List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Are we still none the wiser about Jarrod Cameron’s list status next year?

Still perplexed that nothing official has come out from the club yet.

You really think Victoria will still be a mess with Covid at the end of 2022? 🤦🏻‍♂️

I dont think anyone's health system is ready for open boarders and everyone with covid clogging them up, so yep restrictions will be in place still. No full lockdowns but restrictions in some places. The coffee districts, clubs and other Melbourne centric attractions wont be as they were.

So now there are rumours of Rotham leaving, as well as Brander. And Vozzo’s on indefinite leave at the most important time of the season for the off-field guys. Apparently we can’t afford to offer Rotham any more, but we can go after SPS (it’s possible his demands are modest of course). We’re also extending Kennedy and Hurn. Connecting the dots it’s beginning to seem as if the club doesn’t rate Rotham or Brander.

I get the sense there’s some serious stuff going on behind the scenes and we don’t know the half of it.
TBF, the rumours about Rotham leaving because we can't afford to offer him more money have come from pretty much one poster.

The club has also been pretty clear on Branders status.

Seems as if Brander isn't highly rated but not sure about Rotham.

Losing Rotham because we've ****ed our salary cap would be shite.

He's a good young player with speed and a penetrating kick that we drafted with pick 37 which is great value. He wouldn't be demanding big coin now and if he left we'd be selling low, surely we can move some funds around and keep him.

Could be a Saad level defender in a few years. Handy type of player in today's game. Would be a gross loss.

TBF, the rumours about Rotham leaving because we can't afford to offer him more money have come from pretty much one poster.

Yeah, this. Would take it with a very large grain of salt at this stage.

Perhaps but something seems off with the club right now

Our season finished 5 weeks ago and even if you allow for the 2 weeks quarantine delaying the usual off season processes, it’s now 3 weeks since exit interviews etc could be done.

We’re led to believe contracts for Hurn and Kennedy are imminent but still no confirmation that they’ve been signed

Cameron made a social media post about leaving the club with a couple of media reports stating he was stepping away from football but nothing from the club even acknowledging it, let alone addressing what that meant to his status at the club

Brander has been hung out like 3 day old bait

Along with Rotham, O’Neill, Jones, West, Foley remain off contract with no clarity on their futures

It was reported by Tom Morris from Fox Footy of all places that Vozzo was standing aside for the duration of the trade and draft period to take a break. Nisbett was quoted in the article confirming Vozzo’s absence but again there’s be no release from the club regarding it and, curiously, there’s been little or no mention of it in the local media that I’ve seen (Admittedly, I avoid a fair bit of that so may have missed it)

You’d think something like our footy manager taking leave during the most critical part of the year for our off field side of the footy department would be addressed by the club - particularly when our current list manager (O’Brien) is new to the role

Then today it comes out that we’re walking away from our standalone WAFL side with no clear plan on what to do instead. Pretty big decision, that again hasn’t been addressed by the club

This is all on top of a disastrous season, especially post bye, with rumours floating around of player discontent which were effectively validated during Simpsons speech at the B&F talking about the need for unity, accepting differences and having each other’s backs

There’s a lot of stuff I’d like to be taking with a grain of salt right now but it’s hard not to be concerned

Perhaps but something seems off with the club right now

Our season finished 5 weeks ago and even if you allow for the 2 weeks quarantine delaying the usual off season processes, it’s now 3 weeks since exit interviews etc could be done.

We’re led to believe contracts for Hurn and Kennedy are imminent but still no confirmation that they’ve been signed

Cameron made a social media post about leaving the club with a couple of media reports stating he was stepping away from football but nothing from the club even acknowledging it, let alone addressing what that meant to his status at the club

Brander has been hung out like 3 day old bait

Along with Rotham, O’Neill, Jones, West, Foley remain off contract with no clarity on their futures

It was reported by Tom Morris from Fox Footy of all places that Vozzo was standing aside for the duration of the trade and draft period to take a break. Nisbett was quoted in the article confirming Vozzo’s absence but again there’s be no release from the club regarding it and, curiously, there’s been little or no mention of it in the local media that I’ve seen (Admittedly, I avoid a fair bit of that so may have missed it)

You’d think something like our footy manager taking leave during the most critical part of the year for our off field side of the footy department would be addressed by the club - particularly when our current list manager (O’Brien) is new to the role

Then today it comes out that we’re walking away from our standalone WAFL side with no clear plan on what to do instead. Pretty big decision, that again hasn’t been addressed by the club

This is all on top of a disastrous season, especially post bye, with rumours floating around of player discontent which were effectively validated during Simpsons speech at the B&F talking about the need for unity, accepting differences and having each other’s backs

There’s a lot of stuff I’d like to be taking with a grain of salt right now but it’s hard not to be concerned
I couple things that spring to mind.
Vozzo strongly disagreea with Kennedy & Hurn extensions or other contracts (e.g. Rotham) and has cracked the sh1ts. Doesn't seem the type though.
Vozzo badly mismanaged the above and more, club said take a break (prior to severance). Possible.
Or something else entirely of course

Are we still none the wiser about Jarrod Cameron’s list status next year?

Still perplexed that nothing official has come out from the club yet.

Going through the AFL at the moment as to what will be done with his remaining salary. If we can’t wipe it off the cap he will have to stay on our list is all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or you can pull your head out of the sand, question why the guy we began contract talks with in March hasn’t signed in, look at the pay cuts Redden and co are taking and listen to MULTIPLE people who all got told the same things about Rotham and realise something is up ?

The club has also been pretty clear on Branders status.

Seems as if Brander isn't highly rated but not sure about Rotham.
Rumours are strated by haters, spread by the dull and believed by idiots.

I couple things that spring to mind.
Vozzo strongly disagreea with Kennedy & Hurn extensions or other contracts (e.g. Rotham) and has cracked the sh1ts. Doesn't seem the type though.
Vozzo badly mismanaged the above and more, club said take a break (prior to severance). Possible.
Or something else entirely of course

Vozzo doesn't strike me as a "crack the shits" type, and getting a reputation for being one would affect his career prospects in the corporate part of the footy world. It's much more likely, given he's been doing his own job plus Darren Glass' for the past year that he is actually burnt out. It's not ideal for the club for him to be off right now but it's also not ideal for him to be trying to do his job if he's not in the right headspace.

It’s all making sense. Why else would Rotham compete in the 100m sprint..He just got $5k which we can’t offer him.
You can't tell me Petrol didn't ease up, under instructions, to let him win the $5k. Hopefully no one at AFL house cottons on and investigates us for breaching the cap.

Vozzo doesn't strike me as a "crack the shits" type, and getting a reputation for being one would affect his career prospects in the corporate part of the footy world. It's much more likely, given he's been doing his own job plus Darren Glass' for the past year that he is actually burnt out. It's not ideal for the club for him to be off right now but it's also not ideal for him to be trying to do his job if he's not in the right headspace.

Two covid seasons, hubs, performances and results well below expectations etc. I can understand why he'd need a break.

You can't tell me Petrol didn't ease up, under instructions, to let him win the $5k. Hopefully no one at AFL house cottons on and investigates us for breaching the cap.

Eagles Tank will be the headlines. Loss of draft picks will be the cry from Vic media.

Hey, Melbourne tanked.........worked for them!

or you can pull your head out of the sand, question why the guy we began contract talks with in March hasn’t signed in, look at the pay cuts Redden and co are taking and listen to MULTIPLE people who all got told the same things about Rotham and realise something is up ?

Not really sure Redden and co (will presume you mean the aging Kennedy and Hurn) were due for pay rises or even the same pay, it's one year deals. I would say pay cuts are expected on those three.

Not saying the Rotham info is wrong but just the above means * all.

As someone on the East Coast who has worked under lockdown for the last 14? weeks COVID messes with your head. Can't imagine trying to run an AFL team over the last two years. If he needs a referesher he needs a referesher.

I imagine he'll still be available for calls/talks about big decisions / strategy etc., just won't be doing the day to day stuff.

If Rotham ends up at Adelaide I promise I’ll apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back