List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
We have one shot at Luke Jackson in the short terms and that’s the end of next year when he’s out of contract. Will require next years first and a future first. We should be prepared to pay that.

I think we will get Eramus with our first pick as long as freo go tall first.

Lots of talk he is a mommy boy and doesnt want to leave WA at all so is a flight risk

He is doing a Bailey Smith laying the ground work to be picked up by WA club
Freo likely to have 2 picks prior to us once Cerra is done.

That said, if other teams do deem him a flight risk then maybe he gets to late-1st-round so either we trade back, or trade up with later picks to get a 2nd 1st rounder.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have one shot at Luke Jackson in the short terms and that’s the end of next year when he’s out of contract. Will require next years first and a future first. We should be prepared to pay that.
You honestly think Melbourne will let him go out of contract?

No chance in Hell IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You honestly think Melbourne will let him go out of contract?

No chance in Hell IMO.
Of course they will be trying to keep him. We need to talk to him now and get him to see his contract out. Of course far easier said than done when he can lock up long term financial security.

ultimately it’s only happening if he really wants to go home.

SPS for a 3rd and Brander gets us a late 2nd tbh. Maybe we go in for Ladhams as a shortstop for NicNat to give time for Bailey Williams to develop.
So far no teams are interested in Brander, so late 2nd is a huge reach.
We'll be lucky to get a 3rd at this stage, that's if a team wants him.
If we have to delist him, I'm hoping we can talk him into staying rather than a team getting him for free.

Jackson is a supreme talent. But would cost an awful lot to secure. I wonder if we would have anything at all that the Demons would want?

You look at our list. A good look. What the hell is one there that anyone would want? Naitanui . Oscar allen and Yeo. Natanui we could lose because of his age. no one else would draw a first round pick out of anyone. Infact most would struggle to pull a top 30 pick. No one is taking Mcgovern or kelly in their wage.

If we have to delist him, I'm hoping we can talk him into staying rather than a team getting him for free.

Carlton and Hawks showing interest in Brander meeting both clubs next few days .

Yeah, would be super awkward watching him becoming damaging with another team through a 3rd rounder or something.

Yeah, would be super awkward watching him becoming damaging with another team through a 3rd rounder or something.
In the 90s we watched Matty Clape win a flag at Carlton, Dean Laidley at North & Matty Connell twice at the Crows.

If a guy cant make it with Eagles I'm happy for them to succeed anywhere.

Carlton and Hawks showing interest in Brander meeting both clubs next few days .

Ideally Carlton as we would perhaps be able to negotiate a straight swap for SPS.

Hawthorn would be a bit trickier - they have picks 21 and 24 either of which are too high so we’d be looking to offer Brander and either 29 or 35 to move up to one of those 2nd round picks. Other than that they have 56 which is next to useless for us as we have 4 picks already before that and not that many list spots

Would Jake Florenca be worth a rookie spot?I remember hearing some talk around here about him a few years ago when he was going well for South Fremantle. Think I can remember people saying he has the talent just doesn’t want to commit to the AFL lifestyle. He’s only just recently returned from a nasty Achilles rupture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back