List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

Since Josh Rotham and Jarrod Brander are the same person, and Rotham has better trade value.

Why don't we say to a team, we will offer you Rotham. But instead give them Brander. How will they know.

Thoughts?

If Rotham is going (which is obviously not good), what’s he worth?

Well if you go by the valuation system thats used by an ( unnamed ;) ) other Clubs method of valuing players, then clearly a:

A pick between 6 and 27.

Last edited:
He might not eventuate but a reason why I like Connor West is that he has that intensity around the ball to either win it or force a stoppage. The frustrating thing is that on our list we currently have Yeo and an aging Shuey that do it. Look at the Dee's and they Petracca, Viney, Oliver, Harmes and heck even Brayshaw to an extent does that. Having a couple mids on the inside definitely compliments the like of Kelly and Sheed

He might not eventuate but a reason why I like Connor West is that he has that intensity around the ball to either win it or force a stoppage. The frustrating thing is that on our list we currently have Yeo and an aging Shuey that do it. Look at the Dee's and they Petracca, Viney, Oliver, Harmes and heck even Brayshaw to an extent does that. Having a couple mids on the inside :whitecheck: :whitecheck: definitely compliments the like of Kelly and Sheed :whitecheck::whitecheck:

I'm sure the likes of Melbourne and the Bulldogs are quaking in the boots our old boys Kennedy and Hurn are lacing up the boots again next season..

Seriously though watching the finals, it's all about strength and pace, not one or the other but both. Two things we are in very short supply.

What do people in the know think Brady Houghs draft range is? For some reason I thought he was a lot smaller than the 189cm he is listed as. Can he play as a mid as the only game I saw him play he was playing forward and was impressive. Is pick 10 (12) too much of a reach? Apparently our recruiters surprised him with a visit a few weeks ago so we are definitely interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the likes of Melbourne and the Bulldogs are quaking in the boots our old boys Kennedy and Hurn are lacing up the boots again next season..

Seriously though watching the finals, it's all about strength and pace, not one or the other but both. Two things we are in very short supply.

Agree on Bunga but Jk still has worth and kicked 40 odd goals this season while missing a couple games and being starved due to our shite ball movement.

Bunga has some good footy left in him but I fear going forward his ball use is way to conservative for us.

Both this years Norm Smith and Brownlow medalists are 187cm, 98kgs inside mids that have a good tank on them. It's proof that you don't have to be built like a twig to be a great runner.

What do people in the know think Brady Houghs draft range is? For some reason I thought he was a lot smaller than the 189cm he is listed as. Can he play as a mid as the only game I saw him play he was playing forward and was impressive. Is pick 10 (12) too much of a reach? Apparently our recruiters surprised him with a visit a few weeks ago so we are definitely interested.

IMO 25-35 range and probably closer to 25 than 35.

It a hard one to assess because he has only got a small body of work at WAFL to judge him by, he has been a player that has risen quickly and dramatically over the last two months.

IMO he sits in a congested bunch of kids that are not quite a first rounders, BUT depending on Club, needs could come off the board early to late second round.

I wish I had seen more of him because the little I have seen of him, he displayed AFL traits.
He is skill full, poised and has clean hands.
His Peel League debut and his two games WA V SA have just added to his mystique as in those games he has done enough to showcase his abundant talent.

Can he play as a genuine midfielder ????

If Clubs think he can, then he may surprise and come off the board earlier than I currently think he will.

Agree on Bunga but Jk still has worth and kicked 40 odd goals this season while missing a couple games and being starved due to our sh*te ball movement.

Bunga has some good footy left in him but I fear going forward his ball use is way to conservative for us.

Both this years Norm Smith and Brownlow medalists are 187cm, 98kgs inside mids that have a good tank on them. It's proof that you don't have to be built like a twig to be a great runner.

In Simmo's first year, Hurn kicked short as was the game plan - he follows the game plan. Personally I believe we should use his long kicking to better advantage & I dont blame Hurn.

Hard, strong inside mids win games these days and particularly finals. The GF is a great example. We have one in Yeo and that's it. No chance beating the top few sides currently.
Surely we draft now with this in mind.

On SM-G780G using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hard, agile, clean hands, fast decision makers, able to handle physical pressure. It’s a long list but those are the main traits. The best teams are spreading from contests so quickly these days that you have to be incredibly quick in order to first win the ball but then move it cleanly to the front of the pack.

No point just hacking it forward out of a contest under pressure because you can almost guarantee that’ll lead to a rebound 50.

The best teams are clean enough to win the loose ball and then quick enough to move it out of congestion to a player running toward .

Only guy we have who can do this reliably is our ruckman

SPS has talent

Was best on 3 brownlow votes in his first year again Collingwood off no preseason

Also best on vs the dogs in 2019 where he got like 36 playing in ball

There's enough evidence that he can be very good, just hasn't done it and lacked opportunity with Teauge and maybe given too much for where he was at and how bad we were under Bolton

You just wonder if he'd gone to a strong club where he would be now.

You'll definitely be "buying low"

So now there are rumours of Rotham leaving, as well as Brander. And Vozzo’s on indefinite leave at the most important time of the season for the off-field guys. Apparently we can’t afford to offer Rotham any more, but we can go after SPS (it’s possible his demands are modest of course). We’re also extending Kennedy and Hurn. Connecting the dots it’s beginning to seem as if the club doesn’t rate Rotham or Brander.

I get the sense there’s some serious stuff going on behind the scenes and we don’t know the half of it.

So now there are rumours of Rotham leaving, as well as Brander. And Vozzo’s on indefinite leave at the most important time of the season for the off-field guys. Apparently we can’t afford to offer Rotham any more, but we can go after SPS (it’s possible his demands are modest of course). We’re also extending Kennedy and Hurn. Connecting the dots it’s beginning to seem as if the club doesn’t rate Rotham or Brander.

I get the sense there’s some serious stuff going on behind the scenes and we don’t know the half of it.
There should be some serious stuff going on behind the scenes, we were s**t this year.
Unfortunately I think it's the wrong stuff that's happening and we're going to double down on our credits in the bank players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back