List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Jake Waterman kicked 5 goals on debut in the WAFL before being drafted, just sayin'.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
So thinking about trades and future picks, I think it is important to understand the view of the 2022 crop. For WA and SA, a lot more known as the boys played PSA and colts as well as some interstate and intrastate games. For our Vic comrades, less is known.

Three key things from a distance.

1. Some but not much compromise - no northern academy first rounders and 2 F/S prospects in Ashcroft (Lions and tipped top 5) and Davey (Drug Rats and tipped late 1st)
2. Loads of talls - likely to be up to 8 in the first round, 6 of which are KPF 3 are from SA
3. Another load of proven mids and one of my favourites in SD tough inside mid in Elijah Hewitt

Here is my initial list
1634888524724.png

So if we want a KPF, then they are taller and more prevalent in 2022.

I would be wanting to trade a future first in 2022 to get 2 picks inside 20. I'd prefer to do something with Lions and get their 2022 first this year. If that meant slipping back from 10 to 14/18 and giving up a future second, so be it. 2022 will be worth having 2 x R1 picks.

Tip: If you would like to meet the recruiters in person, head down to the Oakleigh Chargers games.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm
Lol. This is in a semi final against grown men
View attachment 1265635

It's impressive but remember Coniglio's performance in the WAFL grand final kicking 4.1 as an underager before his draft year. I mean it was rough he only had 17 disposals, 5 marks and 3 tackles. Oh and his team won by only 1 point. He was still 16 at the time. Coniglio went pick 2 in his draft year.

Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Noted the Big Footy mock draft is done. Nice work everyone involved.

Using my mentat abilities honed over 35 years of reading too many Dune books I really hope we deal with Brisbane for a pick swap, but not the one most have focused on.

Firstly no way do we trade down our 1st pick for later 1sts. That pick will give us access to a very good player. I am interested in Brisbane's picks 41 and 54.

Eagles offer our future 2nd for picks 41 and 54. Lions wont use these picks and need points next year. Now I understand peoples reluctance to trade future picks but ''future pay'' is alive and thriving in the AFL trade world and every year you can utilise future picks to improve your current hand. And once and a while we will trade out a player a bank future picks or gain a current pick.

Dont let our fear of missing out later restrict what can be achieved in the present.

The reason I like these later picks is after looking at the players available using the example of the Big Footy phantom. Look at the two Brisbane picks and the players available.

Pick 40 - Brisbane - Alastair Lord
Pick 41 - North Melbourne - Jack Williams
Pick 42 - North Melbourne - Arthur Jones
Pick 43 - Melbourne - Charlie Molan
Pick 44 - Collingwood - Kai Lohmann
Pick 45 - Geelong - Kade Dittmar
Pick 46 - Essendon - Shay Linke
Pick 47 - Brisbane - Hugh Jackson
Pick 48 - Collingwood - Taj Woewodin
Pick 49 - Essendon - Corey Warner
Pick 50 - Melbourne - Youseph Dib
Pick 51 - Collingwood - Lachlan Rankin

Pick 52 - Hawthorn - Joshua Browne
Pick 53 - Brisbane - Miller Bergman
Pick 54 - Fremantle - Anthony Caminiti
Pick 55 - St Kilda - Bailey Rogers
Pick 56 - Port Adelaide - Sam Breuer
Pick 57 - Carlton - Luke Polson
Pick 58 - Western Bulldogs (Darcy bid residual points) - Morgan Ferres
Pick 59 - Hawthorn - Jake Soligo
Pick 60 - St Kilda - Jack Avery
Pick 61 - St Kilda - Charlie Dean
Pick 62 - West Coast - James Tunstill
Pick 63 - Fremantle - Eric Benning
Pick 64 - Sydney - Justin Davies
Pick 65 - North Melbourne - Sam Banks
Pick 66 - Port Adelaide - Harvey Harrison
Pick 67 - Port Adelaide - Oscar Adams
Pick 68 - Adelaide - Jordan Lukac
Pick 69 - Brisbane - Marcus Windhager

Pick 70 - Gold Coast Suns - Jase Burgoyne
Pick 71 - Carlton - Isaac Birt

Dittmar, Williams or Warner at 40.

Warner, Woewodin (likely FS anyway), Browne or Rogers at 47.

I would personally go Dittmarr and Browne.

Do we have the list spots for this? I like it a lot would seriously consider soligo and bodhi uwland at one of these too if available and others weren’t.

So thinking about trades and future picks, I think it is important to understand the view of the 2022 crop. For WA and SA, a lot more known as the boys played PSA and colts as well as some interstate and intrastate games. For our Vic comrades, less is known.

1. Some but not much compromise - no northern academy first rounders and 2 F/S prospects in Ashcroft (Lions and tipped top 5) and Davey (Drug Rats and tipped late 1st)
2. Loads of talls - likely to be up to 8 in the first round, 6 of which are KPF 3 are from SA
3. Another load of proven mids and one of my favourites in SD tough inside mid in Elijah Hewitt

Here is my initial list
View attachment 1265787

I would be wanting to trade a future first in 2022 to get 2 picks inside 20. I'd prefer to do something with Lions and get their 2022 first this year. If that meant slipping back from 10 to 14/18 and giving up a future second, so be it. 2022 will be worth having 2 x R1 picks.

Tip: If you would like to meet the recruiters in person, head down to the Oakleigh Chargers games.

Good list, a couple to add to it from WA.

Jackson Broadbent - 205 Ruck Peel Thunder
Luke Brown - 199 KPP Claremont
Kane Bevan - 192 Mid West Perth
Jack Cleaver - 187 Mid East Fremantle

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast

Here is my initial list
View attachment 1265787

If we did this, would it not be more difficult to acquire Hewett? I really like the look of this kid too.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Gws just traded ports future 3rd for Brisbane pick 54
That leave Brisbane with 14, 18, 41 and 60 which are points bearing picks (plus some later). They will only take the minimum 3 picks in the national draft so I expect they will try to sell off 60 once the Pies and Dogs clear out points (if they can).

So the deal I would want to explore is pick 14 this year plus their R1 2022 for pick 10 and our R2 2022. This would need to be assuming the Lions target is still there at 10 and we have not got much difference between the mids that will be there at 14.
If we did this, would it not be more difficult to acquire Hewett? I really like the look of this kid too.
The future first we sell in 2022 will be for the 2023 cohort.

That would give us 2 first rounders in 2022.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Good list, a couple to add to it from WA.

Jackson Broadbent - 205 Ruck Peel Thunder
Luke Brown - 199 KPP Claremont
Kane Bevan - 192 Mid West Perth
Jack Cleaver - 187 Mid East Fremantle

Really interested in Bevan's year next year. A few things to tidy up but shown some very draftable abilities and very impressive stats for an underager at colts level.

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
That leave Brisbane with 14, 18, 41 and 60 which are points bearing picks (plus some later). They will only take the minimum 3 picks in the national draft so I expect they will try to sell off 60 once the Pies and Dogs clear out points (if they can).

So the deal I would want to explore is pick 14 this year plus their R1 2022 for pick 10 and our R2 2022. This would need to be assuming the Lions target is still there at 10 and we have not got much difference between the mids that will be there at 14.

The future first we sell in 2022 will be for the 2023 cohort.

That would give us 2 first rounders in 2022.
Sorry mate. I misread it....Makes sense now.
Been a long day, need to crack a can!

3agles87

Team Captain
Feb 24, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Mock from Knightmare. https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...**********-espn-early-two-round-phantom-draft

Has us taking Johnson, Chesser and Sam Banks.

For Dark Sharks Sheldrick goes between Chesser and Banks. Will let you enjoy finding out who to...
Oh hell no, banks will leave us to captain Tasmania’s first AFL team.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Just on Alex Condon in your spreadsheet here, Adam Jones was on Sportsday WA the other night and said that he was 208cm.

An “absolute monster” he reckons. Karl Langdon was flummoxed that a 16/17 year old could already be that height. Max Gawn areas at around 6’10” in the old scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back