List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
First Pick - Tyrone - Big bodied mid who would be great around the clearances to go with Nic Nats ruckwork.

Second Pick - Franky 4 Fingers - Would be a great crafty small forward.

Third pick - Bricktop - Another mid with leadership qualities. Would ideally replace Yeo in the centre.

Fourth Pick - Turkish - Good wing option to replace Gaff longterm.

Prefer Boris myself, impossible to kill tag the bastard.

Snatch Boris Car Scene - GIF on Imgur

Surely Norf make Pies and Doggies use max points on Daicos and Darcy?

Oh yeah...

You take sugar?
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Question to those who follow it more as I don't so much. There was a comment earlier about a couple of players being gone by our first in half the phantoms. Has anyone looked back to compare the phantoms to what actually happens on draft day, and how close are they? Are some usually closer than others?

I get that covid could make this year more of a lottery though.

First Pick - Tyrone - Big bodied mid who would be great around the clearances to go with Nic Nats ruckwork.

Second Pick - Franky 4 Fingers - Would be a great crafty small forward.

Third pick - Bricktop - Another mid with leadership qualities. Would ideally replace Yeo in the centre.

Fourth Pick - Turkish - Good wing option to replace Gaff longterm.

Cousin Avi will be snapped up by Melbourne.
Melbourne?
Yeah, Melbourne. You know, deconstructed burgers, cans of VB, bad food, worse weather Eddie ******* Maguire. Melbourne!

Question to those who follow it more as I don't so much. There was a comment earlier about a couple of players being gone by our first in half the phantoms. Has anyone looked back to compare the phantoms to what actually happens on draft day, and how close are they? Are some usually closer than others?

I get that covid could make this year more of a lottery though.
Phantoms are usually a better guide of the indication of where players are going to go rather than an exacta.

For example; they project Erasmus to be gone roughly between picks 5 and 9, Johnson between 8 and 14, etc etc.

There's a reason the guys on the draft hub board do phantoms year in year out. They know their s**t and are usually around the money. There are always surprises though so fingers crossed someone surprising falls to us, but as it stands, Johnson is looking unlikely IMO. Although if we end up with Goater I'd be pretty happy. Has has some serious qualities

Hey lads I’m linking up with Knightmare on my podcast next week, let me know if you want me to fling any particular questions at him (bearing in mind I will probably only be able to fit a few in)
Ask him if he's heard about ward telling clubs he'd prefer to stay in vic and if he thinks its more acceptable if its Victorian youngsters making these comments
Also ask about the differences in knevitt and goater and who becomes the better midfielder in the long run

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon both will be gone by our pick.

When was the last time someone slid to our pick (and this board wanted them AND we took them #NoBranders)? Darling in 2010?
I think most were pleasantly surprised when we secured Winder with 57 last year

Wow. If Mac Andrews is 70kgs, thats a huge question mark on him being able to get his size up to compete in the ruck.

NN, Gawn, Grundy all around the 110kg. Putting on 40kg onto his frame is no certainty.

Id suggest his family genetics would show if thats possible. And that wouldnt be a problem.

If we wanted to draft a Nic replacement as close what he does there's your kid. Its just a big riskand slow burn, not as slow as some here think as the kid is a clearence gun and can play forward.

Surely Norf make Pies and Doggies use max points on Daicos and Darcy?

Oh yeah...

You take sugar?
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.
If I was Collingwood, I would call Norths bluff and let North keep Daicos, take Horne-Francis with my first pick and get Daicos a few years later after his contract expires with North haha.

If I was Collingwood, I would call Norths bluff and let North keep Daicos, take Horne-Francis with my first pick and get Daicos a few years later after his contract expires with North haha.

Collingwood don’t have the next pick though. So they’d just be gifting Horne-Francis to GWS and screwing over North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back