne - Jack Williams
Pick 42 - North Melbourne - Arthur Jones
Pick 43 - Melbourne - Charlie Molan
Pick 44 - Collingwood - Kai Lohmann
Pick 45 - Geelong - Kade Dittmar
Pick 46 - Essendon - Shay Linke
Pick 47 - Brisbane - Hugh Jackson
Pick 48 - Collingwood - Taj Woewodin
Pick 49 - Essendon - Corey Warner
Pick 50 - Melbourne - Youseph Dib
Pick 51 - Collingwood - Lachlan Rankin

Pick 52 - Hawthorn - Joshua Browne
Pick 53 - Brisbane - Miller Bergman
Pick 54 - Fremantle - Anthony Caminiti
Pick 55 - St Kilda - Bailey Rogers
Pick 56 - Port Adelaide - Sam Breuer
Pick 57 - Carlton - Luke Polson
Pick 58 - Western Bulldogs (Darcy bid residual points) - Morgan Ferres
Pick 59 - Hawthorn - Jake Soligo
Pick 60 - St Kilda - Jack Avery
Pick 61 - St Kilda - Charlie Dean
Pick 62 - West Coast - James Tunstill
Pick 63 - Fremantle - Eric Benning
Pick 64 - Sydney - Justin Davies
Pick 65 - North Melbourne - Sam Banks
Pick 66 - Port Adelaide - Harvey Harrison
Pick 67 - Port Adelaide - Oscar Adams
Pick 68 - Adelaide - Jordan Lukac
Pick 69 - Brisbane - Marcus Windhager

Pick 70 - Gold Coast Suns - Jase Burgoyne
Pick 71 - Carlton - Isaac Birt

Dittmar, Williams or Warner at 40.

Warner, Woewodin (likely FS anyway), Browne or Rogers at 47.

I would personally go Dittmarr and Browne.

Last edited:
all those people saying we wouldnt of had points for erasmus anyway, couldnt we of just gone into deficit for next year, and ended up with erasmus and Johnson?

The points are all irrelevant because Erasmus is going in the top 20, we couldn't have matched any bids even if we had registered him.

Melbourne are about to miss out on Mac Andrew under the same rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back