List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

Not sure if anyone’s suggested this trade but I wouldn’t be against us doing something like this with Brisbane.

Going off this years ladder positions.

We Give: Future First (10), 29

We Get: 14 & 18

Works out points wise that Brisbane get a surplus of pick 67. They desperately needs points next year to match Fletcher & Ashcroft. They already have a pretty stacked list so trading out of this years first round to help them out in grabbing 2 highly rated kids next year isn’t going to really set them back & they would still be getting 29/35 back from us which is a decent pick this year.

For us I think we would be backing ourselves that we won’t slide next year. There’s some great talent around from the 10 -25 mark this year and I feel like with a good haul we can really rejuvenate the list.

We would go to the draft with 10,14,18,35

10 - Johnson (Class)
14 - JVR (KPP)
18 - Sinn (Run of HBF)
35 - Sheldrick (Inside Bull) or Dittmarr/Tunstill
Im too nervous to trade the future first. We were bottom 4 on form in the second half of the year. Yeah, we all hope it was an anomaly, but what if it wasnt? We could end up trading a top 2 pick

I’d reckon he might be gone before our pick 31. Should we try Another big intercept marker in Leek Alleer ?
After our starting best 22 mids who do we have up and coming ?

O'Neill west and trew with Ledwards on a wing .

If we take Johnson at 10 and roberts is their at 29 we would be mad not to take him .

Not a good look for Clark. Don't sign the contract if you don't want to do the time. TK handled it much better.

I wonder what we'd have to package up with Brander to pinch Clark from Freo? Although, he's coming across like a bit of a brat. Whateley is a Cats man so who knows what his angle is here. Slimy *er.

Anyone have any insight into Casey Voss?

A bit of click bait article popped up, 21 yrs old and just won Sturts B&F.

These articles you take with a grain of salt but i was interested in his coach mentioning more than once his high footy IQ.

From the brief footage I was concerned with his kicking as it was a bit loose. Solid kid with courage.

Not a good look for Clark. Don't sign the contract if you don't want to do the time. TK handled it much better.

I wonder what we'd have to package up with Brander to pinch Clark from Freo? Although, he's coming across like a bit of a brat. Whateley is a Cats man so who knows what his angle is here. Slimy f***er.

Huh?

I wonder what we'd have to package up with Brander to pinch Clark from Freo? Although, he's coming across like a bit of a brat. Whateley is a Cats man so who knows what his angle is here. Slimy f***er.
I can't find anything relating to this, whats the news?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been a single mock draft where Sheldrick makes it past the second round yet Obeanie1 ???

Gonna be some silly people deleting their accounts on draft night.

View attachment 1265608:think: ;) :rolleyes:

Angus Sheldrick, Josh Browne and Kade Dittmar were impressive today and completely outplayed their South Australian midfield counterparts. None of the three fit inside the national draft for me, although Browne and Sheldrick in particular may have suitors in the late/rookie region.

My Updated Tier List

(4)Elite: Daicos, JHF (Callaghan, Darcy)

(10)Top Tier: Hobbs, Erasmus, Ward, Goater, Amiss, Fahey, JVR, NWM, Johnson, Rachele

(18)Quality: Roberts, Sinn, Long, Knevitt, Bazzo, Gibcus, Andrew, Chesser, Conway, Banks, MacDonald, Browne, Draper, Sonsie, Wilmot, Dittmar, Clarke, Curtis

(37)Quality with some question marks: Molan, Windhager, Ferres, Hough, Aleer, Regan, Brown, Soligo, Owens, Jones, Tunstill, Lohmann, Taylor, Benning, C.Hamilton, Beecken, Rankin, Burgoyne, Jackson, Uwland, Motlop, Rayson, Archer, Willis, Sheldrick, Dib, Williams, Murray, Rossimel, H.Hamilton, Butler, Bergman, Howes, (19 yr olds)Doultree, Trudgeon, Cleary, Gribble

Top 50 - October

1. Nick Daicos *
2. Jason Horne-Francis
3. Sam Darcy *
4. Finn Callaghan
5. Ben Hobbs
6. Neil Erasmus
7. Josh Ward
8. Josh Goater
9. Jye Amiss
10. Josh Fahey *
11. Jacob Van Rooyen
12. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
13. Matthew Roberts
14. Matthew Johnson
15. Josh Sinn
16. Josh Rachele
17. Ned Long
18. Mitch Knevitt
19. Rhett Bazzo
20. Josh Gibcus
21. Mac Andrew *
22. Campbell Chesser
23. Toby Conway
24. Sam Banks
25. Connor MacDonald
26. Josh Browne
27. Arlo Draper
28. Tyler Sonsie
29. Kade Dittmar
30. Darcy Wilmot
31. Judson Clarke
32. Ethan Regan *
33. Charlie Molan
34. Marcus Windhager *
35. Morgan Ferres
36. Brady Hough
37. Leek Aleer
38. Paul Curtis
39. Tom Brown
40. Jake Soligo
41. Michito Owens *
42. Arthur Jones *
43. James Tunstill
44. Kai Lohmann
45. Zac Taylor
46. Eric Benning *
47. Cooper Hamilton
48. Cooper Beecken
49. Lachlan Rankin
50. Jase Burgoyne *

*= F/S or Academie

Wow, not even top 50?

Seems Angus is a tough player to value..............;)

Wow, not even top 50?

Seems Angus is a tough player to value..............;)

To provide a little bit of an update on this. It's seeming more likely that Sheldrick will feature inside the top 40, perhaps even inside the top 30. He's certainly a tough player to value as I think some clubs would have him very high on their boards and others wouldn't have him on theirs at all.

Hai gaiz :raisinghand:

Had me bucks last night so will be in a vegetative state for quite some time and haven't caught up with current affairs 🥴

Let me know when Sheldrick gets picked up by North.
Congratulations DS - there’s hope for us all!

Hai gaiz :raisinghand:

Had me bucks last night so will be in a vegetative state for quite some time and haven't caught up with current affairs 🥴

Let me know when Sheldrick gets picked up by North.

Up before midday? Didn't go hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back